On Riviera Now Jan 28; 2022 to Feb 7

catgirl411

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Has Oceania relaxed their  requirements??

I think they should tell us something, don’t you?  I had seen that rules were relaxed in San Juan but I wasn’t sure if it applied to cruise ships.

it is now too late to test everyone now so that probably means we are going.

3 minutes ago, catgirl411 said:

I think they should tell us something, don’t you?  I had seen that rules were relaxed in San Juan but I wasn’t sure if it applied to cruise ships.

I believe Oceania was testing PAX at the dock when they departed Miami  maybe the same will happen for PR

Do you need a negative test  to fly out of Canada ??

To those on the Ship.....Just curious:

Sync Session is 4 members.

Last cruise they were all absent for most of the cruise and then later in the cruise 2 came out and played soft music for tea time, filling in for the string Quartet that were out. Are all 4 members of Sync Session back and playing nightly in Horizons?

String Quartet played first day on the staircase and then all of them were absent.   Are all 4 members back?

Are all 12 members (singers&dancers) of the Riviera Production Show back out and performing?  They were out 10 days last cruise and enough came back to do a couple of shows late in the cruise....just seeing if they are all back and you are getting the FULL entertainment.

Have fun I am dieting after 24 days of feeding my face!!!  LMAO

Riviera Omnicron Alumni Jan 04-28

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 2

Wishing everyone on Rivera’s 7th Feb cruise Happy Cruising. Unfortunately have had to cancel, not Covid related. Managed to transfer to Dec 4th cruise on Marina. So have another 11 months now to get into swimsuit and enjoy browsing excursions.

Enjoy your cruise.

51 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I believe Oceania was testing PAX at the dock when they departed Miami  maybe the same will happen for PR

Do you need a negative test  to fly out of Canada ??

Yes, you need a negative test to board Air Canada or WestJet…not sure about the US airlines. We were tested the night before our flight at a drive thru in the long term parking at Pearson. Had the results in an hour or so. Air Canada provides a special rate for their passengers.

1 hour ago, catgirl411 said:

So PR is a port stop & if they have not given notice of  a test before docking  I am guessing  you are allowed off  without a problem

If you need to be tested  for PR & were a no show  they will be calling your name  over the tannoy system 😉

4 hours ago, Nymich said:

San Juan has relaxed their cruise guest requirements announced 2 days ago.

Thank you,  Nymich.

Just read in Currents, effective Feb. 2, PR no longer requires a Covid test in order to proceed ashore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nymich said:

To those on the Ship.....Just curious:

Sync Session is 4 members.

Last cruise they were all absent for most of the cruise and then later in the cruise 2 came out and played soft music for tea time, filling in for the string Quartet that were out. Are all 4 members of Sync Session back and playing nightly in Horizons?

String Quartet played first day on the staircase and then all of them were absent.   Are all 4 members back?

Are all 12 members (singers&dancers) of the Riviera Production Show back out and performing?  They were out 10 days last cruise and enough came back to do a couple of shows late in the cruise....just seeing if they are all back and you are getting the FULL entertainment.

Have fun I am dieting after 24 days of feeding my face!!!  LMAO

Riviera Omnicron Alumni Jan 04-28

Sync Session has been playing every night in Horizons since cruise started. Only 1 night I saw only 2, but the last several nights have seen all 4 members. 

All 4 members of string quartet are back playing. 
We have been getting the FULL entertainment with all cast members and orchestra. Except the night when we had comedian. 

I feel we have been getting the full whole experience, have not had any closures of any venues. Except the culinary classes are only demo. 

We only have had 1 change of port, otherwise no other changes. St Kitts for Martinique. 

We are having a blast and sooo happy we never cancelled. 

Happy dieting to you  😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2022 at 7:58 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Wow – the Veuve Cliquot [$115 "plus 20%"] is what you get free in a PH.  It's one of my favorites, but I didn't realize O had been so generous as to give the best in the cellar!

Have a PH booked wayyyyyyy down the road. Thought the free bottle of champagne they gave you was an inexpensive bottle. Veuve Cliquot is also one of my favorites and would be great to be greeted by an excellent bottle upon entering. Would be over the top beyond great. But, have heard others say their welcome wine was not of that quality. They may have been in a basic veranda cabin though.

