Can you tip staff using the princess medallion app

Cruisekid25

There is no way to tip!  We were shocked and embarrassed our fist night at Sabatinis.  There is no way to tip anyone without having cash.  We were told because of covid they’ve done away with signing a receipt at the end of your meal.  They said we couldn’t even go to guest services and leave one from our account. Thankfully we had cash with us and went back the next day and gave her a tip.  While they all remained up beat when having a conversation about it I could tell they were very disappointed about it but continued to have a good attitude about it and were just happy being able to be back to work.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ksp819 said:

We were told because of covid they’ve done away with signing a receipt at the end of your meal.

Now isn't that one of the dumbest Covid excuses yet.  So, it is supposedly unhealthy to handle a piece of paper and pen, but perfectly okay to handle one's "dirty" cash?  What if we told them that "due to Covid", I can't give you cash?

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Now isn't that one of the dumbest Covid excuses yet.  So, it is supposedly unhealthy to handle a piece of paper and pen, but perfectly okay to handle one's "dirty" cash?  What if we told them that "due to Covid", I can't give you cash?

Or if at the Purser's desk you said "Due to Covid, I cannot give you my credit card."

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Booking Princess Plus takes away all the problem of tipping and as regards with specialty restaurants Princess clearly state on their website that the dining charge you pay included a tip for staff so no need to tip extra.

Can you provide a link to where it says this?

19 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Booking Princess Plus takes away all the problem of tipping and as regards with specialty restaurants Princess clearly state on their website that the dining charge you pay included a tip for staff so no need to tip extra.

Can you please show me where on the website that states that the dining charge includes the tip?

Yes I have a lot of gift cards to use ($$$$), and would love to share them with the crew for additional tips.  Too bad that you can't add tips to your onboard account in additional to pre-paid ones, and then dd gift cards to your onboard account.  Guess we will just take some cash like we usually did prior to covid.  

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL! Thank you @Steelers36

I love your posts.

And @caribill too.