Are free masks given onboard?

Db85

2 minutes ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

Announcements on ships this morning....NO MORE MASKS!!!!!!!

CDC supposed to announce new less restrictive guidelines for wearing masks today.  So hopefully Celebrity ships now under the Voluntary Covid Program will go mask free.  But individuals can of course make their own decisions.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-pandemics-centers-for-disease-control-and-prevention-64f411f3b8c91faa091332ada342ab19

I am currently aboard the Equinox.  This morning, the captain announced that masks for passengers are no longer required anywhere on board.  You still need them in the terminal building and each port you visit has their own rules.  We received Celebrity-branded masks when we boarded, which were waiting for us in our cabin.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Now get rid of the pre cruise covid testing. 

More than likely, if they did, they would update the definition of "fully vaccinated" to those who have had a booster, if eligible.

This virus isn't gone, you know, and I, for one, like knowing that, within reason, Celebrity tries to ensure that people boarding the ship are not active/contagious covid carriers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

More than likely, if they did, they would update the definition of "fully vaccinated" to those who have had a booster, if eligible.

This virus isn't gone, you know, and I, for one, like knowing that, within reason, Celebrity tries to ensure that people boarding the ship are not active/contagious covid carriers.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. A month or two ago no one thought masks would be eliminated. 

23 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

There is already a CDC definition called Up To Date that includes all vaccine shots and recommended boosters in the correct time frame.  Different than the currently used Fully Vaccinated.  But Celebrity has not yet changed its criteria.  So it is a question going forward if Celebrity will require crew and passengers (of eligible ages) to be Up To Date before they cruise.  I think that one might actually be prepared for that for upcoming cruises and get a booster if eligible to be safe (in more ways than one!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I think that one might actually be prepared for that for upcoming cruises and get a booster if eligible to be safe (in more ways than one!).

As an 80 year old in UK I will be offered a Spring Booster soon( 6 months after I had my 1st Booster).

This will be offered to all over 75 and other vulnerable groups.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

As an 80 year old in UK I will be offered a Spring Booster soon( 6 months after I had my 1st Booster).

I know someone in the UK that has already had their 4th shot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

No 4th shot in the USA yet except for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised.