LIVE Suite Review 1/30-2/6: A (Solo) Woman on the Edge

GenerationX

6 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Thank you for this recommendation! The food looks really good!  Do I need to make a reservation in advance or can I just show up?  Also, is it pretty easy to get a taxi back to port from there at the end of the day?

We made reservations; not sure if you can just show up & ask. Message him on his site--he gets back to you quickly. The food WAS good! You just let him know when you are ready & he calls for a cab!

Edited by KKB
  • Thanks 1

TA said I should receive a full refund from Celebrity so I can’t ask for more than that.  I took a Rapid test at CVS today, Friday, with boarding on Sunday.  I had tested negative at CVS on Tuesday.  Took that test due to close proximity with a houseguest who tested positive.  The person who called me with the positive test results said that a positive result could show up in future blood tests for the next 2 to 3 months.  She said that some cruise lines are taking this into account and not requiring retests in light of a recent positive diagnosis.  Whether or not she is correct on either point, I don’t know.  I confirmed that Celebrity will still require the negative test 48 hours prior to boarding.  I am fortunate in that I am a two and a half hour drive to the port so if i decide to roll the dice and book another cruise in March and get a positive again there are no hotels or air reservations to cancel.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ILgirl said:

Unfortunately, instead of meeting you on the Edge as planned, I will have to  settle for living the cruise vicariously though your great posts.  I tested positive for COVID this am.  I am fortunate with only mild symptoms, congestion, a bit achy, that’s it.  I guess it was not meant for me to cruise on Sunday.  I hope you have a BLAST and I will definitely be along for the ride.😃

OH NOOOOO!!!! I’m so sorry ILgirl. I hope your symptoms stay mild and that you feel better soon.  I really hope we get to cruise together soon!

23 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Especially since my husband and I plan to do a Galapagos cruise in 2023.  I want to find an agent that really has experience with that itinerary.  Something I’ll focus on during my “cruising break” between my March sailing on Millennium and my Alaska cruise in July. 😁

I really enjoyed Jodi Picoult's Wish You Were Here. The main character goes to the Galapagos. It seems like such an interesting place! Love your reviews and am eager to experience this cruise virtually!

• Like 1

Good Morning from St. Louis International Airport!

After a nice little nap on the hour drive to the airport, I kissed my husband (who admitted he was having regrets about not coming with me given the snow forecast for STL this week, too late now buddy!) goodbye for the week.

The priority bag check line was short but VERY slow moving.  The people in front of me all seemed to be making international connections in Miami and yet be surprised that they were being asked for their COVID tests, vaccine cards, travel insurance documents, etc. required for their travel.  One also seemed to think arguing with the poor ticket agent would somehow magically change these foreign legal requirements!

Fortunately, there was only one person ahead of me in the TSA precheck security line so l still made it to my gate with 15 minutes to spare.

When I checked in for my flight the agent asked if Miami was my final destination and I said “Yes, well, leaving on a cruise tomorrow but for now just Miami.”  The lady in the agent line next to me looked at me like I’d just said I was going to free dive with great white sharks tomorrow. 😂 

Direct flight options from STL to FLL are very limited, so I’m flying into Miami and then taking an Uber over to my hotel by Port Everglades.  I’d much rather pay an extra $30 for my Uber that deal with a plane change.

Looking at weather it appears that my brief stay in Fort Lauderdale has timed up perfectly with a rare “cold snap”.  And by “cold snap” these Florida folks mean it’s “only” going to get up to like 60 degrees.  To me, a winter hardened midwesterner, this is throw a cardigan over my sundress weather.  

While I’ll miss the opportunity to take a dip the pool, given the temperature I woke up to this morning, I expect the high 50’s is going to feel practical balmy!

Next stop, Miami!

12CFD730-6E9C-4366-BBDC-A44FEDA550BF.thumb.jpeg.10c0b3973dfc75997686ccd303c77ded.jpeg

2807D09C-8325-40DB-9833-F8F1DC77769F.thumb.png.6bf88a07e606397a0d81cf7607abca26.png

• Like 19

22 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Who’s got a negative COVID test and just checked in for her flight to Miami tomorrow morning? This lady!!!!

I haven’t been so happy to see one line on a test strip since 3 weeks after Jeremy and I’s Alaska honeymoon cruise.  

The home test process was relatively painless (relatively being the operative word).  If you’re planning to do it, I do recommend watching a few YouTube videos of the process first.  

