Any Ship with Solo Cruiser Price?

Yvonne

My husband and I were on the January 4th sailing of the Silhouette.  It was our first Celebrity cruise and we absolutely loved it.  I’ve been thinking of doing a solo cruise, but I’m not willing to pay double the price to go alone.  I know some cruise lines offer a few solo staterooms, does Celebrity do this?  

I sail solo all the time.  From what I've seen, the solo cabins on the E class ships are tiny, have no drawer space and very little closet space, and cost almost as much as a real cabin for a solo.  I was fortunate to find a video that showed one as I was booking my first E class cruises.  No thanks.  I'm not going to sail in a glorified closet to save a few hundred dollars.

• Like 8

Again, as mentioned above, if price is your determining factor, then look at all your options.  Since “solo cabins” are rare on most ships, they come with a premium price.  It is OFTEN that you can get a better deal on a standard cabin (inside,OV, or even balcony) with a “single supplement” for the same price or better as the solo cabins.

It’s simple supply and demand.  Don’t get too caught up with demanding “no supplements”.  Hope this helps.  Cruising solo is addicting! 😎

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Again, as mentioned above, if price is your determining factor, then look at all your options.  Since “solo cabins” are rare on most ships, they come with a premium price.  It is OFTEN that you can get a better deal on a standard cabin (inside,OV, or even balcony) with a “single supplement” for the same price or better as the solo cabins.

It’s simple supply and demand.  Don’t get too caught up with demanding “no supplements”.  Hope this helps.  Cruising solo is addicting! 😎

Yes it is very odd. You have to look at each sailing. I just booked an amazing deal in the Silhouette solo inside for February - about half what I'd have paid to be in a regular cabin alone. But, on later sailings such as the transatlantic, they are the same or very close. 

Please post after sailing in the Silhouette solo cabin.  Those four cabins were added when revolutionizing the vessel and are only 100 square feet.  I had one booked for a March sailing but decided it was literally a closet and cancelled.  I had asked for comments on these boards but there were none offered.  Conversely, I stayed in an Edge single infinite veranda in November and loved it!  200 square feet with the added IV space.  I booked the same cabin type on future Edge cruise and also an Apex cruise.  As for drawer space…I’m not bringing many clothes on a Caribbean cruise, swimsuits and shorts suffice. So it was more than adequate. The solo cabins on the E class book up quickly and if you are lucky enough to snag one you can save more than a few hundred bucks.

33 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

Please post after sailing in the Silhouette solo cabin.  Those four cabins were added when revolutionizing the vessel and are only 100 square feet.  I had one booked for a March sailing but decided it was literally a closet and cancelled.  I had asked for comments on these boards but there were none offered.  Conversely, I stayed in an Edge single infinite veranda in November and loved it!  200 square feet with the added IV space.  I booked the same cabin type on future Edge cruise and also an Apex cruise.  As for drawer space…I’m not bringing many clothes on a Caribbean cruise, swimsuits and shorts suffice. So it was more than adequate. The solo cabins on the E class book up quickly and if you are lucky enough to snag one you can save more than a few hundred bucks.

I will. I am sure it will be interesting. There is a video on Youtube that I found today, like you I thought it was very hard to find any information about the cabins. Oddly, it looks like the two outer ones (9403, 9404) are smaller than the two inner ones (9405, 9402) when you look at the deck plan. I'm not sure I can assume that's really the case as a lot of the Celebrity deckplans have wild variations with reality. I added this on as a precursor B2B to the Millennium cruise I already had booked because it was such a good deal. I will change ships at the port. On Millennium the way things worked out I am in a FV which will be quite the upgrade, I am glad it is not in the opposite order. I will bid some low offers for the first segment when the upgrade time comes in case they want to bite at it, but a part of me is also very curious to try out this cabin. A silver lining is that since the cabins are totally new during revolutionizing so are all the fixtures, etc. new vs the other cabins. Hoping my suitcases fit under the bed so I don't need to ask the stateroom attendant to find somewhere to put one of them. 

