Scallops appetizer in Cosmopolitan on the Apex replaced?

LambChopFiend

23 minutes ago, LambChopFiend said:

I noticed that the app menu just removed the scallops and replaced it with seared calamari, shrimp, and mussels. Anyone sail recently on the Apex who noticed this at Cosmopolitan?

My App says they are putting the finishing touches on my March 26th cruise...maybe they are shopping for Scallops.  

6 hours ago, LambChopFiend said:

I noticed that the app menu just removed the scallops and replaced it with seared calamari, shrimp, and mussels. Anyone sail recently on the Apex who noticed this at Cosmopolitan?

I just noticed this change for our April 23rd sailing, too. I have to say, I am sort of excited to try this!

• Like 1

Cannot blame Celebrity for changes.  Shortages in fish have made prices very high for some fish. For the past year, lobster, scallops, and crab have been in short supply.  Not sure why.  Could be fewer fishing boats or just less fish. Prices of crab have gone crazy. Yesterday, I picked up a can of crab in market..$39.00. That about triple what I paid last year.  Didn’t buy it.  Last summer lobsters in New England prices soared. Most places stopped serving them. Saw on a menu a  Lobster roll for $40.   Absurd. It’s supply and demand.  on some cruises, escargot was replaced with another dish.  There are some fish that are moderately prices…..salmon, cod, haddock, shrimp.  

21 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

My App says they are putting the finishing touches on my March 26th cruise...maybe they are shopping for Scallops.  

I hope they have scallops on March 26. I’m on that cruise also and love scallops. 

Scallops seem to be in very short supply all over and very pricey if you can find them.  In my suburban NJ grocery store, scallops are $34.99/pound.  In the "gourmet" grocery store they were $54.99/pound - although I must admit those looked beautiful.  At those prices, I haven't cooked scallops at home since last summer.

25 minutes ago, baggal said:

Scallops seem to be in very short supply all over and very pricey if you can find them.  In my suburban NJ grocery store, scallops are $34.99/pound.  In the "gourmet" grocery store they were $54.99/pound - although I must admit those looked beautiful.  At those prices, I haven't cooked scallops at home since last summer.

I love the jumbo sea scallops even better than shrimp or lobster. Our local grocery store now sells the never frozen ones for about $35lb up from about $17lb a year ago. Our local Italian Restaurant that has a fabulous jumbo seared sea scallop appetizer hasn't raised the price, but they have gone from 4 scallops to 3 on the dish and they do this very apologetically. Our favorite BBQ place has almost doubled their prices by the pound because brisket prices are up over double in the last 2 years.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:56 PM, LambChopFiend said:

Ewwww.  The new one is not very appetizing.

• Like 1