What just happened? My cruise disappeared!

I’m on the 2/20 Odyssey sailing. Ive been going to the RCCL website on a daily basis to check on price drops and current inventory because I have a number of Royal Up bids pending. Over the weekend there was only one JS but tons of balconies and OV, and inside rooms. Yesterday I went to the RCCL website to do my usual check and the cruise was not listed on their website at all! The sailings for the week prior and after mine are listed, but not mine. Same thing today, Is it a glitch or something else? It couldn’t have sold out overnight. Any ideas on what’s going on?

1 minute ago, dleahy4444 said:

I’m on the 2/20 Odyssey sailing. Ive been going to the RCCL website on a daily basis to check on price drops and current inventory because I have a number of Royal Up bids pending. Over the weekend there was only one JS but tons of balconies and OV, and inside rooms. Yesterday I went to the RCCL website to do my usual check and the cruise was not listed on their website at all! The sailings for the week prior and after mine are listed, but not mine. Same thing today, Is it a glitch or something else? It couldn’t have sold out overnight. Any ideas on what’s going on?

It didn't sell out it just reached capacity and they stopped sales.  This has been happening fairly frequently lately.  Nothing to be concerned about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TwinMamainMN said:

Can you see your sailing on any other website? I'm guessing it was a glitch, but am no expert. I can see it on "i cruise" for example.

You might be able to see it but you wont be able to book it.  Many sites are not live and use stored data until someone actually goes to book and pay and then they go to Royal for confirmation

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Happens when you get within cruising date.

Could be they are establishing the number of passengers, the staterooms booked, and other things needed to maintain Covid protocols ?

• Thanks 1

This will be my 4th cruise since cruising resumed  and this didn’t happen on the others, even with the capacity caps. Before it disappeared there were at least 40 balconies available for sale and I don’t know how many OV and inside rooms. You guys are probably right: it may be a capacity issue combined with being close to sailing. Just weird. I’m wondering if this somehow will impact my Royal Up bids. If they reached capacity then maybe it isn’t looking very good…

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It didn't sell out it just reached capacity and they stopped sales.  This has been happening fairly frequently lately.  Nothing to be concerned about.

Most likely scenario.  It may pop back up if they get some cancellations or decide to raise the capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Do we know what target capacity Royal is shooting for currently?

Just now, Big_G said:

Do we know what target capacity Royal is shooting for currently?

It's more than what they are sailing with.  Omicron has caused a lot of cancellations.  Very few ships now get to the point that they close off sailings.  Not sure what the number is but it has been reduced from what it was in December.

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

...I’m wondering if this somehow will impact my Royal Up bids. If they reached capacity then maybe it isn’t looking very good…

I wouldn't think it would. If they are allowing X amount of passengers it wouldn't matter what rooms they are in. They would still have the same number of people.

• Haha 1

My February 13th cruise on Harmony disappeared from my cruise planner about 30 days prior to the cruise. They said it was because I hadn’t paid in full, which I did in December. Royal IT strikes again. So as long as it hasn’t disappeared from your cruise planner, you should be good.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Hope all is well with your cruise - this is our february vacation week…but I don’t know anyone cruising that week yet!   

Thanks. It still appears on my cruise planner, it has just disappeared from their site. I’m assuming we are still sailing