If you’ve given yourself the regular non-monitored Binax Covid tests before, you’ll have a pretty easy time because the testing steps are identical.

There were a couple of brief moments of confusion in my process.  When I logged on and connected with an agent to test the first time, when the agent checked my ID, she said I’d have to log off and update my test account because my passport has my middle name but my account didn’t. So I’d need to add my middle name on my account so it would show on the test results.  The catch:  when I went back to my test account profile, there’s not even an option to include your middle name.  It only has fields for first and last name.

A quick chat with customer service (fortunately without a long wait for a representative) confirmed my middle name wasn’t needed.

When I logged back in to test again, sure enough, when the second agent checked my ID, she didn’t say anything about the middle name issue, just on to the test. This time though, unlike the videos I watched online where the agent talked you through the steps of the test, this agent just said “read and follow the instructions I’m going to put on screen” then muted herself while graphics and written instructions (in tiny print) on how to do the tests popped up on my screen.  No audio.  Since I was pretty familiar with how to do the test, it wasn’t an issue for me. But I could see this being frustrating for someone who’d never tested themselves before and/or who has trouble reading small words on a computer screen.

She also didn’t tell me that I was free to get up and move around during the 15 minutes the test is processing (as long as your test card stays on camera at all times and you don’t touch or move it during that time).   I knew this was ok from watching the YouTube videos but didn’t want to risk it so I stayed out the whole 15 minutes.

I got my results via email and in the NAVICA app on my phone within 5 minutes of the proctor confirming my negative results.

Agenda for the rest of the day: Tie up loose ends at the office, stop by the butcher for some nice steaks for dinner tonight (I have to kiss up to my 3am ride to the airport after all) then finally…followers of my previous reviews, you know what’s coming…drink champagne while packing and watching Gentlemen Prefer Blondes!

28B39B5B-3614-42AE-A5A0-C54976CCF6AB.thumb.jpeg.896392c69ee52a61af47455182e08e35.jpeg

I will be on the Silhouette soon and am feeling overwhelmed with concern about covid testing. Where can I find the information to order the covid test on the Celebrity website?  Can't seem to find it. 

Thank you for your great entertaining review. It is so helpful to get practical information and enjoy you sharing your travels.

32 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

I will be on the Silhouette soon and am feeling overwhelmed with concern about covid testing. Where can I find the information to order the covid test on the Celebrity website?  Can't seem to find it. 

Thank you for your great entertaining review. It is so helpful to get practical information and enjoy you sharing your travels.

Happy to help! The link on the celebrity site is a bit hard to find. It’s a really small hyperlink. This link to order the Celebrity test should work but just let me know if it doesn’t.

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/

Following! You are a great writer; fantastic style! And solo...what fun and how adventurous!  I did a LIVE from Equinox back in the Fall and I so enjoyed it and all the wonderful people I met thanks to the LIVE.

Even though I don’t have a Celebrity Cruise planned for awhile, I do have 2 cruises coming up end of February and April, and your infectious spirit is making me so excited for those! Plus you’re doing an Edge class which I’d like to try sometimes.

@ILgirl Oh no that is awful! I hope you have a very mild case with negative testing following quickly. Testing positive for my end of February cruise is my nightmare...I unfortunately (fortunately?) have a 2-year COVID delayed trip to see Hugh Jackman in Music Man on Broadway next week, and I’m really worried I’ll catch COVID on this trip and then test positive for cruise.

Grab that sweater @GenerationX and have a GREAT TIME!

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 1

I’ve arrived in Florida!  The flight in was smooth other than a few wind gusts off the ocean as we came in to land in that had me white knuckling my armrest a little bit.  Fortunately by then I was 3 in-flight screwdrivers deep so my nerves were dulled a little bit.

Every time I have to get out of bed for the red eye to Miami I ask myself why I don’t book one or the 2 later daily nonstops from STL to MIA.  Then I remember being on one of the first flights of the day comes with much lower risk of delays and besides, there’s something kind of cool about watching sunrise with coffee and a cocktail at 32,000 feet.

The first class breakfast options weren’t nearly as good as on my last flight.  Instead of the yummy smoked salmon platter it was a choice of a turkey sandwich or a fruit plate.  I went with the sandwich but the lady next to me did the fruit plate and when the trays came out I wished I’d gotten it.  The bread was kind of hard on the sandwich and it was skimpy on the roasted red pepper spread.

