Was anyone booked on a St Petersburg Cruise?

On 3/6/2022 at 11:57 PM, Jimbo said:

Curious why your Junior Suite was a $1000 deposit and not like the $500 deposit that we have on our Owners Suite for Wonder that we most likely are going to cancel? Someone is going to be super excited to get our OS.

I really dont remember why we paid $1000 deposit but happy to say we received our full refund to amex yesterday!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Our 11 day Voyager had an overnight, So we get a few more stops. Laura wasn't thrilled with St Pete anyway, so a win for her. We lost a sea day, but added 3 ports.

Screenshot_20220313-070211_Outlook.thumb.jpg.c12a243c87d14a00286aa49b7b8e707c.jpg

This is the cruise we cancelled last week.  Sorry we wont to get meet you, Ken, Rory, etc.   And join in your birthday celebration😔

I do like the new itinerary!

Edited by Sunshine3601

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is the cruise we cancelled last week.  Sorry we wont to get meet you, Ken, Rory, etc.   And join in your birthday celebration😔

I do like the new itinerary!

I think Rory may bail as well. 😪

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HUNKY said:

On the July 24th, no refund for the SPB shorex.  No excursions for Riga or Gdańsk are available yet either. 

I can't comment on Gdansk but I believe in Riga the ship docks about a 10 minute walk from the old town. You could easily spend a day exploring it and the Art Nouveau district on your own.

There is also a beach nearby, Jumala I think it is, which is a quick train journey away if you were docked over night and had two days.. We were there the end of February so too cold to visit the beach , we had snow and rivers were frozen but its a great place and the people are really friendly.

Edited by Tin can

10 hours ago, Tin can said:

I can't comment on Gdansk but I believe in Riga the ship docks about a 10 minute walk from the old town. You could easily spend a day exploring it and the Art Nouveau district on your own.

There is also a beach nearby, Jumala I think it is, which is a quick train journey away if you were docked over night and had two days.. We were there the end of February so too cold to visit the beach , we had snow and rivers were frozen but its a great place and the people are really friendly.

In Riga only smaller ships up to Vision Class size could dock in the City Centre, bigger ones dock about 30 min outside with a long shuttle bus transfer. In Gdansk you dock in a different city called Gdynia which is about an hour away by Taxi or bus transfer

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

In Riga only smaller ships up to Vision Class size could dock in the City Centre, bigger ones dock about 30 min outside with a long shuttle bus transfer. In Gdansk you dock in a different city called Gdynia which is about an hour away by Taxi or bus transfer

Voyager will be docking in Riga center, - following from http://www.latecruisenews.com/2022/03/08/riga-latvia-is-ready-for-new-and-redirected-calls-record-number-of-cruise-ship-calls-is-expected-this-year-at-the-port-of-riga/

Above site states:

"Twelve vessels plan to visit the port of Riga for the first time, including the largest of them – the 15-deck ship Voyager of the Seas of the cruise company Royal Caribbean International. It is 311.1 meters long and can carry more than 3,600 passengers at a time.

The first cruise ship in the port of Riga this season is expected on April 13. It will be the German liner Hamburg of the German cruise company Plantours Kreuzfahrten with about 400 passengers on board.

It is expected that this year we will be able to see bigger ships in Riga than before, and good news are that 25 cruise ships plan to stay in the port of Riga longer – two days. The highest number of expected calls is from the US and German cruise companies."

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

NCL and Princess just canceled their big ships for the Baltic season 2022 Will Voyager be next?

Oh I hope not, planning this trip has been an evolving nightmare, cancellation of the cruise would be heartbreaking 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

i might be wrong but I thought all cruise ships docked at the ferry!cruise port just outside of the city centre.

Its  a 15 min walk from there to the old town at most.

2 minutes ago, Tin can said:

i might be wrong but I thought all cruise ships docked at the ferry!cruise port just outside of the city centre.

Its  a 15 min walk from there to the old town at most.

This would be good and it might have changed. We docked far outside with Serenade some years ago.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:59 AM, John&LaLa said:

Our 11 day Voyager had an overnight, So we get a few more stops. Laura wasn't thrilled with St Pete anyway, so a win for her. We lost a sea day, but added 3 ports.

Screenshot_20220313-070211_Outlook.thumb.jpg.c12a243c87d14a00286aa49b7b8e707c.jpg

Nice Itinerary inc changes, wish was going on this Sailing

• Like 1

REally have my fingers crossed that Voyager isn't moved as I just moved my Baltic cruise back one week and have booked flights on Norwegian Air Line, which I'm not sure I'd be able to move.  I already moved my Ryanair return flight once. 

It's worth noting that NCL had two Baltic ships and still have the Dawn sailing whereas RCI just has Voyager.  I did do a dummy booking on my cruise and there were very few balconies left.  So hope that's the same on the other Baltic cruises for the summer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dritan said:

REally have my fingers crossed that Voyager isn't moved as I just moved my Baltic cruise back one week and have booked flights on Norwegian Air Line, which I'm not sure I'd be able to move.  I already moved my Ryanair return flight once. 

It's worth noting that NCL had two Baltic ships and still have the Dawn sailing whereas RCI just has Voyager.  I did do a dummy booking on my cruise and there were very few balconies left.  So hope that's the same on the other Baltic cruises for the summer. 

But rates for all Voyager 2022 Baltic sailings are still crazy low.