Thrak: Radiqal, LLC

Mike45LC

When I tried to complete my pre-cruise "paperwork" in the #$%$# Medallion Application, I am required to "authorize Radiqal, LLC to store my payment method and agree to the terms and conditions of this authorization."   I searched the Forum for "Radiqal" and you are one of two people who used that name in posts.  

1.  Given how paranoid the Forum members seem to be about potentially scammer phone calls, I am shocked that more people haven't posted asking who or what this company is;

2.  I did a quick google search and still have no idea why I should authorize this company to store my credit card data beyond "if I want to cruise, I have to agree to this".    Do you have any thoughts on the subject?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

When I tried to complete my pre-cruise "paperwork" in the #$%$# Medallion Application, I am required to "authorize Radiqal, LLC to store my payment method and agree to the terms and conditions of this authorization."   I searched the Forum for "Radiqal" and you are one of two people who used that name in posts.  

1.  Given how paranoid the Forum members seem to be about potentially scammer phone calls, I am shocked that more people haven't posted asking who or what this company is;

2.  I did a quick google search and still have no idea why I should authorize this company to store my credit card data beyond "if I want to cruise, I have to agree to this".    Do you have any thoughts on the subject?  

I remember seeing that when it asked me if I wanted to store my payment information for shoreside transactions.  When I investigated what those were, it turns out you can use your Medallion at a very few specific locations to pay for your purchases.. the big one that stood out was Diamonds International.  🤑🤑

I declined, and simply entered the information for shipboard purchases 

• Like 4

I am a Cutie, I declined the Shore-Purchases but for shipboard, they still demand that I authorize Radiqal to store my info.  If this company didn't violate the "U" after "Q" rule, I might be less antagonistic towards it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

A few things my search turned up, don't know if you found this on them. 

Radiqal is a software product’s and services company with over 50 man years of management and over 200 man years of development experience. Recognized for strong technical and leadership skills, we have been a high end – niche market solution’s company and have time and again delivered cutting edge solutions for our customers.

We nurture ideas from inception to completion. Radiqal has a state of the art software research, development and support facility in India.

In todays cost competitive market place, innovative thinking is the fuel to survival and success. We pledge to augment our client’s domain expertise by providing “RADIQALLY” different solutions, in-turn giving them a competitive edge.

Our Systems Design and Development expertise are in the areas of Internet of Things (IoT), Gaming and Wagering, Mobile Development, Interactive TV, Video on Demand, Content Delivery, Broadcast Satellite TV, Hospitality, Carrier Class GSM Service Provisioning and B2B – B2C products and services.

Some Of Our Clients

CARNIVALNEW.JPG
comcast_dec2012.jpg
portfolio img 3
portfolio img 4

portfolio img 3
portfolio img 4
portfolio img 1
portfolio img 2

portfolio img 2

3 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Radiqal is a software product’s and services company with over 50 man years of management and over 200 man years of development experience. Recognized for strong technical and leadership skills, we have been a high end – niche market solution’s company and have time and again delivered cutting edge solutions for our customers.

We nurture ideas from inception to completion. Radiqal has a state of the art software research, development and support facility in India.

In todays cost competitive market place, innovative thinking is the fuel to survival and success. We pledge to augment our client’s domain expertise by providing “RADIQALLY” different solutions, in-turn giving them a competitive edge.

Our Systems Design and Development expertise are in the areas of Internet of Things (IoT), Gaming and Wagering, Mobile Development, Interactive TV, Video on Demand, Content Delivery, Broadcast Satellite TV, Hospitality, Carrier Class GSM Service Provisioning and B2B – B2C products and services.

What a word salad. They missed using “synergy”… 😁 I wonder how big a shop this is if their entire development team only has a total of 200 man years of experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shellbeachjim said:

What a word salad. They missed using “synergy”… 😁 I wonder how big a shop this is if their entire development team only has a total of 200 man years of experience. 

I take it that they do not employ female developers. /s

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

Under the title "meet the team" it had 3 names....lol...2 co founders and one is the India director.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

When I tried to complete my pre-cruise "paperwork" in the #$%$# Medallion Application, I am required to "authorize Radiqal, LLC to store my payment method and agree to the terms and conditions of this authorization."   

Given we have to tick both boxes, it is likely that Carnival Corp has outsourced a good chunk of the credit card processing for medallion prepurchases as well as the on shore bit to Radiqual.  

There are so many back office 3rd party service providers now - more and more companies do less in house. Its hard to know what company you are dealing with anymore and where their staff and computer resources are located.  

11 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Some Of Our Clients

CARNIVALNEW.JPG
comcast_dec2012.jpg
portfolio img 3
portfolio img 4

portfolio img 3
portfolio img 4
portfolio img 1
portfolio img 2

portfolio img 2

"Strong technical and leadership skills"---and they are associated with the Princess Medallion. Does not sound trustworthy to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

You should consider editing your post title since your post could come across as accusatory to the username that you included.  Seems unlikely they would be involved and possibly libelous.

