Cruise Ban extended a further 2 months till April 17th

rkmw

17 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

He and Scotty will probably be gone after the election anyway.  

Greg Hunt is not standing again so he is probably counting down the days to retirement.  He has nothing to gain or lose by allowing cruising.  Won't be his problem either way after the election.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Greg hunts press release yesterday.

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/pandemic-emergency-measures-extended-to-april

Essentially the biosecurity measures (5) of which cruise ships commencing  is one, has been extended to near the Federal election 

Surprise! Surprise! 🙄

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Greg Hunt is not standing again so he is probably counting down the days to retirement.  He has nothing to gain or lose by allowing cruising.  Won't be his problem either way after the election.

He is a Party animal and can expect nice jobs after retirement from politics if he does what he is told.

Maybe even with Optus.

A friends Princess cruise within Australia in Sept was cancelled and she said the email said no cruises until October..

I rang Princess yesterday and they confirmed no Princess cruises until October.

I asked about the ships coming from the Us and she said they were still scheduled to leave US end Sept.  

I'm surprised as October is still 8 months away. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Nope! Potential super-spreader event.

Are you going?

I might?  See what happens in the morning.

I think it was 12:00 to 3:00

It could get hijacked by the rate bags though. There’s a lot of them around these days.

mmmm  , might be interesting , I could fit in.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I might?  See what happens in the morning.

I think was 12:00 to 3:00

It could get hijacked by the rate bags though. There’s a lot of them around these days.

mmmm  , might be interesting , I could fit in.

Are you talking about the protest that Cruising Honey has organised and if so the 

protest is on the 13th March at 12.00 to 3.00 at the OPT

Brisbane is having one on the same day

18 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Are you talking about the protest that Cruising Honey has organised and if so the 

protest is on the 13th March at 12.00 to 3.00 at the OPT

Brisbane is having one on the same day

Someone said tomorrow, I just checked and you are right.

F69EABFD-0C41-4C44-B9B6-A6A71D1B1CB3.thumb.png.9a88b98eca51af91e0015b1f6d6f1f8d.png

Edited by Chiliburn

26 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

If they are going to Portside, someone should tell them that they are not cruising from there any more.

I suppose it's easier to get to than Luggage Point. 😎

Luggage Point was mentioned about the Brisbane protest but the gates are locked and that’s why Portside was mentioned

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Someone said tomorrow, I just checked and you are right.

F69EABFD-0C41-4C44-B9B6-A6A71D1B1CB3.thumb.png.9a88b98eca51af91e0015b1f6d6f1f8d.png

I trust they got a police permit to rally, otherwise Sydney's finest👮‍♂️Will be there sorting them out, cracking a few skulls, lol.

We have the ability to send a message to our politicians via the cruising.org.au website .... has a link to "ReadySetSail" very simple takes a couple of minutes.

Get on board and send our poles a message .... we want to cruise.

Message should be shared and spread far and wide to any Aussie/NZ cruisers who want to cruise local or further afield and similarly Overseas cruises who want to cruise to Aust/NZ.

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What ,do they have to get a permit to have a protest rally?

Yes. For many years, in Australia people have had to get a police permit to hold a protest rally. This started maybe in the 1970s (going from memory). I don't think permits are refused, but police need to be aware that it is happening. That is why sometimes the media reports that there is an "illegal rally".

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes. For many years, in Australia people have had to get a police permit to hold a protest rally. This started maybe in the 1970s (going from memory). I don't think permits are refused, but police need to be aware that it is happening. That is why sometimes the media reports that there is an "illegal rally".

In NSW the police commissioner can refuse a permit to rally/march/demonstrate whatever. Sometimes they do. Appeal can be made to court.

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

In NSW the police commissioner can refuse a permit to rally/march/demonstrate whatever. Sometimes they do. Appeal can be made to court.

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have worded my post better. From my observation, permits are usually granted for a rally or demo, but would be refused if it was deemed that it would interfere too much with traffic or other practical reasons. I don't think they are refused for political reasons.

• Like 1