Alaska Cruise and Travel Show

TwinMommyByGrace

Holland America is hosting an event in Seattle called the Alaska Cruise and Travel Show. Has anyone ever been to one of these “shows” and was there a lot of things to do or learn about? I’ve been to Alaska 3 times but 2 of the people I’ll be cruising with this August have never been. It’s a 3 hour drive so was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it and knows if it would be worth the drive. Thanks for any insight you can provide. 
https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-destinations/alaska-and-yukon/alaska-travel-show.html

I have been to a few cruise shows organized by the local agency offices of a North American travel company.  All of the large cruise lines were represented, with presentations on various aspects of a particular ship or destination. It's a good way to gather brochures and speak to reps if you have questions or concerns, and maybe win a door prize or snag a deal.

I'm not sure I would drive 3 hours to attend, though, but if you can combine it with some sightseeing or other activities it could be worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

I have attended a couple of these presentations and I found them interesting, I learned something that I didn't know before attending, and I was able to ask questions--face to face--with HAL's presenters.  At one presentation, one of the tour buses that HAL uses during their Alaska cruises was available for a visit.  

Given the site of this Seattle show, a lunch or dinner at the very nearby Anthony's Pier 66 would be a very pleasant part of one's day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went to the last one held in 2019, and are going to this one. 

They had booths from the various vendors and excursion folks that HAL uses up in Alaska, and lots of fun activities from gold panning to husky dogs to pet and more. Plus, lots of fun show swag! Sounds like the gold panning is back, along with axe throwing, and more. 

• Thanks 1

HAL used to bring these to various locations on the East Coast, too.  Some were quite small, just HAL.  Others included HAL and various vendors who provided shore excursions, etc. in Alaska.  I always found it a pleasant way to spend several hours and always learned something that I could use in my next trip to Alaska.

• Like 1