Stateroom & Dining Room Gratuities

bmill7272

13 minutes ago, bmill7272 said:

Other then the regular gratuity, what amount of a gratuity to the stateroom attendant and dining room servers would be nice?

It's totally at your discretion.  Some people leave $10/day, some leave $20 for the week, some leave $50 for the week, some leave even more, and some leave nothing more. 

If you keep the auto-gratuities on your account, you have "done your duty".  If you feel that you want to give extra, that's literally whatever is in your heart and budget to give.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bmill7272 said:

Other then the regular gratuity, what amount of a gratuity to the stateroom attendant and dining room servers would be nice?

I usually give the Waitress/Waiter $50 and the Asst.$25

We were at a table on a recent cruise where one couple asked the Waiter at every dinner for seconds on main dishes ,desserts and asked for other favors.On the last night they left nothing for the Waitstaff.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I usually give the Waitress/Waiter $50 and the Asst.$25

We were at a table on a recent cruise where one couple asked the Waiter at every dinner for seconds on main dishes ,desserts and asked for other favors.On the last night they left nothing for the Waitstaff.

They would make the list from post 4

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

A simple thought process to follow:

If the crew member makes your cruise more enjoyable, then tip them extra, whatever suits you.  If they don't, then you're under no obligation to tip anything else.

Excellent summation.  This is my policy exactly.  On my last cruise my auto grats total were $232.  My total cost for the cruise plus grats, plus drink package, plus specialty dining pkg, plus internet  plus spa and plus excursions come to around $4800. And that doesn't include airfare, Uber and pre cruise hotels!

Building in a couple hundred extra for extra tips for people who make my experience much better isn't a problem.  I've never really understood the other way of thinking.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1