Masks Not Required in Most Areas Beginning March 1

JT1962

1 minute ago, travelplus said:

Sounds good! Now don't get me wrong I like to "breathe" indoors but will do my absolute best to wear my mask!

Nothing wrong with that at all, after March 1 everyone is still free to wear a mask if they wish. There's just not going to be anyone forcing them to do so. To me that is how it should be.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

* most areas

You're right, it says masks may be required in certain venues or events. Are we back to pre-Omicron, where you'll still need to sip and cover in the comedy club? Have I gotten my hopes up for nothing?

53 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I mean it's not like anything major is going to change with the virus between now and then. But it gives the staff time to set up new signage, change out the slideshows on the in-cabin TVs, etc. I get it even if I would have preferred it to be immediate. After all, when they re-instated smoking it took effect two days later.

My guess is Carnival is seeing depressed bookings after their earlier announcement that all sailings until further notice would be under their COVID guidelines, and after NCL and RCL made their announcements, Carnival had to do something quick. Competition is a good thing.

They definitely needed to get with the program and follow the other lines as far as the masks.  People are so over wearing them.  Well, most people.  LOL.  

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You're right, it says masks may be required in certain venues or events. Are we back to pre-Omicron, where you'll still need to sip and cover in the comedy club? Have I gotten my hopes up for nothing?

Dunno. I just hope we don't go back to the old life boat drills, or tons of advertisements delivered to the cabin everyday.

• Like 2

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Dunno. I just hope we don't go back to the old life boat drills, or tons of advertisements delivered to the cabin everyday.

I think the old life boat drills will be coming back, making all those crew stand by the lifeboats all day on their busiest day is a poor use of resources it seems to me. But maybe they have found optimizations elsewhere and the good guest reviews outweighs that.

I do hope they go back to delivering the waters, VIFP gifts, etc., to our staterooms. It's a wild goose chase picking all this stuff up. The ads for spa treatments etc I can give or take, don't have a strong opinion.

I'd love to be able to go back to a phone-less cruise - I didn't like getting used to using my phone for menus etc on my last cruise. But that may just be me. I'm sure a lot of people don't mind it.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

A lawyer could.

Hopefully a crew member also does and they're kicked off the ship and have to spend more money to get home.  If you can't follow the rules, stay home!  I don't understand why this is so difficult for so many people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

So does this actually mean that I don’t need that exemption I submitted for my 1yo daughter now? No more waiting on pins and needles wondering if we’re going to cruise in 5 weeks? I can finally tell my oldest kiddo that we’re going on a cruise without fear that we will be denied due to no exemption? Just double checking I’ve read this correctly. TIA!

55 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I know it's got to be uncomfortable for them to work their difficult jobs in a KN95 all day, let alone the ones working at say Guy's Burgers over that hot grill all day.

Discomfort is one thing.  But KN95's look like creepy as hell!  They look like a predatory bird's beak.  Hey Carnival, get those workers masks with a friendlier, more human appearance.  Or just let them wear the boring old hospital masks.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 4

So, I find three main changes.  1.  No masks required in most areas after March 1. 2. If you're boosted, you can test 3 days in advance. And 3. Kids under 5 don't need exemptions. 

Do those under 5 still have to pay the $150 for extra testing  and do they still have to only do bubble tours?

It looks like we're moving in the right direction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TravelBluebird said:

Well, guess I’ll be on the last fully masked Carnival cruise for awhile (leaving February 26th).

They should have made it immediate for all cruises not currently at sea. Enforcement will be difficult after this announcement.

We leave on February 28.  Can't imagine a few hours difference 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kicia said:

We leave on February 28.  Can't imagine a few hours difference 

So do I, I imagine enforcement will be lax to nonexistent.

4 minutes ago, kicia said:

So, I find three main changes.  1.  No masks required in most areas after March 1. 2. If you're boosted, you can test 3 days in advance. And 3. Kids under 5 don't need exemptions. 

Do those under 5 still have to pay the $150 for extra testing  and do they still have to only do bubble tours?

It looks like we're moving in the right direction. 

Someone else said they didn't see any changes to bubble tours etc. At least not yet.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think the old life boat drills will be coming back, making all those crew stand by the lifeboats all day on their busiest day is a poor use of resources it seems to me. ...

That's not been my experience in the new life boat drills. You aren't anywhere near the actual lifeboats. Our muster station was in the forward show lounge, and there was just a couple of crew members stationed there, one demonstrating how to put the lift vest on, and another one scanning cards as people came in to stand and watch the demonstration. Easy-peasy, no hallway sweeps, checking every stateroom to be sure all passengers were at the muster station, etc. 

It's awesome and I hope it stays. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

That's not been my experience in the new life boat drills. You aren't anywhere near the actual lifeboats. Our muster station was in the forward show lounge, and there was just a couple of crew members stationed there, one demonstrating how to put the lift vest on, and another one scanning cards as people came in to stand and watch the demonstration. Easy-peasy, no hallway sweeps, checking every stateroom to be sure all passengers were at the muster station, etc. 

It's awesome and I hope it stays. 

Depends on the ship, on Freedom for example pretty much all the muster stations are on the boat deck so there were two or so crew stationed at every muster, plus several in the halls around boat deck, telling people which muster station to go to. All day during embarkation before sailaway, the busiest time for the crew.

37 minutes ago, cruise_gal21 said:

So does this actually mean that I don’t need that exemption I submitted for my 1yo daughter now? No more waiting on pins and needles wondering if we’re going to cruise in 5 weeks? I can finally tell my oldest kiddo that we’re going on a cruise without fear that we will be denied due to no exemption? Just double checking I’ve read this correctly. TIA!

This is the way I'm reading it.....This would be a wonderful relief here as well, 2+4 year old

6 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What a wet blanket!

The relaxing of protocols is a time of mourning for some, as they cling to  ‘agree to the protocols, or don’t sail’….except now it has a completely different meaning. Good times are here. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 8