Tuscan Grill vs Murano first night on Reflection

zitsky

As said previously, it's really personal choice. Last time on Silhouette, we preferred Tuscan over Murano. Nothing in particular.we just enjoyed the food choices more. Take a look at the menus to help make your decision.

Edited by sippican

1 minute ago, sippican said:

As said previously, it's really personal choice. Last time on Silhouette, we preferred Tuscan over Murano. Nothin in particular.we just enjoyed the food choices more.

My husband just told me he actually preferred the Lawn Grill over Murano. 🙂

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

If you are wanting something more 'casual' for first night, then Tuscan, if you want more 'formal' then Murano.

bon appetit and bon voyage

My feelings also. Usually the first evening we want something much more relaxed after a busy afternoon of boarding and settling in. Both are very good in their own way. Love the tables all the way aft with sea views in Tuscan. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

If you are wanting something more 'casual' for first night, then Tuscan, if you want more 'formal' then Murano.

Bo, let me ask you since you’re the expert.  What color should the tie be when I go to Murano in my tuxedo the first night???

• Haha 2

We enjoy every one -- excellent food , excellent service , different atmosphere in each.

However, based on your question, I would recommend Tuscan Grill on the first night.

( Assuming you might of had a long day of travelling , getting settled on the ship, unpacking, etc . ) 

Murano is more formal , Lawn Grill is very casual . Because you are in Aqua class you can always eat there on the first night.

Suggestion re Lawn Grill --- If you have an overnight stay " wherever " , that's a good time to book Lawn Grill --- Not windy, because you are not sailing  !!  ( Holy cow, we learned that the hard way the first time while we were at sea -- the man at the next table from us said I put too much salt on my salad that blew into his face ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tuscan has an amazing wake view if you get a window table and enjoy dining early (your view disappears shortly after sunset). They also have the best bread on the ship. Murano has better food/service. We can get good Italian locally; the nearest French is about a three hour drive for us. I would not order the Chateaubriand if you go to Murano. We were on the Reflection mid December, and made it a point to go to Murano's. They now serve Chateaubriand with a bearnaise sauce, instead of red wine/white wine sauces. Taste is of course subjective, but IMO this has changed the dish from being one of the top 5 meals I have ever eaten in my 57 years of existence, to something that is good, but not spectacular. Okay, enough ranting... I think you will be happy with either.

19 minutes ago, dabear said:

IMHO, Murano hands down. We've been disappointed multiple times in Tuscan grill in both food & service & probably will not go back again.

I found the Fine Cut Steakhouse on Edge class ships to be much better than Tuscan Grill.  But I still prefer Murano and miss it when on Edge class ships.    

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Bo, let me ask you since you’re the expert.  What color should the tie be when I go to Murano in my tuxedo the first night???

I presume you are thinking the less 'formal' black tux, in which case the tie should contrast with your shirt of any color... then again, that would be too dressy for first night dining aboard!

A 'formal' white tux is generally only worn on Cunard Lines... LOL

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I presume you are thinking the less 'formal' black tux, in which case the tie should contrast with your shirt of any color... then again, that would be too dressy for first night dining aboard!

A 'formal' white tux is generally only worn on Cunard Lines... LOL

A tux is too formal?  I don’t want to be turned away at the door.  Have you ever seen a grown man cry?  🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, zitsky said:

A tux is too formal?  I don’t want to be turned away at the door.  Have you ever seen a grown man cry?  🤣

LOL z - it depends on the color of your tux and first night any tux would be too formal on X...

bon appetit and bon voayge

Historically there has been a 50 % discount on the first night. There is also a 15 % discount which starts when you are Captains Club Elite Plus. If you are a couple make sure your waiter takes both your boarding cards or you will one get the discount for one of you.

The menu has been basically the same in Tuscan grill for years  and while we prefer Murano  the meals seem more and more pre assembled.  Tend to use them when we have OBC

8 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

Historically there has been a 50 % discount on the first night. There is also a 15 % discount which starts when you are Captains Club Elite Plus. If you are a couple make sure your waiter takes both your boarding cards or you will one get the discount for one of you.

The menu has been basically the same in Tuscan grill for years  and while we prefer Murano  the meals seem more and more pre assembled.  Tend to use them when we have OBC

Yes we will have OBC.  Not elites though.

7 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

It’s a good thing that I normally don’t sail in a RS or higher because I would attempt to eat ALL meals in Murano if I could. 

Murano is only on S class , I was surprised that E class didn’t have Tuscan or Murano . We will do Tuscan and Le Peit Chef in two weeks on summit, love there royal suite with the huge balcony and all those perks.