10 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Have a PH booked wayyyyyyy down the road. Thought the free bottle of champagne they gave you was an inexpensive bottle. Veuve Cliquot is also one of my favorites and would be great to be greeted by an excellent bottle upon entering. Would be over the top beyond great. But, have heard others say their welcome wine was not of that quality. They may have been in a basic veranda cabin though.

Stay with the PH – it's a really well designed cabin and deck 10 is well located and quiet.  Not so sure about the PHs on deck 11 though...

19 hours ago, jubileebabe said:

Wishing everyone on Rivera’s 7th Feb cruise Happy Cruising. Unfortunately have had to cancel, not Covid related. Managed to transfer to Dec 4th cruise on Marina. So have another 11 months now to get into swimsuit and enjoy browsing excursions.

Enjoy your cruise.

We booked the 12/4 Marina cruise as well after cancelling the 2/7 sailing. On a positive note, we were planning to drive to Miami from Michigan and missed a huge snowstorm we would have had to drive through.. Best of luck on your cruise prep!

Scheduled March8-18 on Rivera. Can you please tell me what the mask rules are for the pool area. We love to relax and sunbathe around the pool . Also which islands required COVID testing before getting off the ship. I read PR didn’t require.  How about the others you visited.  Thankyou so much for the onboard insight. It’s is extremely helpful. Glad your enjoying yourselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geraldandsue said:

Scheduled March8-18 on Rivera. Can you please tell me what the mask rules are for the pool area. We love to relax and sunbathe around the pool . Also which islands required COVID testing before getting off the ship. I read PR didn’t require.  How about the others you visited.  Thankyou so much for the onboard insight. It’s is extremely helpful. Glad your enjoying yourselves. 

Masks are required outside  only if not able to social distance. Have not seen people wearing mask by poolside. It has not been a problem, with so much open space and few people onboard. 

We did not need to test for Covid before going ashore to any of our destinations. 
But of course things can always change in the future. 

19 hours ago, mexicobob said:

In the past that has been my experience in the PH on the Champagne also. Only a fair bottle. We did get Veuve Cliquot on our 20th. Perhaps they are going all out at this time, or knew he was a CC Host and were trying to leave a good impression. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Stay with the PH – it's a really well designed cabin and deck 10 is well located and quiet.  Not so sure about the PHs on deck 11 though...

Have confirmed cabin #10022 which will be fine. Waitlisted for one of the aft-wraps on deck 7 which you recommended but doubt if that will happen. Look forward to the cruise.

• Like 1

Question for those onboard or that have recently sailed. Our 21 day boarding time selection is coming up, when are the cabins typically ready? With reduced capacity, not sure if it was sooner than our previous cruise. We are in a veranda if that helps with the timing. We would like to get on as soon as possible because of our early check out time at the hotel, but want to be able to drop off our carry-on in the cabin right after boarding.

7 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Question for those onboard or that have recently sailed. Our 21 day boarding time selection is coming up, when are the cabins typically ready? With reduced capacity, not sure if it was sooner than our previous cruise. We are in a veranda if that helps with the timing. We would like to get on as soon as possible because of our early check out time at the hotel, but want to be able to drop off our carry-on in the cabin right after boarding.

We were on the January 14 to January 28 cruise and we’re able to get into our concierge level veranda cabin at about 1 PM. It seemed that all were ready by 2 PM.

Of course, there were numerous places around the ship to eat or to just sit and relax from the first moment we got on board which was around 11:30 AM.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

I believe there are assigned boarding times now. 

12 minutes ago, RonNYNJCT said:

We were on the January 14 to January 28 cruise and we’re able to get into our concierge level veranda cabin at about 1 PM. It seemed that all were ready by 2 PM.

Of course, there were numerous places around the ship to eat or to just sit and relax from the first moment we got on board which was around 11:30 AM.

Our experience on Riviera (12/13-23/21) was identical to yours. We went into the testing tent a bit before 1100. Then on board about 1132. Had a nice luncheon for all on the Terrace Cafe and we walked about. Our A4 Concierge Veranda Room ready about 1300. (The only "issue" was one of my bags arrived hours after all the rest.)

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I believe there are assigned boarding times now. 

We had a 30-minute arrival window on the 12/13-23/21 Riviera cruise. Ours was at 1130. So I made sure we were there a bit before 1100. BUT it did NOT appear they were really checking up on that too much. No one asked to see ours. We had to go to the big tent for pre-boarding COVID testing first and wait to be cleared there. Ours went quite smoothly.