Check in....do at midnight or early in the morning

RoperDK

Just now, RoperDK said:

Scheduled for check in on Jan. 26th.  Is it necessary to check in at midnight to get a good boarding time or is early/mid morning still good?    

How desperate are you for earliest check in time?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

How desperate are you for earliest check in time?

Well, we do want to be early.  We are usually Carnival cruisers (Platinum) and used to getting on board first thing.  On our other Royal cruises, pre covid, we were in suites and just arrived when we wanted to.  We are in a suite for this cruise, too.  Just wanting to understand if there is a rush to check in or if I can start in the morning and not be at 1 or later.  

• Like 1

For my February 27 cruise on Harmony we waited almost 24 hours before checking in after it opened, because we had some questions before completing it. And there were still early arrival times available. So probably not going to

make a difference if you get a few extra Z’s in and do it in the later morning and not at midnight. My first RCCL cruise too after Carnival, so wasn’t sure what to expect either. 

• Thanks 1

11pm here too in Minnesota; was available for check in so just stayed up a bit later and got earliest arrival window.  We're in a suite as well but (take it for what it's worth) the indications are that suites can arrive an our ahead or later than ones arrival window - if you get a late arrival window it's possible you could be delayed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Well heck, just checked the app and it says "check-in closed".  Earlier today it said Jan. 26th.  Anyone have experience with this? 

Mine did this as well right before check in. Try logging out of the app and log back in, this corrected the issue on my end.  I did stay up to check in but I am central time so I did check in at 11pm, not all that much later than I would be going to bed anyway.  I did the minimal I had to do to secure a check in time then went back later and filled everything else in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On our October cruise I stayed up until midnight just to get an early time.  Other on our board slept in that morning and still got the early time…😳

When I did check in for our February cruise I slept in and still got the early check in time so who knows…..😂😂

• Thanks 1

Our check-in date is a moving target.  First it said check-in February 1, few days later February 2, then February 1 again, then February 2 again.  Today it says February 3.  I'm so confused 😆.  But as Coral C says, I'm on the west coast, so midnight in Miami is 9:00 here.  Just have to figure out WHICH 9:00.

Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a question for anyone who's using the app... is this "check-in" time different from the "wellness check" that they ask you during the process where you also add your travel info such as passport, upload vaccine card, and the Health & Safety questions that you can only answer 1 day before embarkation? I ask because this process was able to be put in progress at least a month ahead of my cruise so I was wondering if this was something else.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Uwlwsrpm said:

Just a question for anyone who's using the app... is this "check-in" time different from the "wellness check" that they ask you during the process where you also add your travel info such as passport, upload vaccine card, and the Health & Safety questions that you can only answer 1 day before embarkation? I ask because this process was able to be put in progress at least a month ahead of my cruise so I was wondering if this was something else.

Currently when checkin becomes available and you open that section of the app, you get an informational page followed by a page with four items per person: Travel info,  Arrival time, Vaccination, and Health&saftey.  That final one cannot be done until about 24 hours before arrival.  The other three can be completed on the app in any order after check in opens (I think checkin usually opens about 45 days before the cruise)

So, when if DH or I are up at midnight (or awaken during the night or when we get up in am), we go to the check in page on the app, click “arrival time”, and select an early arrival window.  Later that week or whenever it is convenient, we enter our travel info (passport, photo, etc) and vaccination info (photo of card). Then finally, the day before the cruise, we do the health questionnaire.  I hope that helps.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Currently when checkin becomes available and you open that section of the app, you get an informational page followed by a page with four items per person: Travel info,  Arrival time, Vaccination, and Health&saftey.  That final one cannot be done until about 24 hours before arrival.  The other three can be completed on the app in any order after check in opens (I think checkin usually opens about 45 days before the cruise)

So, when if DH or I are up at midnight (or awaken during the night or when we get up in am), we go to the check in page on the app, click “arrival time”, and select an early arrival window.  Later that week or whenever it is convenient, we enter our travel info (passport, photo, etc) and vaccination info (photo of card). Then finally, the day before the cruise, we do the health questionnaire.  I hope that helps.

That does make sense and seems to be what I have done. For some reason when I read the op I interpreted it as actually choosing boarding time only opens 1 day before embarkation and the time that I previously thought was boarding (the one we were both talking about that opens 45 days before with normal check-in) was something else. Thank you!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, relaxatsea said:

On both my Oasis cruises, I checked in at midnight and got earliest boarding times, highly recommend.

We did it at 11pm CT - and the earliest offered at that time was 11:30am, which we took.  Many others sailing with us also did this.  I think later in the morning the earliest was noon. 

By way of clarification, when I said we got the "earliest boarding times", that was 11:30 AM, the earliest offered to us.  I think if you are in a higher room category, you might get 11 AM, but I'm not sure.  Both times we had standard balcony cabins.  We are D+, but that no longer makes any difference for early boarding.

7 minutes ago, relaxatsea said:

By way of clarification, when I said we got the "earliest boarding times", that was 11:30 AM, the earliest offered to us.  I think if you are in a higher room category, you might get 11 AM, but I'm not sure.  Both times we had standard balcony cabins.  We are D+, but that no longer makes any difference for early boarding.

It might depend upon the port/ship.  We got 11am and are in a boardwalk balcony.  You may also want to check occasionally to see if an earlier time is added in the future…stranger things have happened.

Edited by Starry Eyes

21 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Scheduled for check in on Jan. 26th.  Is it necessary to check in at midnight to get a good boarding time or is early/mid morning still good?    

I normally do it when I get up and we always get the earliest boarding time.

I am the OP.  I slept in my recliner thinking I would wake up during the night and check in and then go to bed after.  Well, I guess I have a comfy chair as I didn't wake up until 5:30. Lol.  I still got 11 am check in, so all is well.  I guess 11 is the earliest time?  When should we show up at the parking deck?  I hear Port Canaveral parking can be difficult.  If we show up at 10:30ish can we drop off our luggage then and hang out in our car until 11?   

• Like 3