What is going on with Scenic Cruises

mvjcruise

Does anyone have any information about Scenic Cruiselines? Their phone lines have been down since at least Monday, and the website has not worked properly since at least Sunday evening. Both have an notice that instruct one to send an email, however that email gets a reply that says they are having technical problems, and will reply once resolved.

Thanks for any info.

Interesting. I just tried the US website again, and the website still has the banner saying technical problems and will not pull up any cruises.  Wonder if it is just a booking glitch, but if you are already booked you can pull your booking up. Phone still has message saying technical problems, so send an email.

Edited by mvjcruise

Scenic’s website was updated late last night. The banner has been removed, and the entire page now states there are technical problems. A new phone number is now on the page. It gets you to Emerald Cruiselines. You can talk to a person, but they are unable to book any cruises at this time. The reps. on the phone have not been given any timeline for the situation to be fixed.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, mvjcruise said:

Scenic’s website was updated late last night. The banner has been removed, and the entire page now states there are technical problems. A new phone number is now on the page. It gets you to Emerald Cruiselines. You can talk to a person, but they are unable to book any cruises at this time. The reps. on the phone have not been given any timeline for the situation to be fixed.

Last week my TA was trying to get a quote from Emerald to upgrade my air (that is no longer an issue as I won’t risk more $$$$). She was on hold all day for 2 days (she has 2 phones so she can keep working while on hold). Then Russia invaded and I told her to drop it. Also, she sent emails which were never answered…….

I messaged on FB to ask if there was an estimated time they'd be back online.  I got a very nice note that there was an outage (not really an answer to my question), and that if there was anything they could help with, they'd be happy to do so.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:04 PM, Haysiedaze said:

From a travel agent and it has been verified by them. The link above has the information.

Thanks, Haysiedaze.  I read over the document from Scenic in the link and do not see anything about Scenic delaying final payments.  Although perhaps one can infer this if their systems are offline. 

But, those who have booked through a TA will likely have payments taken by the TA on the original schedule--unless you contact the TA and ask them to delay.  The TAs we use generally take payment 10-14 days prior to the cruise lines' final payment date to ensure payment goes through.

2 hours ago, loriva said:

I read over the document from Scenic in the link and do not see anything about Scenic delaying final payments. 

I called Scenic yesterday (Canada) because I have a payment coming due soon. The customer service agent said they couldn't accept my payment yet but not to worry, they're not going to penalize anyone for missing a deadline when it's Scenic's problem. They hoped to be back up and running in "a couple more days".

• Like 1

I also heard from a TA who was able to get some information from Scenic via a telephone call.  The Scenic representative confirmed its IT system had experienced a cyber breach, but claimed Scenic caught it before any clients' information was accessed.  They claim clients should not worry about data loss as they did catch it early in the process.

Scenic expects to have the system back up and running late NEXT week, i.e., sometime late in the week beginning 07 March.  They cannot do anything with any of the bookings until the system is back up.  In the interim, they are doing is taking down numbers and questions to get back with people when the system is up.  So, while there is no policy of delaying payments due at this time, on a practical basis payments are being delayed.

Many thanks,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now the 12th March and the systems are still down. I have never heard of any professional business having no IT system for around a month and still no sign of it being fixed. We have a booking with them in April and cannot access and have not received any information/communication from them since this  “system” issue. We wonder if there is more to this. 

U.K. 6 have you tried emailing or phoning them? 

My daughters in-laws have booked a cruise by phone and email whilst this has been ongoing. 

The links below are from the U.K. site.
https://issuu.com/scenicuk/docs/20220225_final_website_faq_link_master_002_

https://issuu.com/scenicuk/docs/20220225_final_website_faq_link_master_002_/2

U.S. public website is still showing "maintenance" status as of morning of 12  March as well.  My TA spoke to Scenic on 07 March  as we have final payment due next week for our cruise in June.  At that time, Scenic predicted their website and full IT system would be back up by 10 March.  When this did not happen, I spoke to my TA again who called Scenic again.  Scenic said they do have a system up to take payments, but TAs have to submit an intent to make a payment and then someone from Scenic has to call them back to process it.  Not sure how it works for those who have made final payment and have a cruise upcoming.  Hoping things will resolve soon and UK6 and others receive their travel documents and have a great cruise--looking forward to hearing about it!

Hi, we booked through a TA and they have been calling them on our behalf but not to date making much if any progress. With their systems down I assume they have to do things manually which must be a nightmare. 
I just don’t understand how a large company can have their systems down for so many weeks and it makes one wonder about what is really going on. 

• Like 1