shuttle service into old city provided in San Juan

lynncarol

12 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

Just learned our Celebrity cruise docks at the Pan American terminal in San Juan PR. Does anyone know if the ship provides a shuttle into the old city or must we find our own transportation.

Thank you

If your cruise is originating from Puerto Rico, it will leave from Pan American.  If your ship is stopping in Puerto Rico, it will dock at Old San Juan.  You will be in the center of that city.  Across the street, there is a CVS and Walgreens in case you forgot something.

Just now, keesar said:

If your cruise is originating from Puerto Rico, it will leave from Pan American.  If your ship is stopping in Puerto Rico, it will dock at Old San Juan.  You will be in the center of that city.  Across the street, there is a CVS and Walgreens in case you forgot something.

Thank you for your quick response. Our ship is stopping in San Juan, not departing. If so, that is great news, but are you sure? I googled the ports of San Juan and it seemed to indicate that while most of the lines docked in Old City, there were a few exceptions and Celebrity was one.

14 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

Thank you for your quick response. Our ship is stopping in San Juan, not departing. If so, that is great news, but are you sure? I googled the ports of San Juan and it seemed to indicate that while most of the lines docked in Old City, there were a few exceptions and Celebrity was one.

Unless something has changed very recently Celebrity and RC always dock in OSJ either at pier 1, 3 or 4 for port stops. Pan Am pier for Celebrity and RC is embarking and disembarking not for port stops. 

Edited by davekathy

I don’t know when your cruises, but right now ships are not stopping in San Juan because of very complex health requirements. That won’t last forever of course but I don’t know when it is expired. Celebrity is generally substituting other ports for San Juan or putting in an extra sea day

Our cruise on the Constellation arrives at San Juan in mid March.  Fortunately the Puerto Rican authorities just recently changed their entrance requirements (again) to make it more attractive to the cruise lines so apparently we will be stopping there.

Thanks to the rest of you for your reassurance about the piers.  If you learn otherwise, can you please revisit this thread and let me know? It's bad enough we don't dock there until 3:00.

4 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

don’t know when your cruises, but right now ships are not stopping in San Juan because of very complex health requirements.

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas left on a 7 day cruise today.

Edited by upwarduk

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas left on a 7 day cruise today.

November 2021 is when the Explorer started sailings out if San Juan. We'll be doing a B2B cruise on the Explorer in March out of San Juan. Pan Am pier.  

Edited by davekathy