The Miami airport wasn’t crowded at all and it took less than 5 minutes to get an Uber to my hotel, the Hyatt Place Airport & Cruiseport.  The ride took about 40 minutes with no traffic and cost 47.00 including tip.

The Hyatt Place is nowhere near as fancy as the Hyatt Centric where I stayed pre-Equinox cruise, but it’s clean and I wanted to keep it simpler before this cruise and really wanted to be in the Dania Beach neighborhood.  I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street for a night after Equinox and while I wasn’t impressed with the hotel (thus far, I like Hyatt Place much better), the area around the hotel is great. Lots of shopping and dining options in walking distance.

I’m currently having some lunch and wine at the Cooper’s Hawk Winery a 5 minute walk from the hotel.  We have a Cooper’s Hawk in STL and Jeremy and I are members of their wine club (surprise surprise right?).  The wine club member benefits are valid at any location, so I’m getting a discount on the by the glass wine I’m drinking at lunch.  On my way back to the hotel, I may go into their wine shop and pick up 1 or 2 of the 6 free bottles of wine we currently have on our wine club account to have for my room on the Edge.

Once I get back to the hotel I’m going to send a few work emails and take a long nap, then I’m meeting a girlfriend for dinner who relocated to the area recently. She’s promised to take me to a “quite spot that’s a locals secret” that has a “ridiculous beer bucket and fresh crab leg special on Saturday nights”.  I haven’t asked her yet whether I’m permitted to blow said local secret by sharing the details with all of Cruise Critic if the place is super good.  If I am, I promise I’ll fill you all in.

I also have to give her massive props for being a good sport about my insistence that she take a rapid COVID test before we hang out.

As I sit here eating my seafood bisque and potstickers, I can’t help but grin at the thought that this time tomorrow I’ll be having lunch in Luminae on the Edge.  Less than 24 hours to go till embarkation!!!!

Cheers from Fort Lauderdale!

98EE861E-64DC-4983-B6E3-0E71217604FE.thumb.jpeg.b53377e1addfdc5f8123907fd314c260.jpeg

5304B58D-0B33-412E-B221-ECF7EB39F57A.thumb.jpeg.d5897aa432aa03c416b742dd1deb8f46.jpeg

5BA7AFC2-FB00-4493-A06B-C3BA98176D3F.thumb.jpeg.44b0d5463920457b4fe4e3ac14389493.jpeg

E33160F0-0658-4A2F-A65F-430473F850EF.thumb.jpeg.8f6befb0a4584bcfd67f8c92f6b07314.jpeg

DFB0F50E-EE79-4397-BEE7-2897D8FA0EF3.thumb.jpeg.85f5fef0dcdd9958b40e6e70a1c41a21.jpeg

8E47B36C-D03B-4FEA-BE40-8A97790EFFC7.thumb.jpeg.be279752733196e75f33b89dd6eedeb3.jpeg

78A47C29-9D8E-484A-B989-422924BBC5BD.thumb.jpeg.e0e9b41ac63090d819180d551928445b.jpeg

00B2C8FF-40B5-480C-8C89-FA4ADB1DD7C3.thumb.jpeg.4a73807d5b213f80f591a0c72fc9c8f8.jpeg

EC0FBCE0-55A0-4FDA-90BF-00E6B7CC2306.thumb.jpeg.94772ded0f7e79a0a5b4e2a5ee08984b.jpeg

40373893-A05A-47AB-B66C-66FE708074F3.thumb.jpeg.654232d9b601c477e5ebd68fcac8f5f3.jpeg

0D2D5A86-2D7B-4582-9A7E-1707C0F5CFC5.thumb.jpeg.75caf93d1e65b383148430be2edfc262.jpeg

A4212F6E-1B6D-4352-B163-F453A3C37918.thumb.jpeg.707533700b9ae9883e7d2a5ca841afe9.jpeg

• Like 16

Ok, I’m sure it’s a faux pas for the live reviewer to be asking help of the followers but I’ve surprisingly never done this before and CC’s search functionality is about as user friendly as Windows Vista.  So…question for those following:

If I’m going to bring some wine onboard tomorrow (I understand up to 2 bottles are allowed), can I bring that in my carryon? Or does it need to go in the bags that I leave with the porters at the pier?  I’d rather carry the fragile cargo on myself if possible.

Anyone know? Bueller? Bueller?

