The Grand Adventure - 5 Nights from Galveston, Feb. 18, 2022

twangster

Day 5 - Galveston

I woke in the early morning hours to the sound of the fog horn every 60 seconds or so.  Despite the fog we were at the pier at 5am when I finally got up and looked out.

AD2202-286.jpg

AD2202-287.jpg

AD2202-288.jpg

AD2202-285.jpg

Breakfast in the Windjammer which opened at 6am. 

Clearance was expected at 7:45am but I grabbed this next picture at 7:20am as we walked off.

AD2202-289.jpg

Facial recognition so CBP was a breeze and with no booze I politely declined the Texas tax woman who asked me if I have any.  

Outside by 7:25am.

AD2202-290.jpg

A last look back at the Grand Adventure from my $53 Lyft to Hobby Airport 

AD2202-291.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 8:28 PM, twangster said:

Day 3 - Costa Maya

With a 1pm scheduled arrival the morning of day 3 started like a sea day.

I headed down to the helipad with my 360 camera.

I don't understand what I am seeing here. I see something in your hand, and I can hear "winding" sounds, but I do not see anything connected to what is in your hand

5 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don't understand what I am seeing here. I see something in your hand, and I can hear "winding" sounds, but I do not see anything connected to what is in your hand

360 cameras are attached to a pole.  The cameras automatically remove the pole from the video giving the appearance they are floating by themselves.  My pole extends so the winding sound you hear is the pole being extended.  It is being held in my hand the entire time with a wrist strap on for safety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

360 cameras are attached to a pole.  The cameras automatically remove the pole from the video giving the appearance they are floating by themselves.  My pole extends so the winding sound you hear is the pole being extended.  It is being held in my hand the entire time with a wrist strap on for safety.

Nice, thanks for answering my question. Very nice photos & videos. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Twangster are you up super early or super late to get all the ship photos without people milling around? Just curious. Thanks..

Sometimes.  Sometimes it’s a matter of being patient or choosing an angle that doesn't capture people.  I try to respect other’s privacy even though it’s technically not required in a public setting.  Still, I do my best not to post people when possible. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, twangster said:

How long does the pole extend?

I am booked on the Adventure soon and I haven't noticed anyone mention the Parades onboard.  Do you recall if they offered this on the Adventure.  I am guessing this is another activity that has been stopped since the restart but hope not.  Thank you.

13 minutes ago, cruising1117 said:

I am booked on the Adventure soon and I haven't noticed anyone mention the Parades onboard.  Do you recall if they offered this on the Adventure.  I am guessing this is another activity that has been stopped since the restart but hope not.  Thank you.

Those were suspended due to protocols.  I've seen mention somewhere that these types of events will be returning soon.  Balloon drops, parades, laser tag, escape rooms, etc. are all being looked it to make a come back "soon".

On 2/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, twangster said:

Catrina is a short walk from the port, approximately 5 minutes beyond the gates.

@twangsterDid you need a reservation?

We were planning to check it out on our next visit for a couple of drinks and a snack. I emailed for an online menu and they said they get full and I would need a reservation? Does it get really busy?

6 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

@twangsterDid you need a reservation?

We were planning to check it out on our next visit for a couple of drinks and a snack. I emailed for an online menu and they said they get full and I would need a reservation? Does it get really busy?

We were the only ship in port so it wasn't full.  When there are more ships I could see it get busier.

• Like 1