Any word on a 2022 President's Day sale?

MisterBill99

Subject says it all. Is there any word on when/if the President's Day sale flyer will be out? I know we're still more than a week away from the official holiday, but I thought it came out early previously. Looking to book a cruise and wondering if my sailing will be on the free cabin upgrades list.

I already emailed my TA asking if she's heard anything.

• Like 2

You aren't alone. Thinking last year it ran from 2/10-19/21. Recent price increases have been quite dramatic on some cruises. The one my wife and I just did in Dec 21 saw the book price increase by 50% for the same cruise in early '23 (so almost double what we paid based on the Presidents' Day sale price).

FWIW, how many currently released cruises have much/any availability to put on sale? I have four cruises booked. All are totally waitlisted. It’d almost be like putting everything on Aisle 3 on sale, while Aisle 3 is all bare shelves.

• Like 1

Though I see the HAL add running on the top of these pages for their current sale. Looks like many cruises tied to the near future, however. So they may be trying to overcome cancellations and reduced bookings from the recent Omicron wave.

38 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

FWIW, how many currently released cruises have much/any availability to put on sale? I have four cruises booked. All are totally waitlisted. It’d almost be like putting everything on Aisle 3 on sale, while Aisle 3 is all bare shelves.

I seem to find the cruises with lots of availability, even at the penthouse level, when I am browsing and doing some wishful thinking about my future cruises. I am generally looking at 2023 cruises, so that might make the difference

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We have a trip booked for October 2022 but have two other on the wish list, also in 2022, with availability. We are very interested to hear if there will be a Presidents' Day sale. We have had great luck in the past with the category upgrade sales. We are waiting to hear back from TA as well. 

Edited by clairol

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

You think these 50% capacity cruises right now are by design? I don't think so. There were much larger numbers on board a few weeks ago. Plenty of availability, just not where people want to go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Well, the Bermuda cruise I'm looking at for July has availability in two outside and all verandah and concierge categories, so if I could get a free bump from an outside to verandah and not have to wait for and pay for an upsell, that would be great.

Even the European sailing I had booked for the end of April and cancelled at final payment back in November now has availability after being totally wait-listed for a year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, ORV said:

You think these 50% capacity cruises right now are by design? I don't think so. There were much larger numbers on board a few weeks ago. Plenty of availability, just not where people want to go. 

Many people have cancelled.  Omicron and closed ports made a lot of people bolt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, susiesan said:

There are no second half 2023 cruises on the list either. I am eying a Canary Islands itinerary for fall 2023. I may wait to book it when I am onboard in December on a Caribbean sailing.

Yes, so much of it is between now and August 2022. Only a smattering afterwards. Many shorter voyages of 7 days. We'll be looking again while on board Sirena in Nov 22 for our E. Caribbean voyage.

I'm interested in knowing why they claim that all promotions are included in their current prices. The prices on individual cabins are the same as before February 16th. Nothing has changed there.  So, if I choose the cheapest B level with a veranda, where and when is the upgrade applied.....and what is the ceiling on 4 categories? 🤔

Edited by Heartlander1965

28 minutes ago, Heartlander1965 said:

I'm interested in knowing why they claim that all promotions are included in their current prices. The prices on individual cabins are the same as before February 16th. Nothing has changed there.  So, if I choose the cheapest B level with a veranda, where and when is the upgrade applied.....and what is the ceiling on 4 categories? 🤔

The B4 that you listed in your other post is $4049 with the current sale. According to my paper catalog (Riviera April 14 or, before the sale (e.g. Feb. 15th) it was $4599 ($2749 cruise only) and it will return to that price on Feb 23rd. The price may go up on Apr. 1st when the current catalog prices expire.

• Like 1