Selecting our first tranatlantic for October

blueskadoo

1 hour ago, MarKay525 said:

Jim - so glad that Iain persisted to get you on that first cruise. You are such a wealth of cruising information and always so willing to share your knowledge. Not to mention, a total gentleman!

I, too, want to thank you for all of your posts.  I am somewhat new to cruising and I have more canceled cruises than those that have been taken.  When I see that you have begun or answered a thread I immediately open it as I know that your post will be informative, interesting (love those pics) and kind.  I am somewhat intimidated to ask or comment b/c of the sometimes snarky responses I may get in turn.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

Okay everyone....I "think" there may be a room coming available on Reflection with a Barcelona-FLL itinerary. Any thoughts on that one vs Connie? 

Ship wise hands down the Reflection. I'm on the Reflection now and the ship is immaculate and in prestine condition,just beautiful all over. Itinerary wise that depends on several factors. Where in Europe have you been and not been? Do you plan to spend additional time post cruise visting the disembarkation city and/or other cities in Europe? The Reflection visits several different countries while the Connie is Spain-centric. So it depends on which itinerary has stops you're more interested in seeing. Either way,you should spend several days post cruise touring if your schedule allows it. 

Edited by kwokpot

I finally talked my DW in to trying a Transatlantic cruise. I served in the Navy on an Aircraft Carrier back in the '60's and spent a great deal of time at sea. My DW has never been away from sight of land more than three days. She was afraid of bored for such a long time. She finally listened to friends from our last two cruises and decided to go for it! 

We are booked AQUA on the Edge Westbound Transatlantic Rome to Ft. Lauderdale leaving October 24th.Flying over to Rome few days early and just relaxing and taking in the sights leisurely! We would have gotten a suite but all showed sold out. I believe this to be true since many on this cruise roll call are in suites. Normally, the TA's will hold the cabins until just before final payment and then release them back to Celebrity.

1 hour ago, blueskadoo said:

Okay everyone....I "think" there may be a room coming available on Reflection with a Barcelona-FLL itinerary. Any thoughts on that one vs Connie? 

Depends on cabin.  Last I looked early in the week, one accessibility SS had magically reappeared for Reflection for our cruise (we are on that one). 

We really wanted one last Barcelona run but if we could have scored a RS on Connie out of Barcelona (not an option, obviously), we'd have booked it instead.  Probably would have been cheaper, too.

2 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

Take the Reflection one....I'll be seeing you (possibly) as DW and I are in an aft SS on that cruise...

Just now, blueskadoo said:

One last question…how hard is it to switch cruises? Example…we book reflection and then a RS opens on Shilouette, could we switch? 

Use a TA, it will make any changes much easier

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, Airbalancer said:

People stay away from TAs , to many people are booking them ! 
the prices are increasing 

I miss the days of booking a balcony for $600 for the cruise 🤣

As Yogi Berra was reported to say about a popular New York restaurant, "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

Thank you so much everyone!! We pulled the trigger and got an S1 gty sky suite for the reflection. I think that’s a good one (the s1). First time transatlantic and first time in a suite. Woohoo! 

Will also see you there...

• Like 1