C&A Points

If booking a double-occupancy room for one person, you get one point for being in the room and an extra point for being in a double-occupancy room (even if no single supplement gets charged). [2 points per night]

If booking a single-occupancy room for one person, you get one point for being in the room. [1 point per night]

If either of these scenarios were booked before September 30, 2021, for a sailing before December 31, 2022, the points earned would be doubled.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

If booking a double-occupancy room for one person, you get one point for being in the room and an extra point for being in a double-occupancy room (even if no single supplement gets charged). [2 points per night]

If booking a single-occupancy room for one person, you get one point for being in the room. [1 point per night]

If either of these scenarios were booked before September 30, 2021, for a sailing before December 31, 2022, the points earned would be doubled.  

How can someone book a double occupancy room solo without a single supplement (ie 150% or 200%) getting charged???

1 minute ago, jel871 said:

How can someone book a double occupancy room solo without a single supplement (ie 150% or 200%) getting charged???

You either have 340+ C&A points (still 150%) or are lucky to find one which RCI offers like that (solo % can vary).

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You either have 340+ C&A points or are lucky to find one which RCI offers like that.

Thanks. Yes, I have 340+ points and get 150% but  I have never seen RCI offer solo without supplement. Perhaps during the pandemic when I wasn't paying attention.

Just now, jel871 said:

Perhaps during the pandemic when I wasn't paying attention.

Even before pandemic, Oasis had some sailings with 100% supplement (mostly neighborhood) - there were just more of them during the early days of the pandemic - they seem to be getting rare again.

• Like 1

To answer the original question, I received 1 point for a solo cabin, and 2 points when I'm in a "normal" cabin.  I've never had anything other than paying an extra person's fare for a double cabin.  

I liked the solo cabin, but for the price, would rather have that double occupancy.  It's usually not much more expensive!

1 hour ago, jel871 said:

Thanks. Yes, I have 340+ points and get 150% but  I have never seen RCI offer solo without supplement. Perhaps during the pandemic when I wasn't paying attention.

Mid-August 2021 to a couple days into Sept 2021 they had no single supplement on several ships.  I booked Oasis Oct 2021, Anthem Dec 2021, and Anthem NYE 2021.  🙂  

13 hours ago, jel871 said:

Sometimes it's glitch in the IT programming, sometimes it's a sailing without a lot of bookings.  I've never seen it as an advertised sale of "no single supplement" on Royal -- it's just something you happily run across when checking prices.  More likely to happen during off-season months (kids in school, hurricane season, no holidays, not spring break time, etc.). 

• Like 1

I received only single points for my solo (double room) just recently.  Has the rule changed at all?  My solo fare was not 200%, 150% etc...I got a great deal!  Would that make any difference?

I'm going to call C&A but want to be prepared before I do.

1 hour ago, tropiclvrs said:

I received only single points for my solo (double room) just recently.  Has the rule changed at all?  My solo fare was not 200%, 150% etc...I got a great deal!  Would that make any difference?

I'm going to call C&A but want to be prepared before I do.

Yes, it doesn't matter how much you paid, just that you sailed solo in a double-occupancy room.  

20 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

If you originally booked a cruise and were eligible for the double points, will they still honour if you price check and get a better rate. The booking date is the date of the new price, so wondering if that is considered a new booking?

As long as the booking number didn't change, you should be good to go for the double points promotion, assuming the initial booking was prior to 9/30/2021.

Two things here.

You should have received 1 point per night plus 1 point per night for being solo in a non-studio cabin.  This is for any cruise, booked any time.

If you booked before the end of Sept, you should then see those points doubled.

So (1+1)x2 = 4 points per night, times the number of nights for your cruise.

Another points/math question:

We booked before the Sept. cut-off timeframe for double points.  

We're in a Cat. GS for 9 nights in total in a suite which gives us double C&A points = 18 pts.

Do we get 18 pts. total (double the usual 1 pt. per night) or 27 pts.? (double the usual 1 pt. per night for the suite + double the 9 base-points for booking during the double-points promotion)?

Help?  Thanks in advance.  Can't get through to the C&A Desk.

8 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Another points/math question:

We booked before the Sept. cut-off timeframe for double points.  

We're in a Cat. GS for 9 nights in total in a suite which gives us double C&A points = 18 pts.

Do we get 18 pts. total (double the usual 1 pt. per night) or 27 pts.? (double the usual 1 pt. per night for the suite + double the 9 base-points for booking during the double-points promotion)?

Help?  Thanks in advance.  Can't get through to the C&A Desk.

Each person in a regular room gets one point.
Each person in a suite gets an additional point.
So your "normal" number would be two points per night, times 9 nights would normally be 18 points.

Since you booked during the promotion, you get double your "normal" points.  Double of 18 is 36 points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Each person in a regular room gets one point.
Each person in a suite gets an additional point.
So your "normal" number would be two points per night, times 9 nights would normally be 18 points.

Since you booked during the promotion, you get double your "normal" points.  Double of 18 is 36 points.

WOW.  That's what I was hoping.  Awesome, thank you so much.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, jel871 said:

There was an unannounced sale in August and first week of September where double occupancy cabins were being priced as solo.  I took advantage and saved some $500 on my January 22 Allure sail.

This was brought up by a considerate and informative CC member, whose handle escapes me.

Also, just reached the 340 point mark, how do I reflect in any mock bookings.  Did mock booking before and after points posted and bottom line cost remains the same.  Is there some magic that I need to perform.😀