**** DOB issue ***

el Heffrey

Help!!

Anyone ever run into DOB issues? I just found out last night that my cruise ticket has the wrong month for DOB, it says Mar, and it should say May. The problem i am having is that i booked through a 3rd party so Carnival cant help. Ive contacted the 3rd party and they said that they are working on it but cant guarantee itll be fixed in time..... what does that mean? what do i do? Im sooo stressed, we set sail this Saturday out of Long Beach, 3/12/22. Do i risk it and just show up hoping itll get fixed or that they wont even notice it?????

I would go,  Carnival will have agents on the ground that are higher level employees. I'm pretty sure that they will be able to help you out and get you processed to board. Keep bugging the third party vendor as well and next time book direct. I did a third party travel agent booking and won't do it again for this exact reason and similar issue. Good luck, hope you get to cruise! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

So I'm assuming you can't access your booking yourself online on the Carnival site? If you can, this is easily corrected. I'm sorry this happened! 

Yea, it won't let me edit my birthdate, I can edit address and phone and other stuff, just not DOB.

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I would go,  Carnival will have agents on the ground that are higher level employees. I'm pretty sure that they will be able to help you out and get you processed to board. Keep bugging the third party vendor as well and next time book direct. I did a third party travel agent booking and won't do it again for this exact reason and similar issue. Good luck, hope you get to cruise! 

Yea, this is the first time I've done 3rd party. All 7 of my past cruises was direct through Carnival. The reason it's a third party, I joined a cruise membership club that has saved me a bunch of money, 50% to be exact. But I'm not liking the headache that has come with it. I'm showing up and storming the gates 🤪😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, el Heffrey said:

Yea, this is the first time I've done 3rd party. All 7 of my past cruises was direct through Carnival. The reason it's a third party, I joined a cruise membership club that has saved me a bunch of money, 50% to be exact. But I'm not liking the headache that has come with it. I'm showing up and storming the gates 🤪😆

If it were me, I'd do the same! Good luck, hope everything works out well for you. I have a feeling it will. They'll have someone who can help you with this, it's obviously a clerical error and you'll be able to easily prove what you need to, to sail. Let us know what happens. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

If you are not able to correct it before you arrive at the pier, when your travel ID is swiped/scanned at check-in, it may alert, which will pause your embarkation process.  If that happens, you may have to see the Pier Coordinator at the Guest Services counter. 

If it is as you state,  a simple error in your birth month, but everything else lines up with your passport or state issued birth certificate & photo ID (exp: March 12, 1980 instead of May 12, 1980), then the Pier Coordinator may be able to correct it.  It is also possible that the Ship's Documentation Officer may have to approve it as well.

Hope it all works out for you.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

If you are not able to correct it before you arrive at the pier, when your travel ID is swiped/scanned at check-in, it may alert, which will pause your embarkation process.  If that happens, you may have to see the Pier Coordinator at the Guest Services counter. 

If it is as you state,  a simple error in your birth month, but everything else lines up with your passport or state issued birth certificate & photo ID (exp: March 12, 1980 instead of May 12, 1980), then the Pier Coordinator may be able to correct it.  It is also possible that the Ship's Documentation Officer may have to approve it as well.

I was hoping you would chime in. It is good to know that there would be someone available to help rectify the issue.  I would also show up and hope for the best, especially if the trip to the port had been paid for (i.e. air fare). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Homosassa said:

I wonder if the difference in the cruise ticket and the ID documentation will cause a problem with the required submission of the passenger manifest to Homeland Security (? - agency ?)?

I would think that by the time the final manifest is submitted the error would be corrected. I am of course assuming that a final manifest is submitted once all of the passengers are checked in onboard.

14 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Thank you for posting first hand knowledge. Have you personally ever had a situation like this come up?

