UDP Allure Of The Seas

sj755

It is our first time on this class and we purchased the 3 restaurant plan to try a couple of places out. Though we have always been happy with the MDR.  Figured it was a happy medium.  We have only ever been to Chops.  We are excited  to try a few new places.  We have 5 days until we board and we still can't make up our mind.  A good problem to have 😊

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sj755 said:

It is my first time on the Allure Of The seas and I am thinking about purchasing the UDP. Do you think there will be enough variety of venues for an 8 night cruise?

Yes.  Keep in mind that you will also be able to eat at the specialty restaurants for lunch, whenever they are open.  Also remember that you CAN eat in the MDR if you choose to, so that's another variety option.

• Like 1

We just came off an 14 night (B2B) on the Allure in January. We did a 6 night and an 8 night. We had the UDP for both weeks and found it to be a little too much for that many night's. A couple of night's I actually went to the Windjammer Cafe just to try something different. You have several options to chose from. Chops (steakhouse), Giovanni's, Johnny Rockets (milk shakes are extra), 150 Central Park, Sabor (mexican), Samba Grill (sometimes open at night in the Solarium).

It really just depends on what your food tastes are like. If you get a great price for it I would say try it.

• Like 1

Are you able to order a specific thing from the MDR to the speciality if someone wants it? I think prior to COVID you could do this if you wanted.

We are on a Quantum class ship so not sure if its different based on the ship class.

59 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

We just came off an 14 night (B2B) on the Allure in January. We did a 6 night and an 8 night. We had the UDP for both weeks and found it to be a little too much for that many night's. A couple of night's I actually went to the Windjammer Cafe just to try something different. You have several options to chose from. Chops (steakhouse), Giovanni's, Johnny Rockets (milk shakes are extra), 150 Central Park, Sabor (mexican), Samba Grill (sometimes open at night in the Solarium).

It really just depends on what your food tastes are like. If you get a great price for it I would say try it.

I would agree with this. We had the UDP for our 8 night Allure sailing last month and lack of variety was not an issue for us. Allure also has Izumi's in addition to those listed above.  I'm glad we tried the UDP (my waistline - not so much!) but for future sailings we agreed a 2 or 3 night dining package would be sufficient. We enjoy the specialty restaurants but don't feel the need to go every for every meal. But if it's a good price - give it a try 🙂

My husband and I love the UDP and do not mind doing a specialty twice.  We do enjoy the lunch on embarkation as well as the sea days.

We like the intimacy of the specialty restaurants like in 150 Central Park, Chops & Giovanni's over the MDR. 

The Izumi hibachi even with the extra 10 per person is worth it. Love the entertainment factor

We can go to the Windjammer or the MDR but there are a variety on the Oasis class that are even free:  Sorrentos, Park Café & Boardwalk Doghouse and I must not forget Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

Bought it for our 8 nights on the Allure for April

Edited by cruzincanuck
  • Like 1

If you want to go to a different restaurant every night, there is not enough "variety". If you don't mind visiting a specialty restaurant a couple of times over the course of your cruise so you can try different foods, then there is enough "variety". So it all depends on your own personal definition of "variety"

1 hour ago, cruzincanuck said:

My husband and I love the UDP and do not mind doing a specialty twice.  We do enjoy the lunch on embarkation as well as the sea days.

We like the intimacy of the specialty restaurants like in 150 Central Park, Chops & Giovanni's over the MDR. 

The Izumi hibachi even with the extra 10 per person is worth it. Love the entertainment factor

We can go to the Windjammer or the MDR but there are a variety on the Oasis class that are even free:  Sorrentos, Park Café & Boardwalk Doghouse and I must not forget Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

Bought it for our 8 nights on the Allure for April

This is our attitude as well.  We get the UDP 100% of the time regardless of the ship or length of the cruise.

We did a seven day on the allure in October. There were four of us, and we were in suites so our concierge booked our reservations before we boarded. I have always been hesitant to book it in the past because I have heard limited availability for times etc. 

We absolutely loved it, but if the ship was selling at full capacity I might be less inclined to do it just because I would be afraid of not getting the times we want

Loved it on the Independence in Nov. Reminder, you do not need to sit down and eat in the restaurant either. Make a reservation and let them know it’s for takeout when you arrive. They will give you trays with covered dishes just like getting room service. 

I brought a huge lunch from Chops to the Solarium pool area where friends and family were. Fantastic lunch!

Cruising in May on the Allure and the UDP is on sale right now for what amounts to $25 per day each person. No brainer. Just a lunch equals that price. 

I bought the UDP during Black Friday sales and the price now is $50 less than that deal.

Edited by Pomc99