Speciality reservations - Vista?

Muckyduckway

From Cruise Critic News:  La Reserve, the restaurant dedicated to food and wine-paired meals on Marina and Riviera, will not be present on the Allura-class ships -- but the special menus, including the Dom Perignon one -- will be available as options in La Prive, the ship's private dining experience.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jjeffjb said:

From Cruise Critic News:  La Reserve, the restaurant dedicated to food and wine-paired meals on Marina and Riviera, will not be present on the Allura-class ships -- but the special menus, including the Dom Perignon one -- will be available as options in La Prive, the ship's private dining experience.

Sad news indeed!

• Like 1

I find this disappointing as well.  Does this mean that La Reserve dinners might be offered more frequently since the number of diners will be far less?  And if so, then what happens to those smaller groups who want to dine in Prive?

Doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

Ever since La Reserve was available, we'd dine there at least once on a cruise.  Doesn't look like we'll be able to do that in the future.  At least NOT on the new ships.

Mura

11 hours ago, Mura said:

I find this disappointing as well.  Does this mean that La Reserve dinners might be offered more frequently since the number of diners will be far less?  And if so, then what happens to those smaller groups who want to dine in Prive?

Doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

Ever since La Reserve was available, we'd dine there at least once on a cruise.  Doesn't look like we'll be able to do that in the future.  At least NOT on the new ships.

Mura

Mura;

I believe you are misreading the statement. I believe it says there will be no La Reserve on the new ships. For those booking Privee ( currently at $300) the La Reserve menus , including Dom Perignon, will be available in addition to the regular PG/Toscana menus.

What is implicit in this that those La Reserve menus will come with an additional fee. Therefore, if you have a party of ten, the cost of the LaReserve meal just increased by $30. For a $100 menu, that’s a 30% price hike. For the $300+ Dom Perignon dinner, it’s a 10% hike.

Likewise guessing that everyone in the Party would probably have to do the LR dinner.

11 hours ago, Mura said:

The way I am reading it   & I could be wrong 

If people  book Privee  they can do the Dom Perignon menu  (for  a fee)  that was offered in La reserve   as an option to the other menus offered in Privee

I guess time will tell what Oceania  has in mind

Remember when  they first started with Privee it was $1000  & you got to choose  a special menu with the Chef 

I guess that did not fly as well as expected & they lowered the fee & just have food from Polo & Toscana

We're doing La Reserve on Christmas Eve on the Marina this year. Will miss it on our booked Vista cruises. 

What is interesting is the new emphasis on 'catering' to groups. The new Culinary Center dining room. The new meeting-board room. The Lynq Computer Center's group classes on applications like video editing.

Converting the La Reserve space used only on some evenings into the Aquamar breakfast and lunch dining center also gives more opportunities and will further reduce the limited crowding sometimes experienced at the other restaurants. I guess this is what Oceania means by "Reimagining" their already wonderful cruise experience

• 2 months later...

Would like to know about the apparent limitations on booking specialty restaurants on the Vista. For the Marina and Riviera you are allowed advance online bookings of all four restaurants. We have four bookings on the Vista. All of them show the number and date of bookings, but only for Toscana and Polo. Red Ginger (our favorite) and the new Ember are not included. 

Does anyone have info about this?

4 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

Would like to know about the apparent limitations on booking specialty restaurants on the Vista. For the Marina and Riviera you are allowed advance online bookings of all four restaurants. We have four bookings on the Vista. All of them show the number and date of bookings, but only for Toscana and Polo. Red Ginger (our favorite) and the new Ember are not included. 

Does anyone have info about this?

I honestly believe no one on CC has a clue. At this point, if you utilized a professional Travel Agent it is best to direct the question to them so to get an answer from the higher echelons. I seriously doubt you’ll get an accurate answer from calling Oceania directly. 

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I honestly believe no one on CC has a clue. At this point, if you utilized a professional Travel Agent it is best to direct the question to them so to get an answer from the higher echelons. I seriously doubt you’ll get an accurate answer from calling Oceania directly. 

Thanks. My TA has asked but told it's probably a computer glitch. Don't think that's it. We'll be on the Marina in 55 days for a month and hope to find out then.

1 hour ago, ChadnKate said:

Thanks. My TA has asked but told it's probably a computer glitch. Don't think that's it. We'll be on the Marina in 55 days for a month and hope to find out then.

The reservation is is limited to the Vista.  All 4 specialties on the Riviera and the Marina are available for pre booking. Some time back, folks in the know said that O's management has not decided about advance reservations on the Vista for Red Ginger or the Embers. It's not a computer glitch as the invoices also say the only Toscana and the Polo Grill will be open for pre-booking.

Edited by 1985rz1

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

The reservation is is limited to the Vista.  All 4 specialties on the Riviera and the Marina are available for pre booking. Some time back, folks in the know said that O's management has not decided about advance reservations on the Vista for Red Ginger or the Embers. It's not a computer glitch as the invoices also say the only Toscana and the Polo Grill will be open for pre-booking.

Wish they’d hurry up and decide. We booked Vista’s 4th voyage which is now the maiden voyage!  Venice/Trieste to Athens.
We’ve booked our 12 reservations for our upcoming Marina cruise. Miami to Buenos Aires. With 10 at sea/river days we’re going to get a lot of Big O points. Do a lot of exercising to work off all that wonderful food. Yum. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

Wish they’d hurry up and decide. We booked Vista’s 4th voyage which is now the maiden voyage!  Venice/Trieste to Athens.

Can you book this far in advance for the VISTA cruise?

Would  they not still have bookings starting at 90 days prior  or has that changed?

• Like 1

This will not be popular but there are indications of a dumbing-down of the “finest cuisine at sea” on Vista.

- lunch offered at some specialty restaurants, change from Jacques to Embers, change to La Reserve?, lack of availability for booking specialty restaurants, short order open grill specialty restaurant, change of champagne pairing from Dom Perignon to Moët & Chandon, gimmick drinks at bars

Now maybe this is all coincidental and all will be resolved shortly

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Can you book this far in advance for the VISTA cruise?

Would  they not still have bookings starting at 90 days prior  or has that changed?

If you book the Owners Suite you can book upon paying in full.  Alas, not us. We are at 75 days. Other categories at 60 and 45 days.

Just a little OCD here.  Like to plan.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Robjame said:

change of champagne pairing from Dom Perignon to Moët & Chandon... 

I may have missed this change! Of course Dom is a Moët & Chandon label. Is O switching the dinner libation or just changing the citation format? We will all have fun investigating when Vista launches :)