Quantum of the Seas balcony

fhp123

I just booked an Alaskan cruise on Quantum of the Seas. We did a guarantee balcony. Just got my cabin assigned. Deck 13. Towards the front of the ship. Should I be worried about such a high deck?  Looks like I’m under the Solarium.  With possibly the overhang being above. Will it be noisy?  Windy?  Or will the covering be good if it rains?  Thanks for any feedback. 

35 minutes ago, fhp123 said:

I just booked an Alaskan cruise on Quantum of the Seas. We did a guarantee balcony. Just got my cabin assigned. Deck 13. Towards the front of the ship. Should I be worried about such a high deck?  Looks like I’m under the Solarium.  With possibly the overhang being above. Will it be noisy?  Windy?  Or will the covering be good if it rains?  Thanks for any feedback. 

Since your cabin number has been assigned you can now move to any available cabin anywhere on the ship as long as you keep the same category. 

might be slightly windy but overall I think a good location for views of Alaska.

For me I would be more concerned if connecting room or near elevators.   Being close to solarium means quick and easy morning coffee and breakfast and early start on getting a good seat in the front too.   

• 2 weeks later...

The forward section of deck 13 is not like the midship areas that have more cover and support poles.  The forward section of deck 13 is pretty clear.  

I recently stayed in a deck 13 forward cabin on a sister ship and it didn’t impact my cabin choice of deck 13 forward on Quantum.    Im there by choice, not a guarantee.  

2 hours ago, TeachUF352 said:

I know it appears to be random but interesting to see when some get their cabin assignment.

When you check in at 45 days out and get your SetSail pass, the barcode in it may provide a cabin assignment (decode it), even if online it still lists GTY.

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When you check in at 45 days out and get your SetSail pass, the barcode in it may provide a cabin assignment (decode it), even if online it still lists GTY.

Thanks for the backdoor info. I will look for it..

80 some days to wait..😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

might be slightly windy but overall I think a good location for views of Alaska.

For me I would be more concerned if connecting room or near elevators.   Being close to solarium means quick and easy morning coffee and breakfast and early start on getting a good seat in the front too.   

We are newbies. Our room is a connecting room.  Did we make a mistake??

39 minutes ago, rmplemintz said:

It depends who you talk to. You'll get a full range of opinions here. Of course it also depends on who is in the connected room and how loud they are. I have never had a problem with noise in a connecting room. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:47 PM, rmplemintz said:

well ya might get some noise through the cracks.  If you can find another room I would.

but putting towels down along the floor of doors also helps too.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:47 PM, rmplemintz said:

We’ve sailed in cabins with a connecting door several times and can honestly say we’ve never had any noise issues. Perhaps we’ve just been lucky 🤷‍♀️

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have an idea of the views from the 6th floor?  It looks like the lifeboats are below on 5. I'm towards the back in the 6690's. While I know it's an obstructed view floor, does anyone know how bad the obstructions are?

21 minutes ago, Mysterystory said:

Does anyone have an idea of the views from the 6th floor?  It looks like the lifeboats are below on 5. I'm towards the back in the 6690's. While I know it's an obstructed view floor, does anyone know how bad the obstructions are?

I saw a video from someone in 6682. They showed the smoking area with a glass roof directly below their balcony. 

• 3 weeks later...