Would like suggestions about where to stay in Miami pre- and/or post-cruise

Suite Heart

Hi, fellow cruise peeps -

I recently got a fantastic deal on a 7-day W. Caribbean Cruise on The Joy, in THE HAVEN (!) , sailing alone, for under $4200. (Yes, with the not-quite "free at sea" goodies.) BUT...

since I booked within the 60-day limit, I couldn't get air or hotel through the cruiseline.

So, I looking for suggestions for a hotel, preferably pre- and post-cruise, that's close to the port with a shuttle from the airport. I figure if the hotel is close enough to the port, I could take a taxi the Norwegian terminal.

Wow! It's been over two years since my last cruise. Let's do this!!!

Thanks!

• Like 1

We like to stay at the Intercontinental Hotel for a couple of nights pre-cruise, as it's so near the port that we can watch the cruise ships coming into and leaving the port from our room window. It's a very nice hotel and has some great amenities plus a few restaurants and is just a short 3- or 4-minute stroll to Bayside Marketplace which has tons of shopping and dining options. I attached a couple of video clips we took; one is of the lightshow that's literally on the outside of the hotel each night, the other is the port/cruise ship view from our room window.

Edited by Carolina.girl
  • Like 2

stay at Marriot chain.  There is a a complex of three different type of Marriot hotels so you can pick the one you want but still enjoy the pool and bars from  of them of all.  Take a taxi from there is from there it is fairly cheap.  You cant go wrong.

33 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

stay at Marriot chain.  There is a a complex of three different type of Marriot hotels so you can pick the one you want but still enjoy the pool and bars from  of them of all.  Take a taxi from there is from there it is fairly cheap.  You cant go wrong.

Airport location correct, because we’ve stayed there before?

2 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

I recently got a fantastic deal on a 7-day W. Caribbean Cruise on The Joy, in THE HAVEN (!) , sailing alone, for under $4200. (Yes, with the not-quite "free at sea" goodies.) BUT...

since I booked within the 60-day limit, I couldn't get air or hotel through the cruiseline.

So, I looking for suggestions for a hotel, preferably pre- and post-cruise, that's close to the port with a shuttle from the airport. I figure if the hotel is close enough to the port, I could take a taxi the Norwegian terminal.

Thanks!

It really depends how much you want to spend. 

We always stay at the Miami Downtown Hilton. We Uber to the port from the hotel (just a 5 minute ride). It's just a hotel close to the port. Nothing special. In the past, we use to say at the Conrad until it got sold. 

22 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

Thanks!

None of the downtown hotels offer a shuttle from the airport, but taxis/Uber/LYFT, and public transit options are easy. We like the Doubletree Biscayne, with some rooms offering a view of the port!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 11:36 AM, shellyc said:

Leaving this Thursday. Staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay, 3 years ago we 

stayed at the Doubletree. Either is pricy but convenient. Cruising on the Disney

Magic on Saturday. 

Can you please add a post and let us know how the Marriott Biscayne Bay is looking, etc. I have it booked for may and with the bad reviews I'm seriously thinking of booking something else. I got a great deal for 254.00 a night with a view.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 7:30 AM, JohninDC said:

None of the downtown hotels offer a shuttle from the airport, but taxis/Uber/LYFT, and public transit options are easy. We like the Doubletree Biscayne, with some rooms offering a view of the 

Edited by sunshinesusie

My cruise leaves Miami 12/27/22.  This means that we must fly in late on Xmas. E cause the miles that they want on 12/26 are outrageous.  I made 2 reservations that I can cancel.  They are at Hotel Rui Plaza and the E B Hotel.  My impression is that The E B is much nicer, but closer to the port and airport.  They also offer a cruise pkg, which includes trans portion and breakfast.  They are not on the beach and will cost $108.  more than the Rui.  I’m unsure if it is a safe area there.  The Rui appears to be in a better area for restaurants and shopping, but it looks like it may be close to $100 for transportation from the airport and to the cruise port and offers no breakfast.  Now that I have put this all down, I guess I’m wondering if my summary of the pros and cons are accurate or if anyone has a better idea.  There are 5 adults and a 13 year old for 1 night.  Early check would really help us out.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:57 PM, hollon said:

Can you please add a post and let us know how the Marriott Biscayne Bay is looking, etc. I have it booked for may and with the bad reviews I'm seriously thinking of booking something else. I got a great deal for 254.00 a night with a view.

I read the same thing!