Edited by GenerationX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Ok, I’m sure it’s a faux pas for the live reviewer to be asking help of the followers but I’ve surprisingly never done this before and CC’s search functionality is about as user friendly as Windows Vista.  So…question for those following:

If I’m going to bring some wine onboard tomorrow (I understand up to 2 bottles are allowed), can I bring that in my carryon? Or does it need to go in the bags that I leave with the porters at the pier?  I’d rather carry the fragile cargo on myself if possible.

Carry on...otherwise they think you are trying to sneak it in your suitcase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

You can do it either way.  I always carry mine.

• Thanks 1

I am so very excited for you!!  Glad you arrived safely in Miami.  I can't wait to read your posts.  Bon voyage. 

P.S.  Thanks for guiding me about how to make reservations for Cypress, Normandie, and Tuscan.  Worked perfectly.  Even though Luminae is great, I don't know that I want to eat there every day for 21 days...

Edited by quicklabs
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 5:45 PM, GenerationX said:

Hello Again CC!

So remember back in November when I did a live review from the Equinox and I was desperately trying to resist buying a vintage Louis Vuitton bag in the luxury shop in case I needed that money to book a last minute winter cruise?

Well, it turned out to be a wise decision!  It only took about 6 days of single digit temperatures and 2 instances of our garage door freezing shut for me to decide that hopping on a ship and sailing away to warmer weather could NOT wait till my next cruise booked in March.

As an added bonus, this time I’ll be trying Edge class for the first time!  After spending years reading the many mixed reviews and looking at sky suite prices that were about as budget friendly as a Birkin bag, I’ll finally get to experience the first of the line of ships designed with my generation in mind (allegedly).

I know I’m starting this live report a bit early (I don’t fly out for 3 days, 13 hours and 5 minutes, but hey who’s counting), but I must admit that I am particularly excited for this cruise!

When I started eyeing this sailing shortly after Christmas, the plan was for hubby and I to go together.  But then came late December, when omicron really reared its ugly head and with it the “horror stories” of onboard outbreaks and significant numbers of passengers quarantined.  My better half decided he wasn’t comfortable cruising this winter.  

I fully respect my husband’s risk tolerance and the decisions of all those who decide not to sail right now. But for me, I’m in my late 30’s, relatively healthy and at the peak period for the immunity from my COVID booster (according to the early studies anyway).  For me personally, the opportunity to try E-class for the first time on a low passenger count sailing at a price that was half what Celebrity was asking pre-shutdown was well worth taking a risk with a few extra precautions taken onboard.

In that spirit, one evening after working an 18 hour day then slipping on ice on our driveway, I let my husband know that I intended to sail on the Edge with or without him.  My dear husband, being used to my adamant temperament and well aware of my utter disdain for all temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, responded with: “very well my love, just let me know when I have to take you to the airport”.

Like others who are choosing to sail right now, I’m heading out knowing that this cruise may be somewhat different from my other 2 post-shutdown Celebrity sailings.

I’m a pretty outgoing person and one of my favorite parts of solo cruising is having the opportunity to meet and get to know so many new people.  But this cruise I’ll probably keep to myself more the first few days.  I want to minimize the risk of being contact traced early on and having to spend one of my first days onboard locked in my stateroom awaiting test results. 

That being said if you’re going to be onboard with me and are up for having a social distanced chat from across the barbthe fist few days, please don't be shy and do come say hello! I’d love to test my ability to make new friends at a 6 foot distance.

Also, while I’ll be sailing in a sky suite, I’ll only be having a couple of dinners in my usual favorite, Luminae.  I got generous OBC with this booking and Edge comes with a whole new world of restaurants to explore.  

Plus I looked over the Luminae dinner menus for our sailing and most nights they just didn’t look that exciting to me.

Pro tip:  if you’re a hyper planner like me and like to book your specialty dinning in advance, usually the dining room menus for your sailing will pop up in the Celebrity app a few weeks before your cruise.  I look through them and find the nights where I’m not crazy about the menu and book my specialty restaurants for those nights.

I also won’t be spending a ton of time in ports on this cruise. Our scheduled ports of call are Nassau, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Roatan.  I’ve never been overly thrilled with Nassau or Costa Maya, so will spend those days exploring an even more empty ship.  

I have half day excursions booked through Celebrity in Cozumel and Roatan, but if for some reason we don’t make those ports, I won’t be too disappointed. Edge is really the destination for me on this cruise (and I would probably rethink sailing right now if visiting the scheduled ports had been REALLY important to me).

