Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection

MPH711

I have Diamond status. I recall in the past I could go on-line and select Diet Coke as a Day One welcome beverage selection.  I believe it was under my profile where you could select your “preferences”. I’m not seeing it now. Under Diamond Benefits it says you call Crown & Anchor and let them know your selection. It seems strange that you would have to call. Is that what all of you do?

27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, the ability to change those preferences online was taken away about three years ago. 

And it was a ridiculous move on RCI's part....Why waste time for this that should be easy to do online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cargopilot said:

I believe that if you do not call, your Diamond benefits do not appear on first day with your last historical choice.

Prior to a recent cruise in October, we had not called to change our preferences and our original selections were waiting in our stateroom when we arrived on day 1. 

We met with the LA on board as there was a correction needed with a new email address. When they reset the profile, on our last cruise in December a different selection was awaiting us.  My understanding is when a change is made to the profile all aspects of it need to be reconfirmed.  Apparently the LA inadvertently did not do this, and our stateroom gift choices changed to a default selection.  We contacted the LA on board that cruise and they corrected our choices and had them also delivered to our stateroom.

Point being if you call to make any changes be sure to have the C & A rep review your entire profile to be sure all elements are correct.  Saves potential subsequent calls.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Do people really have the time to call and sit on hold.

Just to tell someone that what type of a can of soda for their room upon arrival?

Who actually cares about this???

RCCL C& A, which his who you would contact about this, has not had long hold times in our experience as they are separate from the general reservations group.  And it is not a matter of what can of soda someone would want - there are other choices that apparently members of that tier level and higher might care about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Do people really have the time to call and sit on hold.

Just to tell someone that what type of a can of soda for their room upon arrival?

Who actually cares about this???

Who actually cares about this???  There seems to be a subset of the cruise lifers that care about EVERY detail ahead of time, they call and call and call for every single thing before boarding clogging up the lines then yakking about how long they were on hold, never sailing RCL again blah blah blah.  I have never once made a reservation on-line at any restaurant and have always gotten into the restaurant of my choice by simply walking up to the podium, greeting the host/e$$  and let him/her know that the next night I would like to dine in x restaurant, may you a$$i$t with letting them know as well.  These cruise lines have created a nightmare with many egos re their status names.

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Who actually cares about this???  There seems to be a subset of the cruise lifers that care about EVERY detail ahead of time, they call and call and call for every single thing before boarding clogging up the lines then yakking about how long they were on hold, never sailing RCL again blah blah blah.  I have never once made a reservation on-line at any restaurant and have always gotten into the restaurant of my choice by simply walking up to the podium, greeting the host/e$$  and let him/her know that the next night I would like to dine in x restaurant, may you a$$i$t with letting them know as well.  These cruise lines have created a nightmare with many egos re their status names.

Well specific to this thread, it would be the C & A rep that would handle the preferences in question - one who's job is specifically to support the C & A members.  So no general reservation or other lines would be clogged up with these requests.

As to restaurant reservations, that is typically done on line or via email.  But we also have never had an issue getting a reservation on board. And have never had to "greet the host/e$$" or have them "a$$i$t" with my request.  We've only had to politely ask and they have been only to happy to help.  I guess that is a different ego or $tatu$ of cruiser who re$ort$ to thi$....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well specific to this thread, it would be the C & A rep that would handle the preferences in question - one who's job is specifically to support the C & A members.  So no general reservation or other lines would be clogged up with these requests.

As to restaurant reservations, that is typically done on line or via email.  But we also have never had an issue getting a reservation on board. And have never had to "greet the host/e$$" or have them "a$$i$t" with my request.  We've only had to politely ask and they have been only to happy to help.  I guess that is a different ego or $tatu$ of cruiser who re$ort$ to thi$....

But I am alway$ very polite

• 10 months later...
On 2/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

RCCL C& A, which his who you would contact about this, has not had long hold times in our experience as they are separate from the general reservations group.  And it is not a matter of what can of soda someone would want - there are other choices that apparently members of that tier level and higher might care about.

Is it the same telephone # for reservations? Anyone have the number?