Itinerary for the 24th May Baltic Cruise, or any Later Ones.

tring

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I've had an email from Princess saying that the Enchanted Princess cruises ex Southampton will start at £499 including Princess Plus. Not sure if that is a price for 4 or 7 nights though...

I'd put money on it being a 4 day cruise at that price.

8 minutes ago, Billish said:

I'd put money on it being a 4 day cruise at that price.

Probably but they may be bargain basement prices as these are all new itineraries that start in only two months time...

Just been notified by P&O that the 2 days at SPB on our July 8th Aurora Baltic cruise has been replaced with two days at Helsinki, Finland.

Never been there and there are no tours yet to see on the web-site, so can anyone say whether Helsinki is worth 2 days (or even 1)?

34 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Probably but they may be bargain basement prices as these are all new itineraries that start in only two months time...

I'm sure the prices will be competitive, but even so I can't see a balcony cabin [which the e-mail mentioned] with Princess Plus being available at £499 for 7 days.

If that is the right price, I'll be booking it, regardless of the itinerary ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Just had new itinerary through from our August Britannia Baltic cruise.

They have added Skagen and an overnight in Copenhagen, with a juggle about of dates.

Glad we didn't cancel.

Personally, having been to both ports  I would much prefer an overnight stay in Copenhagen than in St Petersburg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Just had new itinerary through from our August Britannia Baltic cruise.

They have added Skagen and an overnight in Copenhagen, with a juggle about of dates.

Glad we didn't cancel.

When will Britannia be in Stockholm? Thanks!

3 hours ago, bbtablet said:

Just been notified by P&O that the 2 days at SPB on our July 8th Aurora Baltic cruise has been replaced with two days at Helsinki, Finland.

Never been there and there are no tours yet to see on the web-site, so can anyone say whether Helsinki is worth 2 days (or even 1)?

We are also on Aurora's July 8th Baltic cruise but haven't received anything yet from PO.

Is Helsinki for SPB the only change?

We have previously visited Helsinki with PO and whilst it's not SPB (nothing is) we really enjoyed the city. 

Our previous Baltic cruise visited Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallin, SPB, Copenhagen, Skagen and Blankenburge for Brugge... The Finish capital was our favourite port behind SPB. 😀

Considering its only a very short hop from Tallin the two capitals could not be more different if they tried.

3 hours ago, Billish said:

I'm sure the prices will be competitive, but even so I can't see a balcony cabin [which the e-mail mentioned] with Princess Plus being available at £499 for 7 days.

If that is the right price, I'll be booking it, regardless of the itinerary ! 

I was told by someone at Princess today that there would be short cruises ( probably 4 nights) as well as longer ones and that some balcony cabin s were going to be priced at £70 pp per night but that presumably won't be Princess Plus price.Still excellent price

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbtablet said:

Helsinki is lovely. Once, we took a boat ride around the bay, took about one and half hours and was very relaxing. Sibelius Park is nice, as is the Church of the Rock which we visited the first time we went. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ann141 said:

I was told by someone at Princess today that there would be short cruises ( probably 4 nights) as well as longer ones and that some balcony cabin s were going to be priced at £70 pp per night but that presumably won't be Princess Plus price.Still excellent price

I think £499 is for a 4 day Princess Plus package in a balcony cabin.  Great value if you live close to Southampton. 

Personally,  I'm hoping for a fjords cruise in a balcony with  PP at about £120pppn.

17 hours ago, Billish said:

I think £499 is for a 4 day Princess Plus package in a balcony cabin.  Great value if you live close to Southampton. 

Personally,  I'm hoping for a fjords cruise in a balcony with  PP at about £120pppn.

4/5 nights, from £499

7 nights, from £849

11 nights from £1099

14 nights from £1399

All Princess Plus fares in a Balcony Cabin...

10 minutes ago, Britboys said:

4/5 nights, from £499

7 nights, from £849

11 nights from £1099

14 nights from £1399

Yes, thanks, just seen the full itineraries on the Princess forum. £100 pppd, including Princess Plus, in a balcony ( admittedly the cheapest) is a steal !

Plus you would get shareholder obc as well !

Edited by Billish
  • Like 3

On 3/16/2022 at 4:10 PM, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Revised itinerary received for 24 May Baltic on Aurora: lots of changes.

Ports added: Kiel, Klaipėda, Gdynia, Copenhagen and an overnight call to Oslo.

Ports removed: St Petersburg, Tallinn, Riga, Bornholm (was originally Warnemunde), Fredericia.

Ports still included: Gothenburg, Visby, Stockholm.

We are out for the night in Amsterdam, (on an overnight call), and just picked up the changes.  A clear cancel decision for us because we have been to all but one if the new ports, whilst a number of the original ones were new to us.

I am sure we will be able to book something else much cheaper as well, since we did not book when prices were cheap.

Thanks to everyone who has left helpful comments for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tring said:

We are out for the night in Amsterdam, (on an overnight call), and just picked up the changes.  A clear cancel decision for us because we have been to all but one if the new ports, whilst a number of the original ones were new to us.

I am sure we will be able to book something else much cheaper as well, since we did not book when prices were cheap.

Thanks to everyone who has left helpful comments for me.

Life is good here, stumbled across a Bavarian bar in in Amsterdam holding an  Irish night.  Well it is 17 th March. 

Now moved on to the oldest pub in Amsterdam for a hot drink.  May get back to the ship for 11pm, or perhaps not.....

Cheers all, 

Barbara

Edited by tring

6 hours ago, Britboys said:

4/5 nights, from £499

7 nights, from £849

11 nights from £1099

14 nights from £1399

We have decided to book the cruise to the Med at the beginning of July

• Like 2

We are on the 1st May sailing on Arcadia and have been notified of the replacement ports for SPB on the cruise (Stockholm and Riga).

No real issues with these changes apart from the slight nervousness about the eastern Baltic states if there is any further escalation to Mr Putin's territorial expansion plans.

Just out of interest I have been following some of the Viking Cruise threads on Facebook and have picked up that they are offering compensation ($250pp) and a 10% discount on future cruises to those affected by the removal of SPB from their Viking Homelands itinerary.

I know it's unlikely but any hints that P&O might provide a modest sweetener to those affected by the SPB removal. A bit of OBC might help matters - and since it will eventually feed back to P&O, is probably not too much of a hit for them.

Edited by arlowood
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Just out of interest I have been following some of the Viking Cruise threads on Facebook and have picked up that they are offering compensation ($250pp) and a 10% discount on future cruises to those affected by the removal of SPB from their Viking Homelands itinerary.

I know it's unlikely but any hints that P&O might provide a modest sweetener to those affected by the SPB removal. A bit of OBC might help matters - and since it will eventually feed back to P&O, is probably not too much of a hit for them.

Would be nice to think so, the cabin next to ours is effectively cheaper than when we booked at launch, due to the extra OBC being given at the moment.  We are happy to stay with the cruise, but we probably would not have booked it if SPB wasn't part of the cruise. 

A gesture from P&O cruises to the PAX staying with the cruise would be more than welcome.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, arlowood said:

We are on the 1st May sailing on Arcadia and have been notified of the replacement ports for SPB on the cruise (Stockholm and Riga).

No real issues with these changes apart from the slight nervousness about the eastern Baltic states if there is any further escalation to Mr Putin's territorial expansion plans.

I have asked p&o by messenger if there is any incentive to re book instead of claim a refund and await a reply.......

• Like 1