I plan to try all of the specialty restaurants except La Petit Chef (according to the app, this sailing it’s a show I’ve seen before) and I also made a reservation one night to try the Cyprus main dining room.

As I decided on whether to book this cruise I spent a lot of time on CC and social media following the info being reported from onboard. (BTW, a big thank you to all those cruisers for taking the time to share!).

One common theme I saw in comments from current Edge cruisers was that while the ship has been fairly low occupancy, suites have been sold out, so Luminae and Retreat areas have been more crowded than the common areas so I’ll be sure to report on my experiences with that.

I’ll also definitely spend some time checking out the casino and onboard shopping scene.  I’ve also reserved a cabana with bottle service for the first sea day and will likely partake in any and all wine-related events that are offered. (My husband enjoys joking that my annual spending on wine, cigars, slot machines and wardrobe could economically stabilize a small third world country.  Really, the man is so dramatic.)

If there’s anything else in particular folks want to know about please feel free to ask.  Now I’m off to tackle a few more things on my pre-cruise checklist. Saturday morning it’s wheels up for Florida!

1EF380B7-C32E-4EDD-A016-EF50BCB2207A.thumb.jpeg.548f049132bb78ea1d147a4756f57238.jpeg

I wish I was going to be on this cruise because you sound like a blast!

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Oh Boy!   I've been waiting for the next chapter of your adventures at sea.   I love hearing about all the pre-cruise planning as I am also a big planner.  

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the warm weather.

Planning is half the fun, isn't it?! People think I'm crazy....🤡

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 9:15 PM, GenerationX said:

Hello! Pre-Covid I did use a TA but unfortunately the agent I liked working with didn’t return to the agency after the COVID shut downs and layoffs. So my post-shutdown cruises I’ve booked myself.

Finding a good new TA is on my list of things to do. Especially since my husband and I plan to do a Galapagos cruise in 2023.  I want to find an agent that really has experience with that itinerary.  Something I’ll focus on during my “cruising break” between my March sailing on Millennium and my Alaska cruise in July. 😁

Never mind! I thought I could recommend, but I can't. My apologies to all.

Edited by JaneAustenCruiser

21 hours ago, GenerationX said:

I’ve arrived in Florida!  The flight in was smooth other than a few wind gusts off the ocean as we came in to land in that had me white knuckling my armrest a little bit.  Fortunately by then I was 3 in-flight screwdrivers deep so my nerves were dulled a little bit.

Every time I have to get out of bed for the red eye to Miami I ask myself why I don’t book one or the 2 later daily nonstops from STL to MIA.  Then I remember being on one of the first flights of the day comes with much lower risk of delays and besides, there’s something kind of cool about watching sunrise with coffee and a cocktail at 32,000 feet.

The first class breakfast options weren’t nearly as good as on my last flight.  Instead of the yummy smoked salmon platter it was a choice of a turkey sandwich or a fruit plate.  I went with the sandwich but the lady next to me did the fruit plate and when the trays came out I wished I’d gotten it.  The bread was kind of hard on the sandwich and it was skimpy on the roasted red pepper spread.

The Miami airport wasn’t crowded at all and it took less than 5 minutes to get an Uber to my hotel, the Hyatt Place Airport & Cruiseport.  The ride took about 40 minutes with no traffic and cost 47.00 including tip.

The Hyatt Place is nowhere near as fancy as the Hyatt Centric where I stayed pre-Equinox cruise, but it’s clean and I wanted to keep it simpler before this cruise and really wanted to be in the Dania Beach neighborhood.  I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street for a night after Equinox and while I wasn’t impressed with the hotel (thus far, I like Hyatt Place much better), the area around the hotel is great. Lots of shopping and dining options in walking distance.

I’m currently having some lunch and wine at the Cooper’s Hawk Winery a 5 minute walk from the hotel.  We have a Cooper’s Hawk in STL and Jeremy and I are members of their wine club (surprise surprise right?).  The wine club member benefits are valid at any location, so I’m getting a discount on the by the glass wine I’m drinking at lunch.  On my way back to the hotel, I may go into their wine shop and pick up 1 or 2 of the 6 free bottles of wine we currently have on our wine club account to have for my room on the Edge.

