Finding Eden - Celebrity Edge Jan. 30, 2022 Trip Recap

twangster

Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share.  E class ships (and especially the retreat) are amazing. I recently spent a week on Apex and 2 weeks on Edge. I know we are both Pinnacles on RC, but I will never go back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hutcha said:

Great review! Thanks.

How do you get the 360 and time lapse where it looks like the camera is off the "edge" of the ship, or suspended over the pool deck?

The camera was on a stick.  360 cameras automatically remove the monopod or stick they are mounted to leaving the feeling that they are suspended in the air almost like a drone.  In places where drones are not allowed or not practical they can provide some added creativity.  I also use software to remove unwanted people (like myself) or people sitting in a hot tub for example.  If you look really close you can some artifacts from where the software fills in and covers up objects or people.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, twangster said:

The camera was on a stick.  360 cameras automatically remove the monopod or stick they are mounted to leaving the feeling that they are suspended in the air almost like a drone.  In places where drones are not allowed or not practical they can provide some added creativity.  I also use software to remove unwanted people (like myself) or people sitting in a hot tub for example.  If you look really close you can some artifacts from where the software fills in and covers up objects or people.

Thanks, Ill have to pull my Samsung 360 out of a box somewhere and play with it.

Just now, drakes2 said:

20220130_114653.jpg

This was my deluxe inside on the edge. King bed all to myself slept well as room completely dark at night. Nice sofa tons of space never missed the balcony and saved a ton of cash that way.  Never tried the IV cabins and no desire to do so.  I spent a lot of time either on magic carpet or outside Eden with their gorgeous aft view. 

• Like 2

Cruise Summary

Now that I've had a few days to think over this experience I can best sum it up in one word...  Amazing.

To cancel or not in these crazy times is a personal decision that everyone should make based on their own circumstances.  Like some of you I too considered this leading up to this cruise.  I am so glad I didn't cancel.  

We made all of our scheduled port stops and no shows or events were cancelled on board.  At no point did the pandemic cast a dark cloud over the cruise and it was never something that came up in conversation.

At some point soon ships will begin to fill up again and I don't know if I'll have another opportunity to sail such an amazing ship with so few guests.  I never felt unsafe.  In fact I felt safer on board Edge compared to how I feel running errands around my hometown.  

The crew were all exceptional.  The more I cruise the more I realize it's the crew that makes cruises so fantastic.  Without great crew you just have an empty vessel.  

Edge is an amazing ship that is a great evolution for Celebrity yet you can see the subtle details to remind you it's a Celebrity ship.   

The theater shows were strong and innovative making great use of the style of stage installed on Edge.  The use of the video wall added depth and color.   There were many other live music performers at various venues around the ship.

Eden is a pretty cool space.  It reminds me a lot of the Two70 area on Royal's Quantum class but has much different decor and functionality.  The Eden restaurant was better than I anticipated and the Eden cafe became a go to breakfast alternative.  It's a great place to hang out on a sea day too with those amazing aft views.

I really enjoyed Le Petit Chef.  Such a unique experience and I thought the food was very good.

I didn't set out to capture the pictures and video that I did but with so few guests on board it was an incredible opportunity to learn E-class and take lots of pictures without crowds on board.

I enjoyed this cruise immensely.  I hope you enjoyed following along and I thank you for viewing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Great review and photos. Like you we are normally Royal Caribbean cruisers. We had our first Celebrity cruise last Summer and looking forward to Beyond in June. Your review was an excellent E-class first timers viewpoint .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 7:47 PM, twangster said:

To the Martini Bar! 

Gangster Martini.

eg-1-30-22-62.jpg

Another martini.  This could get dangerous.

eg-1-30-22-64.jpg

Loved this report!!❤️

Thoroughly enjoyed it when first posted and enjoyed reading again as I’ll be boarding Edge for the first time next Sunday…..all the more excited for my first time on an Edge class ship.

You hit on basically all of my questions, including photos of menus/food items…even upgraded myself to a sunset veranda due to your gorgeous  shots. 😊👍🏻

One question…what is the name of the martini in the second photo? 🍸

…looks yummy and wondering what is sprinkled on top!!

Thanks!

Edited by red919

1 hour ago, red919 said:

Loved this report!!❤️

Thoroughly enjoyed it when first posted and enjoyed reading again as I’ll be boarding Edge for the first time next Sunday…..all the more excited for my first time on an Edge class ship.

You hit on basically all of my questions, including photos of menus/food items…even upgraded myself to a sunset veranda due to your gorgeous  shots. 😊👍🏻

One question…what is the name of the martini in the second photo? 🍸

…looks yummy and wondering what is sprinkled on top!!

Thanks!

It "might" be a Snowflake Martini.  I can't remember!

Full menus here:

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

On 2/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, twangster said:

After exploring the ship the announcement came that cabins were ready.

Here is what cabin 6186 looks like:

eg-1-30-22-3.jpg

eg-1-30-22-4.jpg

eg-1-30-22-5.jpg

eg-1-30-22-6.jpg

eg-1-30-22-7.jpg

eg-1-30-22-8.jpg

eg-1-30-22-9.jpg

What class of inside is this? We did an inside on Edge back in 2020, our r cabin was prolly the same sq footage, but much less spacious because of shape. The bathrooms are great, I think they are same size as other cabins.