Chef's Table on Oasis of the Seas

ValerieJo

10 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Can anyone tell me if the Chef's Table on Oasis of the Seas is in a private dining room setting or is it in an area of the Main Dining Room (not private)?  I checked the deck plans and didn't see it anywhere.  Thank you.

It's in Coastal Kitchen unless that has changed for Covid.

Very noisy, I wouldn't book it

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

Nope -- I'm wrong.  We were in a private area in the Solarium.  I was just there in September and it was difficult to remember.  ugh. Due to Covid, there were only 8 of us at a table that could seat 12-14.  We were spread out at a large table and they had two huge air purifiers in the room with us.

Edited by SLSL
correction
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Can anyone tell me if the Chef's Table on Oasis of the Seas is in a private dining room setting or is it in an area of the Main Dining Room (not private)?

It's in the starboard side nook (separate room) in the Solarium Bistro.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Is chef's table only for suite and certain c/a levels?

I know it is extra pay but how exclusive is it really?

It's exclusive to those who want to pay 89.99/person for dinner. 

Its pretty interesting that between Oasis and Allure, their diamond clubs are not in the same location.  When I was on Allure we had Chef's Table on the 2nd level of the Diamond Club.  Since dinner started at 6:30, it was REALLY loud because we were right in the middle of the Diamond Happy hour (this was precovid in 2019).  Not the best venue for it.  Some ships have better locations than others.

On Allure, their Diamond club is on deck 10 and 11, whereas, Oasis' is on deck 4.

We're doing the Chef's Table on Oasis on our March 6th sailing.  To us, it's worth it - with the wine pairings for each course.  We've done it twice before - on Liberty and on Allure - and we enjoyed them. The last on Allure was in 2017 - and from screen shots/menus I've seen now - the menu changed, which will be good (vs having the same meal again).  I don't think they change the menu often, though.

6 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

It's exclusive to those who want to pay 89.99/person for dinner. 

Its pretty interesting that between Oasis and Allure, their diamond clubs are not in the same location.  When I was on Allure we had Chef's Table on the 2nd level of the Diamond Club.  Since dinner started at 6:30, it was REALLY loud because we were right in the middle of the Diamond Happy hour (this was precovid in 2019).  Not the best venue for it.  Some ships have better locations than others.

On Allure, their Diamond club is on deck 10 and 11, whereas, Oasis' is on deck 4.

thanks for the information.  I will think about it for symphony in april or Oasis in the fall.

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks for the information.  I will think about it for symphony in april or Oasis in the fall.

I should note that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chef's Table and will usually do it on every cruise i'm on.  Unfortunately, I have had the same menu more or less (dessert changed and maybe the wine) on 5 cruises since 2017 across different ships (Grandeur, Navigator, Allure, Mariner and Brilliance).

1 minute ago, Rogueperson said:

I should note that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chef's Table and will usually do it on every cruise i'm on.  Unfortunately, I have had the same menu more or less (dessert changed and maybe the wine) on 5 cruises since 2017 across different ships (Grandeur, Navigator, Allure, Mariner and Brilliance).

I can sign up once on board right?  Not in advance?

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I can sign up once on board right?  Not in advance?

You can pre-book.  I have never seen it discounted before prior to a cruise, however, I have heard stories of people getting them discounted onboard.  BUT, on my last Brilliance cruise in December, someone came up to me the day after and asked me about Chef's Table, then they proceeded to tell me they were asking 135/person onboard😮

Weird thing.  For my upcoming Enchantment cruise, its 89.99 per person.  For my upcoming b2b in September, the interface is different, and Chef's table is 74.99 (I think), but now, they add an automatic gratuity which comes out to almost 89 bucks/person.

5 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

You can pre-book.  I have never seen it discounted before prior to a cruise, however, I have heard stories of people getting them discounted onboard.  BUT, on my last Brilliance cruise in December, someone came up to me the day after and asked me about Chef's Table, then they proceeded to tell me they were asking 135/person onboard😮

Weird thing.  For my upcoming Enchantment cruise, its 89.99 per person.  For my upcoming b2b in September, the interface is different, and Chef's table is 74.99 (I think), but now, they add an automatic gratuity which comes out to almost 89 bucks/person.

i will give it a try on at least one of the five ships I am doing this year.  sounds like a long meal with lots of food.

On my last sailing (which happened to be on Oasis, and the Solarium Bistro location for CT was lovely), I learned that you can get the Chef's Table for $39.99 when you have an Ultimate Dining Package. That's the very definition of a no-brainer! Great food, great wine, great experience. Can't wait to do it again!

7 minutes ago, DrVegas said:

On my last sailing (which happened to be on Oasis, and the Solarium Bistro location for CT was lovely), I learned that you can get the Chef's Table for $39.99 when you have an Ultimate Dining Package. That's the very definition of a no-brainer! Great food, great wine, great experience. Can't wait to do it again!

IS THIS NEW?!?!?!?!?  I've always read that Chef's Table was not included with the UDP.  The idea of losing a day seems a bit much when comparing the overall price of the UDP, but if i can get value for it on the day i don't use it for Chef's table, this changes the game totally!!!

5 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

IS THIS NEW?!?!?!?!?  I've always read that Chef's Table was not included with the UDP.  The idea of losing a day seems a bit much when comparing the overall price of the UDP, but if i can get value for it on the day i don't use it for Chef's table, this changes the game totally!!!

I had never heard it before, either - I think the "Chef's Table is not included" language is designed so you don't think that you get it for free. And it might have been that this is a temporary change due to low demand -- there were only 4 people at our seating. 

But yeah. $39.99. I think Chef's Table is amazing for any price, but getting it that cheap is pretty awesome.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:34 PM, John&LaLa said:

It's in Coastal Kitchen unless that has changed for Covid.

Very noisy, I wouldn't book it

Ours was held here in Costal Kitchen too. I wasn't impressed. Right next to the bar, very noisy, people gawking at you. 

I was much happier on majesty in a private dining room off of the main restaurant. 

The one we attended on Allur was above one of the diamond lounges, again very noise until the free bar stopped then the guests all left.

Another thing to note, there used to be a discount if you were a non drinker. Maybe that's still on offer.

Edited by Magnetchief