Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

Bar seating at the Pub

They say they'll have Newcastle tomorrow. 

But tonight we drink Modelo 🇲🇽

20220130_230737.thumb.jpg.42219ef4365e814501e6157ed2c50f20.jpg

The food shuts down at 10pm. Luckily Sorrento's is next door 🇮🇹

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

Enjoying your review! Would those be included in the photo packages if purchased in cruise planner? Haven't ever pre-purchased a photo package before, but am considering it. TIA.

These pics are not included in any pkg, and not eligible for fee C&A pics

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I did it on the Quantum Inaugural seven years ago.  Let’s just say I wasn’t the worst one!  I also did the trapeze with my granddaughter. I refuse to do the Flowrider though😳

It’s been awhile since I’ve heard the trapeze mentioned.  I believe it was when I was on Anthem when I saw the trapeze.  Do any of the ships still have them or use them?

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bar seating at the Pub

They say they'll have Newcastle tomorrow. 

But tonight we drink Modelo 🇲🇽

20220130_230737.thumb.jpg.42219ef4365e814501e6157ed2c50f20.jpg

The food shuts down at 10pm. Luckily Sorrento's is next door 🇮🇹

Say hi to Komang, Lizeth and/or Deepak.   Don’t make eye contact with Lizeth unless you want another 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

These pics are not included in any pkg, and not eligible for fee C&A pics

On Anthem in Oct we were able to get 2 of our ifly pics with our C&A coupons, had to have one to prove I'd actually done it😀.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

Even though we don't cruise until November, I am so looking forward to the bumper cars.  It has been years since I have been on one.  IFly now that scares me.  John have your done the Northstar yet?   Is it a solid floor or glass?  I do have a fear of heights but really really want to do it.

This is on Anthem, floor is solid. I'm scared of heights and was absolutely terrified but determined to do it. Because of social distancing there was only us and one other family so the pod was empty. I couldn't have stood in the middle of the floor as there was nothing to hold on to. I stood at the side and held the rail with my eyes closed as we went up. At one point my knees felt like they would give way and I had to hold on to DH who was laughing at me. Eventually I did relax a bit and look at the view! Glad I did it though but enjoyed ifly much more.

IMG_20211005_131422.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I think you may have seen the same video I watched today (not sure though).  If you look at the windows in the back of the restaurant, you can tell that the video was shot on an Oasis class ship.  Wonderland on the Odyssey is quite small and does not have the windows like on the Oasis ships.  Now, that is assuming we both watched the same video today that started with the Mad Hatter

Sigh.  We saw the same video.   Now I’m sad.

9 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’ve googled around for my own answer, and couldn’t find it…. Are sneakers really required for seaplex activities, or could my husband wear loafers?  Could he wear his “closed toe” sandals? (I think they are Keens or Tevas).  Thx!

I wore loafers to the bumper cars. 

You need lace up shoes for IFly, or they give you rock climbing shoes. Wear socks😉

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Coffee machine in DL of Allure was self serve also.

And wow!!   Even though listed as available in SL at 7 am on Harmony...you were lucky if it was ready by 7:45!  😠

But this cruise on Odyssey....nice!   Totally set up right at 7 am with continental breakfast (sever assist) and self serve coffee from new high end machine.  Delicious Lattes!!  😋

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

At The Book. 

My advice, arrive early😉

I made our reservations for day 5, Aruba and could only get the 9 pm time.  Indeed will arrive early.  Hoping won't be as busy since many may stay late in Aruba, and there is a show at 7 am as well.  

Will still arrive early...nice bar there!  😉 

• Like 1