Simply Sailing Rate

aquashores

We are Elite members but haven't sailed since the Pandemic.  I recently completed an online booking for a sky suite on Summit with a third party booking engine. I never do this as I prefer to speak to a helpful agent.  The rate was very good but I've just learned it's a deeply discounted rate with no perks (no drink package, wifi or OBC). I had wrongly assumed that a Suite booking automatically came with those perks

To cruisers who've purchased wifi and drinks packages seperately , could you please advise if I should do this before the cruise or once on board? I understand we'll have access to the bar in the Retreat but we also like to enjoy a few drinks with our meals. Thank you in advance to all replies.

The internet packages are discounted (10% I believe) in your Cruise Planner pre cruise.  As a Elite you get a 30% discount on internet packages however you do have to call to purchase in order to get the Elite discount.

The Premium Beverage package with the 20% gratuity added is $82.80 pp per day.

Captains Club Elite get a 10% discount on upgrading the Classic pkg to Premium but I’m not sure if the discount can be applied to the purchase.

Is it too late to cancel your booking or upgraded your booking to aAI rate?

Purchasing the Premium Beverage package, Stream wi-fi &  daily gratuties  will add about $125 pp per day to the cost. 

Thanks Jelayne for your response.

Yes it’s too late to change my booking, in fact the site took the whole payment amount despite the appearance of a 100$ deposit. The trip is over 4 months away. I will never book with them again.

I’m so excited to be able to cruise again and just trying to find the most reasonable way of paying for these perks!

As Elite you get 90 minutes free internet.  Possibly getting just 1 internet package vs 2 is an option. Multiple people or devices can be used with 1 package but only 1 can be logged in at a time.  
The 1 time we cruised in a suite without a beverage package we purchased a wine package to use at dinner, got water, soda and beer for the suite from the Retreat Lounge and paid for the occasional drink from the Martini Bar and Sunset bar. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aquashores said:

Thanks Jelayne for your response.

Yes it’s too late to change my booking, in fact the site took the whole payment amount despite the appearance of a 100$ deposit. The trip is over 4 months away. I will never book with them again.

I’m so excited to be able to cruise again and just trying to find the most reasonable way of paying for these perks!

What is the date of your cruise?  Is it past the actual Final Payment due date?  120 days away?

10 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

What is the date of your cruise?  Is it past the actual Final Payment due date?  120 days away?

3rd party booking sites/TAs have their own T&Cs and don't necessarily follow the deposit and final payment model.

6 hours ago, aquashores said:

We are Elite members but haven't sailed since the Pandemic.  I recently completed an online booking for a sky suite on Summit with a third party booking engine. I never do this as I prefer to speak to a helpful agent.  The rate was very good but I've just learned it's a deeply discounted rate with no perks (no drink package, wifi or OBC). I had wrongly assumed that a Suite booking automatically came with those perks

To cruisers who've purchased wifi and drinks packages seperately , could you please advise if I should do this before the cruise or once on board? I understand we'll have access to the bar in the Retreat but we also like to enjoy a few drinks with our meals. Thank you in advance to all replies.

This is somewhat surprising as X recently elected end the simply sail rate, maybe you did get yourself an outstanding deal.  Pure coincidental speculation but there was a hot thread on here about someone complaining that drinks weren't included in the retreat and magically simply sailing was removed.

I phoned celebrity and they told me that what I actually purchased was a “net rate”..thru my airline's vacation website..I sail on July 31

I will probably use the retreat lounge and just purchase a wine package for dinners..I only drink water during the day

23 minutes ago, aquashores said:

I phoned celebrity and they told me that what I actually purchased was a “net rate”..thru my airline's vacation website..I sail on July 31

I will probably use the retreat lounge and just purchase a wine package for dinners..I only drink water during the day

You can carry onto the ship two bottles of wine, you're only charged a corkage fee if you bring them to a dining venue.  If you're traveling with another, you can each carryon two bottles if while in the ship terminal XRay line you both act like solos.

Mind sharing which airline you booked through?  Assuming you like the rate without AI you may want to book additional sailings because the the non-AI rate could disappear.

As Elite members we were able to each get 4 drinks per day-it was not at a specific time or place-anywhere on the ship and again at any time.  That was in October/November.  I don't know for sure, but I believe that is still the same.  

That’s interesting as the CaptIns Club Elite free drinks are unlimited # between 5-7 .  Are you possibly thinking of Royal where depending on your C&W status you get a specific number of drinks per day that you can use anytime that day ?

You do not cruise until July 31 and you had to make the full final payment this week?  And you cannot cancel?

You can always take a glass of wine with you from Retreat Lounge to Luminae as well.

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

That’s interesting as the CaptIns Club Elite free drinks are unlimited # between 5-7 .  Are you possibly thinking of Royal where depending on your C&W status you get a specific number of drinks per day that you can use anytime that day ?

Agreed. Just off Constellation and drinks were unlimited between 5-7 pm. We always got wine to take to dinner. 

12 hours ago, CruiseFanII said:

Don’t forget about the elite happy hour drinks from 5 to 7 - unlimited, served in most bars (I don’t think the specialty drinks at the martini bar are included, just the normal happy hour menu)

Can you get happy hour drinks in the dinning rooms?