Samba Grill : Allure

I was looking forward to trying Samba Grill on my upcoming Allure cruise in May. But I just noticed it disappeared from the restaurant list in the app. And if I change the sailing date to the current sailing,  it's gone there as well. Does anyone know if it's no longer being offered? I know it was held in the Solarium Bistro at night, and the app still only shows breakfast and lunch in the bistro. 

It was available in December on Allure.  I have actually mentioned this before - and certainly not challenging anyone's favorable reviews - but I will be a dissenting vote as Samba in two separate experiences on Allure is actually one of our least favorite venues.  IMO a less than stellar attempt at a true high end Brazilian steakhouse.  We typically eat primarily at the specialty venues and have just been disappointed both times with the quality of the product there.  But this is all very subjective and what is good or bad to me makes no difference to anyone else's taste.  So enjoy!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

31 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It was available in December on Allure.  I have actually mentioned this before - and certainly not challenging anyone's favorable reviews - but I will be a dissenting vote as Samba in two separate experiences on Allure is actually one of our least favorite venues.  IMO a less than stellar attempt at a true high end Brazilian steakhouse.  We typically eat primarily at the specialty venues and have just been disappointed both times with the quality of the product there.  But this is all very subjective and what is good or bad to me makes no difference to anyone else's taste.  So enjoy!

you must be a fan of Fogo if you are an Eagles fan.  We only really enjoy my husband's steaks, picanya, rib eyes as he has a giant smoker, rotisserie and Grill.  Plus we are not fans of the chicken and pineapple offerings that are always 1st to fill us up.  That being said, hopefully the Samba will be open in October on the Allure because we got the UDP and would like to go there.  I wish Hooked was there as well as we loved it on the Symphony.

33 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Completely agree with you re: Samba.  When the restaurant first opened, it was a lot of fun - they covered the tables and chairs, had live entertainment and even though the food was always average, at least it was fun to go there.  Now, it is dull AND the food is still average.  I am not a big meat eater so this was never a particularly good choice for me, but for those who know and appreciate a good Brazilian Churrascaria, Samba is likely to be a disappointment.

33 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

you must be a fan of Fogo if you are an Eagles fan.  We only really enjoy my husband's steaks, picanya, rib eyes as he has a giant smoker, rotisserie and Grill.  Plus we are not fans of the chicken and pineapple offerings that are always 1st to fill us up.  That being said, hopefully the Samba will be open in October on the Allure because we got the UDP and would like to go there.  I wish Hooked was there as well as we loved it on the Symphony.

You would be correct.  With two Fogo's within 45 minutes of us, when we want to overindulge in red meat, that would be the choice. And that would be the comparison we - by default - have used.  But we don't often do either one (Fogo or Samba) as a nice quality steak on the grill typically fits the bill!  And would prefer Chops to Samba anyway.  (Giovanni"s has a very good steak also). Agree as well with Hooked - nice venue and would prefer that on Allure to Samba.  Enjoy your October cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

thanks for your review! we have the UDP and just would like to try it. We figure we'll go early, and if it's horrible, Johnny Rockets is always a solution 🙂

14 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

thanks for your review! we have the UDP and just would like to try it. We figure we'll go early, and if it's horrible, Johnny Rockets is always a solution 🙂

LOL, but don't get me wrong, it is not horrible.  IMO it's just not up to par with a higher end Brazilian steakhouse, or some of the other specialty restaurants on board.

27 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

Samba is not showing up on my 4/22 cruise on Allure.

On our December / January Holiday cruise, we had it scheduled pre-cruise and then on Day 1 received a message saying it would not be open that week.  Two days later got a message saying it would now be open and our original reservations remained in tact.

We never were told why but speculated it may have been a lack of reservations (or staffing) thing as we were still fairly early in the restart at that time and the ship only had 2,100 passengers on board.  

If it doesn't show up it could just be an app thing - wait until you are on board to confirm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MiniChunks said:

I'm on Allure 4/30 and it shows up on my desktop, but not on my phone in the app. 

I have a cruise on Allure later in the year and it's the same for me. Not showing on the app, but it is showing in my Cruise Planner to purchase. 

It was open during our cruise last month and it was really good. I do know that before our cruise the app said it was closed, then it disappeared and it appeared again a week or so before our cruise.

15 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

I'm on Allure now and it is not open for this sailing. No explanation/reason given. It was showing as available in the app until we boarded.

Similar to our recent Holiday cruise as mentioned in my prior post.  Maybe it will open later in the week as it did with us.  Keep checking.

7 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

It is showing up for our cruise on 4/2.  We ate there back in November and really enjoyed it.  Although I had a raging case of meat sweats.  So much food but oh so good.

So we are also on the 4/2 sailing and it is currently not listed as an option inside the royal app.  

F57C54F1-4921-42C9-B058-901105158DB4.png