January 28, 2022 Panama Canal Full Transit - Live From Emerald Princess

Shelly97060

14 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Holy smokes.. that's a whole lot of testing.

And yes, losing 2 ports is a huge bummer.  Hopefully the cruise is stellar and you have fantastic weather to enjoy the ship.

They are going to test again mid trip amd

at the end from what I’m hearing 🤦🏼‍♀️ I agree and am thankful for the dedication to health but I don’t need anything up my nose again lol so far everything on board has been amazing! I’m impressed with how they are handling the buffet the service has been great! As long as we go through the canal I may be sad about missing ports but I won’t complain! I just think in a couple years I want to do the historic locks! 

• Like 6

It looks like they have fixed the App so you can order drinks for 2 people in the same cabin that have a drink package without logging in separately ( to avoid being charged for the second drink). I will let you know if they end up charging us for one of the drinks but for now the cart says zero.  Happy to continue the research for you all on this important topic 😂

1CA7611E-C3DA-4278-8668-BAED258E4B66.thumb.jpeg.33476c7ae14fd1bba0e3aaf4bb16b20d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

It looks like they have fixed the App so you can order drinks for 2 people in the same cabin that have a drink package without logging in separately ( to avoid being charged for the second drink). I will let you know if they end up charging us for one of the drinks but for now the cart says zero.  Happy to continue the research for you all on this important topic 😂

1CA7611E-C3DA-4278-8668-BAED258E4B66.thumb.jpeg.33476c7ae14fd1bba0e3aaf4bb16b20d.jpeg

Thanks for the research! This is a good update to the app- we had mixed results ordering drinks for two in Nov.

we are booked on the return cruise LA-FLL so we will be following this thread closely. Thanks to all who post!!

Edited by sandsunsurf
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Capt Krunch said:

If everyone is on the ship is vaccinated, why all the testing?

Being vaccinated doesn't mean you won't get Covid nor spread it.  Those who are vaccinated are much less likely to get a serious case and the chances of spreading Covid are much less.  Look up breakthrough Covid-19 for more information.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, 1char said:

How are the activities onboard?  Any dancing, nightclub, karaoke, trivia, bingo, etc?    I read in the FAQ pages that these activities have been cancelled for our Feb. 12th sailing.  Thanks

That's crazy if they canceled activities as well as 1/3 of the ports. Will be bored senseless.  I hope that is not true.  

32 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am thinking on doing this cruise.  Can I ask why you picked this cruise Vs a fall cruise?  Is the price better or weather?

We picked it for February because we live in Michigan where it has been below zero to low teens for days now.  Wish we were on the ship now! 🙂

7 minutes ago, LBBLovestoCruise said:

That's crazy if they canceled activities as well as 1/3 of the ports. Will be bored senseless.  I hope that is not true.  

On the Emerald now and there are game shows every day including  trivia,  live music at night in some of the lounges and also in the atrium. Bingo and other activities are throughout  the day.   Have different types of entertainers so far at night and production show - Sweet Soul Music is tonight and hopefully Rock Opera on another night. It is an awesome show.  Missing two ports  which we knew about San Juan before leaving for this cruise. There were enough postings on other threads about missing Cartagena  that we knew the odds were against going there this cruise.  These two ports were closed due to their government’s concern about the virus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

in reference to the covid testing on ships sailing out of Florida..... I,m in Ft Lauderdale and there is NO firm guidelines...people do whatever they want & a majority of people don't wear masks & the tourism people don't even promote mask wearing & the Fl Gov't is anti vaccine .  Its unbelieveable the #'s of people in stores , restaurants etc that dont wear masks.  Its like the wild wild stupid west!

So better safe than sorry - even if you travel to Florida better having a covid test prior to boarding & finding out than being onboard & quarantined... better for all concerned

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Day 2 at sea and another negative COVID test. Crew has been great and the seas have been very smooth. Lotus pool has been closed since the begining of the cruise and no firm answer to when it will open.  One of the elevators in the front is out of service (was also out of service in October) but with low passenger count not an issue except after events in the theater.

If you have a cabin on Rivera deck on the right side towards the front, there is a motor noise that is continuous when moving.  This noise was also present in October and was told it was a defective motor.  Guess it isn't defective enough to be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Shelly97060 said:

For those interested in planning for Formal nights ours are the 2 sea day ( day three of cruise), the 3rd sea day (7th day of cruise) and the second to last sea day ( 2 days before disembarkation).

Thanks again Shelly.

We live in a small community in southern Ontario called Bobcaygeon where there is very little reason to dress up. In fact my wife Kathy, calls my quilted plaid jacket, my Bobcaygeon Dinner Jacket. (You get the picture)

So when we go on cruises we eat late, and we dress up. And, I exchange my Bobcaygeon Dinner Jacket for a white one.

Kathy & Ron L

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Marsupial said:

They are going to test again mid trip amd

at the end from what I’m hearing 🤦🏼‍♀️ I agree and am thankful for the dedication to health but I don’t need anything up my nose again lol so far everything on board has been amazing! I’m impressed with how they are handling the buffet the service has been great! As long as we go through the canal I may be sad about missing ports but I won’t complain! I just think in a couple years I want to do the historic locks! 

1 test before flying, 1 test at dock, 1 test 2 days in, 1 test mid cruise, and 1 test at disembarkation?  5 tests seem overkill.  Making me rethink my May cruise on the Emerald.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

1 test before flying, 1 test at dock, 1 test 2 days in, 1 test mid cruise, and 1 test at disembarkation?  5 tests seem overkill.  Making me rethink my May cruise on the Emerald.

@Mikel1733 We are also on the Emerald in May. I think you are not on ours as I have not seen your name on our Roll Call.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

@gullgeorge  Did you notice if the Sanctuary was open?  On the previous cruise, someone mentioned that it was closed.

Sanctuary is open now and will be open for the LA to Fort Lauderdale cruise.  The reason it was closed on the last cruise (10 day partial Canal) was the bad weather.  The attendant there said it rained all the time.  So guess weather plays a part in rather it is open or not.   I think there was at least one person in the Sanctuary that I could see.  Could have been more but a lot of open lounges today.

I asked about the Lotus Pool being closed.  Same attendant said it should be open later today or tomorrow.  Something about chemicals being in the water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

The testing has gone bonkers!  What good is it to be vaccinated?  Are we going to test everyone for the Noro after the Covid is over?  The CDC doesn't have a clue on how to handle this Covid or we wouldn't have to be going thru all thee hoops.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Capt Krunch said:

The testing has gone bonkers!  What good is it to be vaccinated?  Are we going to test everyone for the Noro after the Covid is over?  The CDC doesn't have a clue on how to handle this Covid or we wouldn't have to be going thru all thee hoops.  

The CDC no longer tells the cruise lines how to operate. The CSO has expired.  This is being driven by Princess and the port destinations.  

And don't give them any ideas for Noro testing or it probably WILL be next.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

The CDC no longer tells the cruise lines how to operate. The CSO has expired.  This is being driven by Princess and the port destinations.  

And don't give them any ideas for Noro testing or it probably WILL be next.

The CDC is still calling the shots, take a look at their web site: Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC