Where was this CC poll posted, where 58% would sail a grey ship ?!

BSocial

• BSocial changed the title to Where was this CC poll posted, where 58% would sail a grey ship ?!

Seems like putting a link in each cruise line’s forum would have resulted in a better response, and potentially different percentages.   (Gosh,  I don’t even think I still use the email I had at the time I signed up for CC.  )

8 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Numbers that make a lot of sense. Hopefully within 6 months we can put a lot of it in our rear view mirror 

Then I don’t understand what grey status is (opted out).     Does that mean still have to comply with masking - or does it mean free of any restrictions?  I thought at one time Chief said cruise ships without CDC plan would have to comply with the restrictions for other maritime vessels.   @chengkp75 ?

Edited by BSocial
CoVid brain fog today

Just now, BSocial said:

Seems like putting a link in each cruise line’s forum would have resulted in a better response, and potentially different percentages.   (Gosh,  I don’t even think I still use the email I had at the time I signed up for CC.  )

Maybe why you didn't receive one.  You may want to update your email.. Contact 

help@cruisecritic.com and give them your username, your old email address and the new one you want used.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Then I don’t understand what grey status is (opted out).     Does that mean still have to comply with masking - or does it mean free of any restrictions?  I thought at one time Chief said cruise ships without CDC plan would have to comply with the restrictions for other maritime vessels. 

It’s a grey area😉

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BSocial said:

(Gosh,  I don’t even think I still use the email I had at the time I signed up for CC.  )

Neither do I, and There is no way to update it on your own. I ended up having to contact the CC help desk to get my old AOL email changed to my current gmail account.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

I'm confused. Is it grey or gray? 

either or 

What is the difference between grey and gray?

Gray and grey are both common spellings of the color between black and white. Gray is more frequent in American English, whereas grey is more common in British English. ... Of the two, gray occurs more frequently in American English, while grey has historically been the spelling preferred by British English publications.

Ok, for those who voted on either the gray or grey status in the poll, indoor masking would be required.  So I’m confused why so many voted for that option?  

Here’s a quote from @Ourusualbeach, quoting @chengkp75 in CLIA vs CDC thread, post 38. (Sorry I tried but unable t make a link for just that one post.).   So copy and paste it is:

“ ….  Opting out means they have to follow Federal government guidelines that class them as general transportation and mask must be worn indoors at all times.

Here's a quote from chengkp75 on another thread

"Apparently, the CDC has informed cruise line executives that if they opt out of the voluntary CSO program, by eliminating mask mandates, they will fall into the category of "general transportation", which is covered by an Executive Order, in place since last February, that covers all ships, of all types, of all nations, that wish to enter the US.  While this order does not require testing or vaccination, and specifically says it does not take into account the vaccination status, it does require masks at all times when indoors (except in cabin). “

Edited by BSocial
Underline for clarity

39 minutes ago, BSocial said:

it does require masks at all times when indoors (except in cabin). “

And, to clarify further (I've since retired, so I've put some of the day to day stuff we had to do on ships out of mind), you were required to wear masks outdoors as well.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

And, to clarify further (I've since retired, so I've put some of the day to day stuff we had to do on ships out of mind), you were required to wear masks outdoors as well.

Thanks, Chief, and Happy Retirement !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just an FYI that the POLL being referenced was sent out via one of our newsletters.  If you don't currently receive our newsletters, you can subscribe by visiting our homepage at https://www.cruisecritic.com and clicking the Newsletter link located in the upper right corner of the page on the blue nav.

Note the newsletters are totally separate from anything you receive from the forums or community.

Laura 

• Thanks 1