Crew Transfers - Still happening?

Jcol5786

2 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

just curious if people on recent cruises are still seeing sick crew being transferred off ship to "covid ships"  or has need for this  passed?

All of the COVID ships are in the green on the CDC web site, meaning there are no cases on board.

• Like 1

Perhaps but that's assuming RC is reporting these cases to the CDC. I would still like to hear if any recent cruisers have observed actual crew transfers. If there hasn't been any sign of this I think it is a great sign since back in January there were lots of reports of these transfers happening at various locations.

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

I just got off Jewel as a passenger which was a hospital / quarantine ship for crew prior to my sailing.  So all is well in paradise. 

Thanks - I followed your fine review and it made me want to sail on Jewel when she is up north later this year. I also remember thinking that if they brought Jewel back from being a Covid ship that is a good sign however were there not several other quarantine ships that are still not back in service?

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

All of the COVID ships are in the green on the CDC web site, meaning there are no cases on board.

It will be a great day when the passenger carrying ships can also say the same thing. Great progress being made compared with a month ago. Anthem, Brilliance, Enchantment, and Jewel all in the green now.

11 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Thanks - I followed your fine review and it made me want to sail on Jewel when she is up north later this year. I also remember thinking that if they brought Jewel back from being a Covid ship that is a good sign however were there not several other quarantine ships that are still not back in service?

I believe the other ships were Vision, Serenade, and Rhapsody.  Serenade and Rhapsody are showing green status on CDC chart and Vision is yellow.  Quite an improvement!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe the other ships were Vision, Serenade, and Rhapsody.  Serenade and Rhapsody are showing green status on CDC chart and Vision is yellow.  Quite an improvement!

Yup, bottom's dropped out with most thing's getting back to normal including most the Ships carrying passengers again. Just glad don't have Mask up on my Vision and Jewel Cruises in a few weeks. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

“Covid ships” weren’t for just those with Covid who had to isolate.  They were for crew who were exposed and had to quarantine for 7 days.  There continues to be much confusion between isolation and quarantine.  They used those ships to rotate crew that were not sick but had to quarantine because of exposure with those who were not sick and has completed the quarantine period.   I don’t know what they do with those who are infected and must isolate for a longer period of time.  Some might even have to be sent to medical facilities ashore.