A plea for an April 2024 eclipse cruise

marne-c

15 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Hopefully that hour is enough to maneuver around any clouds but I'd prefer to leave port earlier and have more time to reposition if necessary. I've never been to Mazatlán. Do they get the day time onshore winds and low coastal cloud cover like some other coastal cities?

Everytime I have been to Mazatlan it has been clear.  I am wrong about the time, I was looking at the universal clock, above poster is right.  I thought the prices were super good. They will definitely go up.

Edited by Level six
  • Like 1

Just now, 1emerald1 said:

I'm booked!  And I got the cabin I wanted!

Yay! I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow. My TA has our list of preferred cabins in order of preference. After yesterday when Princess cancelled my two 5-day B2B cruises on the Diamond for my 40th b-day I would like a win. 🙂 

• Like 1

Googled the timing of the eclipse:

============================

The Great North American Total Solar Eclipse of 2024 will occur on April 8, 2024, starting in Mazatlán, Mexico, at 10:51 a.m. local time.

My booking shows this information:

image.png.3ad2c4d08b2288e34ed1a7b0cc264bfe.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

Yay! I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow. My TA has our list of preferred cabins in order of preference. After yesterday when Princess cancelled my two 5-day B2B cruises on the Diamond for my 40th b-day I would like a win. 🙂 

I looked at a variety of cabins just to see what was open, and I think your chances of getting what you want are pretty good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetilidrop said:

Eclipse day is April 8, 2024!

Mazatlan is very well-placed, and will be an excellent place to see totality! The total eclipse begins just before 12:07:30pm MDT, and people in the downtown area will see about 4m 15s of totality.

Sorry for caps. I copied and pasted and letters were not that big.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Googled the timing of the eclipse:

The Great North American Total Solar Eclipse of 2024 will occur on April 8, 2024, starting in Mazatlán, Mexico, at 10:51 a.m. local time.

My booking shows this information:

image.png.3ad2c4d08b2288e34ed1a7b0cc264bfe.png

See you on board!

On 2/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, sandyoftheseas said:

In Nov 2012 we took an Australian cruise on Princess that was a total solar eclipse cruise.  The eclipse was one of the highlights much better than the Great Barrier Reef tour!  I was surprised that the ship did not have souvenir glasses to buy.  I purchased 100 pair on amazon and gave them out at the CC meet and greet ( I had told them on the roll call I would have them) We got notification from a crew member that the people on land in  Port Douglas were unable to see the eclipse due to cloud cover but the captain was able to position the ship where we could see it clearly.  I highly recommend an eclipse cruise, it was a little more expensive but well worth it.  

We were all given special glasses from Princess when we were in Asia Dec 2019  -  it was an amazing experience  Annular Solar Eclipse 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puggymom said:

I just booked this too. Very (pleasantly) surprised at the fares, thought they would be higher for a special cruise as this. 

I booked one of our favorite M6 minis at what I think is a great price for this special cruise. I had already shopped prices on the small ship, specialty cruises and those were way more than I wanted to pay.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I booked one of our favorite M6 minis at what I think is a great price for this special cruise. I had already shopped prices on the small ship, specialty cruises and those were way more than I wanted to pay.

I booked a mini too, such a small increase over a regular or deluxe balcony.    

• Like 1

I’ve been bugging my CVP since I returned from the 2017 total eclipse in Oregon to keep telling anyone at Princess who would listen to make sure they did an eclipse cruise. 
He really came through on our booking. There’s only 2 of the cabin I wanted on Discovery and he was able to get one for me. We also booked the 3 day cruise before this for a total of 13 days. 

The next total eclipse in North America is August 12 2045.  

So who’s going to start the roll call?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

If you’re interested in M108 email me at jacqueline dot faris at yahoo

31 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

If you’re interested in M108 email me at jacqueline dot faris at yahoo

We had M108 on the Royal some years back. It was great! We missed out on both the two of these on Marina and got 2nd choice L107. Much smaller balcony but same great cabin layout. I'm happy with this. 😃

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We had M108 on the Royal some years back. It was great! We missed out on both the two of these on Marina and got 2nd choice L107. Much smaller balcony but same great cabin layout. I'm happy with this. 😃

Okay. I put a hold on m108 (my second choice) as I wasn’t sure if my CVP would be able to get my first choice, S310 or if the price for it would be within the range of what we considered reasonable.  My CVP did get S310 and the price did fall in the range we’d pay so M108 is going to get released in the next couple of days.  My CVP will call me either Thursday or Friday to finalize all my bookings and at that time the M108 will be released. 
Boy yesterday was a crazy day. 

A word of warning to y'all: We booked yesterday in a specific cabin. The travel summary I saved off last night moved us down a deck, from Baja to Caribe. It was effectively the same cabin so no harm no foul. However this morning, we were now moved from port to starboard (increased the cabin number by one). Still no harm, no foul as it's still really the same cabin. But, just like in basketball, if this keeps up, a foul will eventually be called!

Two unrequested cabin changes in two days - be aware!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Okay. I put a hold on m108 (my second choice) as I wasn’t sure if my CVP would be able to get my first choice, S310 or if the price for it would be within the range of what we considered reasonable.  My CVP did get S310 and the price did fall in the range we’d pay so M108 is going to get released in the next couple of days.  My CVP will call me either Thursday or Friday to finalize all my bookings and at that time the M108 will be released. 
Boy yesterday was a crazy day. 

Gah! M108 would be ideal! We got R432. Club Class Mini with a slightly larger balcony but wasn't my top choice. All my favorite cabins were booked already by the time I remembered to check this morning.