Thanks!  I have to admit, I did think long and hard before cancelling because the deal was so good.  In my 20 plus cruises I have always sailed in a balcony cabin.  So the size of that cabin coupled with the lack of light gave me worry.  While the Celebrity solo infinite veranda cabins are not large by any means nor true balconies, the space was plenty for me and the floor to ceiling window was enjoyed.  I hope your cruises are terrific!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, chefchick said:

How can you tell if a price is for the “single supplement?”  I am thinking about a single infinity balcony room on the Edge for next January.  Right now it’s about $2700 for a 10-night cruise.

On 2/1/2022 at 7:17 PM, sbcs5390 said:

Yes it is very odd. You have to look at each sailing. I just booked an amazing deal in the Silhouette solo inside for February - about half what I'd have paid to be in a regular cabin alone. But, on later sailings such as the transatlantic, they are the same or very close. 

We were on the Silhouette last month and loved it!  I didn’t know there were single staterooms on that ship.  I will check into that, as I would love to be on that one again!

9 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

We were on the Silhouette last month and loved it!  I didn’t know there were single staterooms on that ship.  I will check into that, as I would love to be on that one again!

The single inside staterooms on Silhouette are basically a box and if you are a big person do not attempt to get in the shower as they will have to remove the door to get you out. 

1 hour ago, Yvonne said:

There are just four. On a sf for sf basis, you have more room per person than with two in a regular cabin but yes they are only about 102 sf. I’ll post pictures in two weeks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yvonne said:

How can you tell if a price is for the “single supplement?”  I am thinking about a single infinity balcony room on the Edge for next January.  Right now it’s about $2700 for a 10-night cruise.

“Generally speaking” if you look at a sailing that is priced at (let’s say $1000) and you continue the booking process as one guest in the cabin and the final price is $2000 then that would be the “solo supplement”. They are not always priced as double, but often are.  The standard pricing model is for double occupancy in a cruise cabin unless it’s marketed as a “solo cabin”.  Hope that makes sense.  In the above case if the cabin is truly a single room then only one person max can book it and that price is technically not a solo supplement cabin but it still might be cheaper to book a standard cabin and “pay double”. You have to do the math unfortunately, the cruise lines don’t make it easy.

12 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

There are just four. On a sf for sf basis, you have more room per person than with two in a regular cabin but yes they are only about 102 sf. I’ll post pictures in two weeks!

The 102 square feet includes the bathroom. Very tiny but suppose its ok if you're just there to sleep and change like I was. The price was fantastic for me and included all 3 perks. I met a lady onboard who booked one and complained about size that she was moved to a balcony 

14 hours ago, Yvonne said:

You can compare prices with 1 vs 2 people or look for the single rate to show up in the price breakdown. 

AEF946D3-7116-4493-96DD-92CAA5A80261.jpeg

I believe I can link this here because it is not a TA site and you can't actually book cruises through it. It is just a database that you can search. They have a link to upcoming sailings with solo rates, plus when you do their general search, you can search by pricing for just one passenger:

https://www.cruiseplum.com/

• Like 3

Hello,

If you want a single cabin that's bigger than a shoe box then you need to cruise with Cunard in one of their Single Ocean View cabins available on all three Queens.

If you want to sail with Celebrity, and not in one of their shoebox single cabins then there are two times when there are *possibly* double cabins at a reduced single occupancy rate - they are when the cruise initially goes on sale and later when/if bookings are not at the volumes X expects/wants and so are reduced in price to get the numbers in. For example the UK Coastal cruises last autumn had no single supplements on some cruises across all cabin types and I still had double Captains' Club points.

Unfortunately my trash went yesterday as I had a brochure of single offers from a UK agency and there was a number of X single specials therein so I cannot give you any specifics but as a guide they normal come out way after I've booked other things and very close to sailing.

Regards,

Cublet