APEX 02/26-03/05 2022 Retreat, Eastern Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale

graphicguy

1 minute ago, mikewomb said:

Did you only take one pair of pants for a cruise?  😳

I'm only taking one pair on my upcoming cruise with X, even after hearing about this situation.  I don't wear pants when it's 75 degrees+  Unless forced too...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

So, have been resistant to mention a thorn in my side this cruise (and there are more thorns I will elaborate on later).  But, this one has really frosted me.

This is not the fault of Celebrity, but they certainly could have handled it better (true of many things I’ll elaborate on later).  

There was an ink pen packed in my carryon with a little note book I use for details I need to remind myself of.

It burst/leaked during the flight.  The closest clothing to the offending pen were my long pants.  Tried to wash them in the shower, no luck.  Ship cleaning service?  No luck.

Luminae allowed me to dine for dinner in shorts once I explained the situation.  Until, last night, when the Maitre’D informed us she had a complaint about me wearing shorts to dinner.  I chalk this up to someone being more worried about me, than them.  Understand, no one has been dressed formally any night.  

OK….just head to the MDR.  No shorts, there either.

We ended up dining in the buffet…which was actually quite good….seafood was better than we had in Luminae to begin with.

I get it.  Policy is policy.  

So, maybe whomever complained won’t mind me showing up tonight in my khakis with about an 11”x3” blue ink splotch on my pants!

The fact that a passenger made a formal complaint is beyond pathetic and petty, so many people worry about others and make it seem it reflects on them and ruin their dinner, sad!

• Like 5

Just now, LGW59 said:

The fact that a passenger made a formal complaint is beyond pathetic and petty, so many people worry about others and make it seem it reflects on them and ruin their dinner, sad!

Agree 100%   Live and let Live...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

All I can say is, the rules are the rules…if you don’t want to follow them, then cruise somewhere else. Don’t think there  should be exceptions. 

We sailed to Hawaii with a couple whose luggage was lost by their airline and did not make it to the ship until the first port of call. It was 4 sea days before the first stop. No exceptions would have been a little harsh here.

Rules are rules and are not meant to be broken. That doesn’t mean they can’t be bent!

Randy

• Like 3

Hairspray is usually good at taking ink out of fabric.

Saturate it, then rub with liquid soap or shampoo.

But there is no laundry service??!! ESPECIALLY in retreat??!! I'm quite shocked at this!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Hairspray is usually good at taking ink out of fabric.

Saturate it, then rub with liquid soap or shampoo.

But there is no laundry service??!! ESPECIALLY in retreat??!! I'm quite shocked at this!

The tried to wash them and then tried the ship laundry service.  I suspect since they have been laundered 2x and tried the stain is most likely set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 39august said:

You should speak with the Retreat concierge about this, and the suite manager. No way you should be required to buy pants! This shorts exception should be made for the duration of your cruise.

Took your advice.  My Concierge Host called the Luminae manager and got a pants exemption for me.  She said they should not have prevented us from dining in any retardant.  She also got us a reservation for the Rooftop Grill (assuming gratis) given it hasn’t shown up in my account balance as an apology even though it wasn’t her fault.

Will make it a point to show up in shorts to Luminae just to get under the skin of the nosy busy body!

Thanks for everyone’s input.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, r2h2 said:

They do sell mens pants on the ship or you could pickup a pair in St. Thomas...

Exactly, buy some britches. If you had all your clothes ruined or lost, what then?  Buff cruise for you I assume. 🙂. Better get sunscreen..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 3

I just got off the Apex last Saturday sailing in a suite.  There were a few families on my cruise.  One in particular had 2 teen age girls that came to dining room (dinner)and always had on shorts and they were very short.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Took your advice.  My Concierge Host called the Luminae manager and got a pants exemption for me.  She said they should not have prevented us from dining in any retardant.  She also got us a reservation for the Rooftop Grill (assuming gratis) given it hasn’t shown up in my account balance as an apology even though it wasn’t her fault.

Will make it a point to show up in shorts to Luminae just to get under the skin of the nosy busy body!

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Remember when I posted my experience in Luminae on the Apex stating the service being good but not exceptional? Everyone thought I was crazy. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know which deck we board on with Apex?  I thought it used to be 3 or 4.  Thanks in advance for the help.  Have to hit a few places once on board and wonder where I will be coming from.

Also how do you find your concierges?  We have a group of 6 of us but when we booked our dining reservations there were only 4 and it will not let me add the other 2 guest.  Called Celebrity and they said to go to our concierges or matrie d.  Anyone have any thoughts what will work best. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 39august said:

You should speak with the Retreat concierge about this, and the suite manager. No way you should be required to buy pants! This shorts exception should be made for the duration of your cruise.

Got a call from the Retreat Manager and my personal Concierge (Diana and Justine) yesterday.  We ended up meeting in the Concierge office.  Totally unexpected and certainly unnecessary but they wanted to discuss us being turned away from Luminae.  Again, both were apologetic.  

Bottom line, they said that was not the experience they wanted us to leave the ship with.  I get it.  And appreciated the dinner and apologies.

But, the one thing I asked them to communicate to their corporate and/or Captain….luxury or service focused cruising is not determined by how people choose to dress.  Everyone dresses differently.  Service/luxury is determined by how people are treated and made to feel.  I told them COVID changed how people dress, how people pack, and how people define service.

Some of the most well healed, successful, and wealthiest folks I know are very modest dressers. 

Who knows whether they will or won’t communicate our conversation.

I did appreciate their seemingly sincere apologies and concerns.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

But, the one thing I asked them to communicate to their corporate and/or Captain….luxury or service focused cruising is not determined by how people choose to dress.  Everyone dresses differently.  Service/luxury is determined by how people are treated and made to feel.  I told them COVID changed how people dress, how people pack, and how people define service.  

I'm on the Reflection right now and every night in Luminae there's a guy that has been wearing t-shirts to dinner. Not a nice fitted t-shirt but ones you would wear to the pool deck. One evening he paired it with carpenter jeans, with all the loops for tools.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm on the Reflection right now and every night in Luminae there's a guy that has been wearing t-shirts to dinner. Not a nice fitted t-shirt but ones you would wear to the pool deck. One evening he paired it with carpenter jeans, with all the loops for tools.

I promise you, my clothes are tasteful, clean and well fitting.  That’s more than I can say from some I’ve seen in Luminae!  LOL!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Got a call from the Retreat Manager and my personal Concierge (Diana and Justine) yesterday.  We ended up meeting in the Concierge office.  Totally unexpected and certainly unnecessary but they wanted to discuss us being turned away from Luminae.  Again, both were apologetic.  

Bottom line, they said that was not the experience they wanted us to leave the ship with.  I get it.  And appreciated the dinner and apologies.

Some of the most well healed, successful, and wealthiest folks I know are very modest dressers. 

Who knows whether they will or won’t communicate our conversation.

I did appreciate their seemingly sincere apologies and concerns.

Sounds to me that you handled this like a consummate professional with respect for the staff you met with as well as making, what seems to me, a very very valid point in your situation.  Glad it all worked out for you.  So nice to read a person who does not feel the need to "demand" ask for remuneration (which THEY offered), good on you graphicguy!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Sounds to me that you handled this like a consummate professional with respect for the staff you met with as well as making, what seems to me, a very very valid point in your situation.  Glad it all worked out for you.  So nice to read a person who does not feel the need to "demand" ask for remuneration (which THEY offered), good on you graphicguy!!

Thanks.  It’s all good!  Just want to enjoy our vacation.

• Like 1