If you have cruised with carnival before the DOB is actually stored in your VIFP account. The information MUST be updated in the VIFP account before it will reflect the update for the booking. Only you can make changes to the VIFP account, the TA (or whichever 3rd party) generally doesn't have the capability in the travel agent website to edit VIFP account information.

That being said, a good TA would be happy to take time and sit on hold for you and get it taken care of. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I would think that by the time the final manifest is submitted the error would be corrected. I am of course assuming that a final manifest is submitted once all of the passengers are checked in onboard.

A manifest is submitted 72? 48? 24? (don't remember the time period) hours ahead of boarding for clearance.

It is an error on this first manifest for clearance that might flag a problem for passenger boarding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

A manifest is submitted 72? 48? 24? (don't remember the time period) hours ahead of boarding for clearance.

It is an error on this first manifest for clearance that might flag a problem for passenger boarding.

Yes, an initial manifest is submitted 48 hours prior to sailing but as I understand it CBP doesn't actually check the passengers data until the sailing has left. Why would they check a bunch of people who may not show up? Once the ship has sailed they have all of the relevant data for running the checks they need to run, including exactly which documents were submitted at boarding. In any event if the DOB is different between the booking and the ID presented the staff in the terminal will easily pick this up without needing anyone to flag anything beforehand. Then the fun will begin with trying to get the change made before the ship leaves.

Well, the 3rd party took care of it!! I am so excited! In just a few short days my belly will be full from a Guy's Burger (maybe 2) 🤣 Thanks all for the great info! It definitely was a clerical error, im thinking that since the cruise was for Mar, and my birth month was May, they just had Mar on their mind. Once they corrected it, it even synced with my VIFP#. It was nerve racking because there were no changes I could do on my part, even going through my Carnival profile, DOB was correct on that side..... Oh well, its all taken care of.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, el Heffrey said:

Well, the 3rd party took care of it!! I am so excited! In just a few short days my belly will be full from a Guy's Burger (maybe 2) 🤣 Thanks all for the great info! It definitely was a clerical error, im thinking that since the cruise was for Mar, and my birth month was May, they just had Mar on their mind. Once they corrected it, it even synced with my VIFP#. It was nerve racking because there were no changes I could do on my part, even going through my Carnival profile, DOB was correct on that side..... Oh well, its all taken care of.

Thanks for the update and so glad they got it taken care of. That first drink of the day will taste so much sweeter. Bon Voyage!

• 9 months later...

I have been there done that. I didn't realize it was wrong until we were at the terminal. They fixed it there for me.

Unfortunately, that is the issue with booking with any kind of third party/travel agent. They have to be the point of contact.

Edited by Gamecock_Cruiser

I entered my wife's birthday wrong when I booked the cruise on Carnival.com.  No issue at checkin but when we got our room keys, mine was platinum and hers was not. Then she was unable to log in on the onboard app.  Once she tried the most obvious date transposition, she was able to log in using the mistaken date I had used. That was the first time we realized the error that had been made.  we went to guest services and explained that it was our error. The man there corrected it in the computer and issued a new sail and sign card in platinum.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 2:52 PM, el Heffrey said:

Help!!

Anyone ever run into DOB issues? I just found out last night that my cruise ticket has the wrong month for DOB, it says Mar, and it should say May. The problem i am having is that i booked through a 3rd party so Carnival cant help. Ive contacted the 3rd party and they said that they are working on it but cant guarantee itll be fixed in time..... what does that mean? what do i do? Im sooo stressed, we set sail this Saturday out of Long Beach, 3/12/22. Do i risk it and just show up hoping itll get fixed or that they wont even notice it?????

If your Travel agent  can't promise to get it fixed sounds like you need a new one.  Not that that helps at this point.

• 9 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, el Heffrey said:

Help!!

So what ended up happening? Were you able to get it fixed?

36 minutes ago, jameslee said:

So what ended up happening? Were you able to get it fixed?

On 3/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, el Heffrey said:

Yes they did get it fixed

• 3 weeks later...