Happy update from Divina January 16th 11-night cruise

Host Joe

Happy little post from somewhere in the Caribbean! The captain just announced that we have had ZERO COVID cases this entire cruise. One more stop tomorrow at their private island before arriving back in Miami 🤩  It has been a great cruise!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Host Joe said:

Happy little post from somewhere in the Caribbean! The captain just announced that we have had ZERO COVID cases this entire cruise. One more stop tomorrow at their private island before arriving back in Miami 🤩  It has been a great cruise!

Do you really believe that?

That may be passengers but are they testing? I assume most people know enough to shut up if your not up to par.

9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Do you really believe that?

That may be passengers but are they testing? I assume most people know enough to shut up if your not up to par.

Why would I not believe it? In the past few cruises there were cases and they were reported. Crew is tested regularly. No passengers have been ill, zero cases. 

I am happy to report some good news!

• Like 1

I think that on my recent cruise (Celebrity), we had 6 onboard cases of covid.

But...

My GF and I both tested positive after returning.  Great that there are no known cases.  Beats the heck out of the alternative.  But likely some will test positive after returning and it could be that some, like my GF, are asymptomatic.  For me, symptoms were super mild, much like a very low-level cold.

That is awesome news and great to hear you are having a good experience. It is easy to focus on all the problems/ worries and nice to pause and remember that overall we are all on this forum because we love cruising and it is a great way to vacation.

I know the itinerary was modified (Aruba and Cartagena replaced with Roatan and Cozumel, Montego Bay replaced with Ocho Rios) but did the modified schedule make all the ports? 

• Thanks 1

we’re recommended to call MSC if we have Covid or flu like symtomns within two weeks after a MSC cruise. I really wonder how many people to that lol…I can only imagine the reaction I’ll get if I call MSC after the cruise to report bouts of coughing days after the cruise…

source:

On the health declaration form in the ticket package, it says the following fine print:

In case of flu-like symptoms development within 14 days after your cruise, you should report it to your doctor or medical professional and MSC Cruises.

In all seriousness, hopefully this omicron wave is the last big wave of Covid…

interesting to note are some articles I’ve read on how countries that did really really well with preventing containing the various Covid variants don’t really have an exit strategy versus countries like the US whom may be much closer to Covid becoming an endemic/ “just a flu/cold”

I hope y’all stay safe and Covid go away!

Edited by FrostyJoe

3 hours ago, pghflyer said:

That is awesome news and great to hear you are having a good experience. It is easy to focus on all the problems/ worries and nice to pause and remember that overall we are all on this forum because we love cruising and it is a great way to vacation.

I know the itinerary was modified (Aruba and Cartagena replaced with Roatan and Cozumel, Montego Bay replaced with Ocho Rios) but did the modified schedule make all the ports? 

Thank you, there is so much negativity around that I am really happy things went great this cruise 😊

Yes, the initial changes to itinerary were made on day one and we have been on schedule completely. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Host Joe said:

This is really wonderful news! ❤️

Happy sailing! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

So happy to hear this! Glad you had a great cruise on my favorite ship to date!

Do you know how many passengers there were on board?

We have heard 1005 passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Joe said:

We have heard 1005 passengers. 

WOW

That seems like A lot after 2 yrs of craziness and recent pax of 500+/_

Glad all is well. So very glad for our friends at MSC and the industry of hospitailty

Have a great finish. Looking fwd to your review

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Motegi said:

Great news!

We were on Meraviglia last week and were told by staff that we had no new COVID cases onboard. 

Looks like Omicron is fading away as quickly as it appeared.

That’s great!!!  And let’s really hope next variant is less virulent than the omicron. I do hope Covid just goes away but we all know that’s not going to happen.

52 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

That’s great!!!  And let’s really hope next variant is less virulent than the omicron. I do hope Covid just goes away but we all know that’s not going to happen.

As a healthcare worker who has spent the last two years in the hospitals I believe that for much of the planet COVID has already transitioned to become an endemic disease.  With the majority of the population having developed immunity either through infection, vaccination, or both we will have seasonal variations much like influenza rather than the pandemic type scenarios we had at the beginning.   

• Like 3

Glad to hear Covid seems to be in decline.  Sorry to hear you missed Aruba and Cartagena, two ports which set that particular itinerary apart as one of the best available out of Miami.  We cancelled our similar cruise Dec 5th due to the uncertainty.  Looking forward to re-booking asap.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:34 PM, pghflyer said:

Interesting it looks like a similar version of this itinerary was just cancelled today - the 03/27/22 Divina

I just checked on that itinerary. You are correct. There is a three day leaving on the Divina on March 24 but nothing after that date until early April. Could it be a charter?

43 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I read on FB people thought they were moving the ship to Orlando early as it will be based in that port starting April 8th.  So nothing on the books from March 27th to April 8th.

True, but the 3/27 was listed as a re-positioning to Port Canaveral.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:56 PM, Motegi said:

Great news!

We were on Meraviglia last week and were told by staff that we had no new COVID cases onboard. 

Looks like Omicron is fading away as quickly as it appeared.

❤️❤️ such wonderful news

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 8:21 AM, Markanddonna said:

I just checked on that itinerary. You are correct. There is a three day leaving on the Divina on March 24 but nothing after that date until early April. Could it be a charter?

We actually just booked on Friday for March 31st- April 4th sailing from Miami.