Once I get back to the hotel I’m going to send a few work emails and take a long nap, then I’m meeting a girlfriend for dinner who relocated to the area recently. She’s promised to take me to a “quite spot that’s a locals secret” that has a “ridiculous beer bucket and fresh crab leg special on Saturday nights”.  I haven’t asked her yet whether I’m permitted to blow said local secret by sharing the details with all of Cruise Critic if the place is super good.  If I am, I promise I’ll fill you all in.

I also have to give her massive props for being a good sport about my insistence that she take a rapid COVID test before we hang out.

As I sit here eating my seafood bisque and potstickers, I can’t help but grin at the thought that this time tomorrow I’ll be having lunch in Luminae on the Edge.  Less than 24 hours to go till embarkation!!!!

Cheers from Fort Lauderdale!

98EE861E-64DC-4983-B6E3-0E71217604FE.thumb.jpeg.b53377e1addfdc5f8123907fd314c260.jpeg

5304B58D-0B33-412E-B221-ECF7EB39F57A.thumb.jpeg.d5897aa432aa03c416b742dd1deb8f46.jpeg

5BA7AFC2-FB00-4493-A06B-C3BA98176D3F.thumb.jpeg.44b0d5463920457b4fe4e3ac14389493.jpeg

E33160F0-0658-4A2F-A65F-430473F850EF.thumb.jpeg.8f6befb0a4584bcfd67f8c92f6b07314.jpeg

DFB0F50E-EE79-4397-BEE7-2897D8FA0EF3.thumb.jpeg.85f5fef0dcdd9958b40e6e70a1c41a21.jpeg

8E47B36C-D03B-4FEA-BE40-8A97790EFFC7.thumb.jpeg.be279752733196e75f33b89dd6eedeb3.jpeg

78A47C29-9D8E-484A-B989-422924BBC5BD.thumb.jpeg.e0e9b41ac63090d819180d551928445b.jpeg

00B2C8FF-40B5-480C-8C89-FA4ADB1DD7C3.thumb.jpeg.4a73807d5b213f80f591a0c72fc9c8f8.jpeg

EC0FBCE0-55A0-4FDA-90BF-00E6B7CC2306.thumb.jpeg.94772ded0f7e79a0a5b4e2a5ee08984b.jpeg

40373893-A05A-47AB-B66C-66FE708074F3.thumb.jpeg.654232d9b601c477e5ebd68fcac8f5f3.jpeg

0D2D5A86-2D7B-4582-9A7E-1707C0F5CFC5.thumb.jpeg.75caf93d1e65b383148430be2edfc262.jpeg

A4212F6E-1B6D-4352-B163-F453A3C37918.thumb.jpeg.707533700b9ae9883e7d2a5ca841afe9.jpeg

Thanks for the port hotels feedback.

We are booked in that Hyatt, and I was considering a change.

Glad I kept our reservations.

Good Morning everyone!  TODAY’S THE DAY!!!!

I’m all dressed for a somewhat “cool” embarkation day.  Earlier this month I was thrill  to find that the maker of my much loved world map embarkation day dress now makes it in my favorite color!

While I’m impatiently counting down the final hour till I can board the Edge, I’ll share a little about my fun evening last night.  

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to disclose the fantastic local bar that my girlfriend and I went to for dinner, but wow. 2lbs of crab legs, large fries and a pitcher of beer for under $50 including tip.

After dinner we came back towards my hotel and walked around the Dania Beach shopping center and did a little shopping at Tommy Bahama (I found a new dinner dress for the cruise that I probably didn’t need…ok definitely didn’t NEED…but was a steal on clearance) then we had cocktails in the adjoining Marlin Bar.  The pineapple martini there rivals the one at the martini bar onboard.  We were still stuffed from dinner but the tacos going to other tables looked really good. I may have to go back and try them next time I’m in town.  

I’m going to sign off now to do my safety briefing in the app, finish packing up and head to the pier. Next time you hear from me I’ll be on the Edge!

CA0CBD38-8914-4D16-A39E-B5E3C480CC0B.thumb.jpeg.8567f26e855bbee1d8855333b44d9a76.jpeg

B1BA11CA-33E7-438E-97D1-0D1AD35EBB32.thumb.jpeg.d0ee402c4fe88a7c15dc5bbe2ae6fc3c.jpeg

3C695BDB-D089-435B-A457-B895A535794C.thumb.jpeg.04f27a3c2ac5ec691948b06ea918816a.jpeg

C980457B-7182-4A5B-B9DC-FB1A5408AB8B.thumb.jpeg.873329420ff492e6a452bd53bca64725.jpeg

• Like 17