Metal Detectors to Board

One member of our group has had several leg surgeries a couple of years ago, and is left with some "pins and plates". I'm sure we will have to pass through a metal detector. Will this be a problem when we board tomorrow?  Do we need some kind of "proof" of what is setting off the detector?

7 hours ago, D4 said:

DH had both knees replaced.  He always sets them off.  They have him step aside and wand him.

Agree completely...DH has had one knee replaced a year ago and so this is all new to us him setting off the alarms. Probably the worst has been at the airports...so much for our TSA/Global Entry...but on the other hand I sail through.

I have metal hips and opt for the body scanner if it is available at airports. The metal detectors on the ships are set at lower sensitivity and I am used to breezing through them. I forget what port we were at, when I was collecting my things. 

Security was sort of saying loudly, "Ma'am, Ma'am! And I stopped. They said, you set off the alarm. It was a very quiet alarm. So, DH collected our things and they wanded me, and then decided to do explosives check with the swabs. 

No big deal. I always seem to end up in the fish tank in California airports while they wait for a female TSA agent to pat me down after I set off regular metal detectors. According to TSA, the titanium replacements don't generally set them off, but sometimes they do. Pins and plates, I have no idea. :classic_smile: