Power outlets in public spaces?

DV8

17 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Likely something that is not a consideration for most, but are there any outlets available in outdoor/lounge/restaurant spaces on any ships?
Sky/Regal/Caribbean if relevant.

Thanks!

I know there are power outlets in the buffet along the windows…maybe a pair of sockets for every 4-6 tables.

• Like 1

This got me thinking.🤔 I seem to recall plugging a laptop into an outlet in the Vista lounge. Don't remember the ship, but they should be similar. I think it was on one of the columns but not sure. They must have outlets somewhere in all venues for the carpet cleaners.

• Like 1

You shouldn't have a problem finding an occasional wall plug, we certainly never do. We like to use our tablets in quiet bar areas during off hours, and I've always used the wall plugs in Crooners on the various ships. On the Sky a few weeks ago, we used the wall plugs in Take 5.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Certainly not..a socket is what you might call an outlet..I mentioned not using sockets others might have used to avoid touching what others have touched.

And how many people have touched that can of corn at the grocery store?  Oh boy, then there's MONEY, grubby, dirty money.  And don't forget about those shoes you put on and take off every single day. 

Most of us have gotten over the "don't touch", especially those of us who have had to keep working.  You wash your hands, you keep your hands from your face and you keep as safe as possible.  Over that and it's, well... it's just what it is.  

• Like 1

I would very much recommend that you check with the service desk before plugging in any electrical device into a socket outside of your cabin. Otherwise you might get a nasty response from the Chief Engineer.

I can't see how they would allow it other than for medical purposes. If it is for a medical purpose, ring Princess and let them know before setting foot on the ship. If they allow it, then they can tell you which sockets may be used and where to find them.

17 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Certainly not..a socket is what you might call an outlet..I mentioned not using sockets others might have used to avoid touching what others have touched.

I don't know how it's possible for you to even leave your house if your so paranoid of touching anything. Do you wear gloves & a mask at all times even when grocery shopping?

Maybe you have groceries delivered & disinfect them before touching them. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I don't know how it's possible for you to even leave your house if your so paranoid of touching anything. Do you wear gloves & a mask at all times even when grocery shopping?

Yes, I did at the beginning of the pandemic..not so much now though.

Our next cruise will be our first post Covid (25th in total) so although I am looking forward to it, I am concerned as many have described cruise ships as floating Petrie dishes, so I will not be taking chances. 

18 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I would very much recommend that you check with the service desk before plugging in any electrical device into a socket outside of your cabin. Otherwise you might get a nasty response from the Chief Engineer.

I can't see how they would allow it other than for medical purposes. If it is for a medical purpose, ring Princess and let them know before setting foot on the ship. If they allow it, then they can tell you which sockets may be used and where to find them.

Why in the world would this not be allowed?  What is different between the outlet in your cabin and an outlet in a public space?  There will be 220v outlets all around the public spaces, where the crew plug in the vacuum cleaners, etc.  Unless you are plugging a surge protector into that outlet, there is no reason on earth that it would get a "nasty response from the Chief Engineer".  So says a Chief Engineer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

I don't think it's very likely that I would touch anything another cruiser would have touched.

I actually don't think I would touch any part of the outlet, when using it.

Much. much higher odds from opening a door, holding a handrail, or pressing an elevator.

2021 White France style high quality electrical outlet 220V wall socket  power socket switch tempered glass flame retardant panel|Electrical Sockets|  - AliExpress

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Why in the world would this not be allowed?  What is different between the outlet in your cabin and an outlet in a public space?  There will be 220v outlets all around the public spaces, where the crew plug in the vacuum cleaners, etc.  Unless you are plugging a surge protector into that outlet, there is no reason on earth that it would get a "nasty response from the Chief Engineer".  So says a Chief Engineer.

Agree 100%.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:44 AM, MissP22 said:

Hi Hon: There was a time (I even remember ) when I DID wear medical gloves, goggles, an N95 mask and a face shield. Then we got vaccines! So with my three Pfizer’s it’s a different world.

We’re gonna laugh about this someday: I promise! 🤓🤣😀😂😆😁

Susan