I directed this post to Thrak because, as I said in the first post, Thrak was "one of two people who used that name [Radiqal] in posts."  I did not say anything else about Thrak.  If you (Coffeelover) think that there is something defamatory about that, well, I don't have much to say about that.  If you read my post as suggesting that Thrak had anything to do with Radiqal, well, I don't want to get snarky here.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I have a Capital One credit card. It allows me to have "virtual" credit card numbers. I have a credit card number that only works for Princess Cruises. I have others for various businesses. Order a pizza at Papa Murphy's and it gets charged to a different virtual number. Amazon, Holiday Inn, and many others all have their own virtual numbers.

Given that I'm not inputting my "real" credit card, expiration date, or CVV I don't have a problem with having my "credit card number". I am not opting to use the Medallion payment at shore side businesses.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 9

Thanks for that info about different numbers with Cap1, Thrak. Hubby has Cap1 cards, including the X card. I'll encourage him to look into that.

Regarding charging ashore with the medallion, it makes me wonder if shoreside charges would be logged as Princess charges, making them eligible for points bonuses. I tend to purchase only from small, local vendors, but some folks might benefit from charges tagged as "travel" rather than "merchandise."

Yes, my brain works in mysterious ways.

14 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

Two really old guys?

And, you can't win if you don't play:

90405b209f0b012f2fe600163e41dd5b

This link has the copyright for the above image, etc.

https://dilbert.com/strip/1994-02-22

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have a Capital One credit card. It allows me to have "virtual" credit card numbers.

I had never heard of this benefit.  I'll have to look into it.

As to Radiqal, it looks legitimate, but a virtual card number would ease my mind.

I have used medallion for charging at a shoreside restaurant in Cabo San Lucas.  Easy,  tap Medallion on a Princess provided scanner, same as in use all over the ship.   Charge is billed to your credit card from the restaurant.   OBC shows up immediately on shipboard account.   Think it is non-refundable.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I directed this post to Thrak because, as I said in the first post, Thrak was "one of two people who used that name [Radiqal] in posts."  I did not say anything else about Thrak.  If you (Coffeelover) think that there is something defamatory about that, well, I don't have much to say about that.  If you read my post as suggesting that Thrak had anything to do with Radiqal, well, I don't want to get snarky here.

Did not realize you directing your post, as in asking a question of Thrak.  Nevermind me then!  No need for snark.  There is enough of that in this place.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, Mike45LC said:

I am a Cutie, I declined the Shore-Purchases but for shipboard, they still demand that I authorize Radiqal to store my info.  If this company didn't violate the "U" after "Q" rule, I might be less antagonistic towards it.

There are at quite a few words that have Q without a U.  I often use Qadi(s), Qaid(s), Cinq(s), Qat(s), Qanat(s), Qi(s), and a few others when playing Words With Friends 2.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, Mike45LC said:

Hi Everyone,

I was doing the same thing as you using the Medallion App and having the same problem.  I have cruised over 40 cruises on Princess and I cannot see why Princess has contracted out to an outside agency and allowing them to store my credit card information!!!  I read through their terms and I will NOT allow my credit card to be stored.  Princess has made it impossible to go without allowing them to do this.  I tried to call Princess and of course none of their departments have any knowledge of what this is about.  On hold for over an hour and still holding but I will soon give up.  Considering cancelling my cruise if this is how they are handling this.

46 minutes ago, PoCo cruiser said:

Hi Everyone,

I was doing the same thing as you using the Medallion App and having the same problem.  I have cruised over 40 cruises on Princess and I cannot see why Princess has contracted out to an outside agency and allowing them to store my credit card information!!!  I read through their terms and I will NOT allow my credit card to be stored.  Princess has made it impossible to go without allowing them to do this.  I tried to call Princess and of course none of their departments have any knowledge of what this is about.  On hold for over an hour and still holding but I will soon give up.  Considering cancelling my cruise if this is how they are handling this.

This is like agreeing with pages of new software legalese. Say "no", and you do not get to install.

OTOH, have you ever handed your CC to a waiter in any restaurant in the world?  That's probably more dangerous than the outsource Princess head used for CC.  And maybe more secure than if Princess stored it themselves.

Your bank will likely protect you from fraud.

(PS. I take it on faith my brokerage has the stock shares and my bank has the cash they say electronically I do. It's a different world)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow-- wife is pretty nervous about this one, much less putting it all through the app (including passports and birthdates.  I assume we'd be doing the same in the long line at the port for embarkation.  I had the app almost complete for both of us -- just needed pictures and radiqal authorization... ended up editing out what i could and removing passports -- any possible damage may have been done anyway!  I agree that bank card would cover fraud.

Edited by seldovia
  • Like 1