First time in suite…

ozziebound

On 3/27/2022 at 6:57 AM, AF-1 said:

There are some nice perks to being in a suite.  quiet breakfast in crown grill or sabatini's. club class dining;  although Princess should look at other cruise lines and have a dedicated dining room for suite guests. They should also follow Royal Caribbean's lead and have reserved seating at the theater and the pool for suite guests.  All in all its fun

To me that is only good if the reserved section is in the area that I would want to see performances from.

Also, the dedicated dining room for suites on other cruise lines usually have a different meny than the main dining rooms.

On 4/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, caribill said:

To me that is only good if the reserved section is in the area that I would want to see performances from.

Also, the dedicated dining room for suites on other cruise lines usually have a different meny than the main dining rooms.

Thank you for your feedback.  

On 4/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, eamondzhang said:

Thanks 🙂 Guess I'll just show up and see what happens 

Cheers,

Michael

The Thermal Suite is included for Full Suite guests on all ships that have a Thermal Suite.

The Enclave is not included for Suite guests on all ships that have The Enclave. It's very clearly listed on the Suite perks listing at the website.

Coral has a Thermal Suite - it's included for Suite guests. 

(Exception included Regal since cruising began again, the Enclave was given free for suites by Hotel Manager/Concierge - whether that will continue is anyone's guess).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, reedprincess said:

The Thermal Suite is included for Full Suite guests on all ships that have a Thermal Suite.

The Enclave is not included for Suite guests on all ships that have The Enclave. It's very clearly listed on the Suite perks listing at the website.

Coral has a Thermal Suite - it's included for Suite guests. 

(Exception included Regal since cruising began again, the Enclave was given free for suites by Hotel Manager/Concierge - whether that will continue is anyone's guess).

Thank you - that's much clearer! 🙂

Cheers,

Michael

Uh oh… I just noticed this on the suite benefits pdf on the princess site…

It has a little footnote symbol ^ next to the description of the complimentary mini bar setup … 

and ^ means only on voyages of six nights or more! 
Our upcoming sailing is 4 nights! 
many one been in a suite on a short sailing and had a minibar, or not had a minibar? 

thanks! 

Adam

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

It has a little footnote symbol ^ next to the description of the complimentary mini bar setup … 

many one been in a suite on a short sailing and had a minibar, or not had a minibar? 

thanks! 

Adam

we took a 'upsell' to a suite, also 4 day, and got the mini bar.  we also got the specialty dining 'by mistake' when the dine line called us to book, which we did.  At Crown Grill, the M'd informed us no SD comped because of the length - we explained the call - no problem, right this way ... a 'generous tip' was involved after that ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozziebound said:

thanks! 

Adam

Hey,

I am joining you!!

did you book dining or is it automatically assigned for suite guests?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozziebound said:

thanks! 

Adam

We've always received the mini bar on these short repo cruises (and two since we've become elite).  But our last one was pre-covid (2019) so the rules could have changed.

Still watching the May cruise daily for price breaks...so many suites still available, hoping they come down at some point!

Cheers,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozziebound said:

Hi there! I think it’s automatically club class for suite guests 

correct, suite guests are automatically assigned club class dining.  I think until the ships are sailing at 100% capacity, PRINCESS is giving all benefits to suite guests. I took a 5-night cruise to Cabo last winter and we received free dinner in Crown Grill and mini bar.  

• Like 1

@AF-1Do you know if clubclass dining is noted in the dining section of the APP or is it just recognized when you get to the dining room? (Room is noted as "S" in the cruise personalizer online but don't see it noted on the medallion app) Thank you

1 minute ago, LImom said:

@AF-1Do you know if clubclass dining is noted in the dining section of the APP or is it just recognized when you get to the dining room? (Room is noted as "S" in the cruise personalizer online but don't see it noted on the medallion app) Thank you

I do not think it is mentioned in the app; however, there will be a big sign outside one of the main dining rooms (depends on which ship you sail).  There will be a club class hostess there to greet you and take your name.  The head waiter will seat you. On emerald we ate in a section of the DaVinci Dining room.

@AF-1Thank you, I've done clubclass before, just not with the app, so I just wanted to make sure I didnt need to do anything other than showing up at the dining room door.

Edited by LImom
missing word

8 hours ago, LImom said:

I think it's just First Come, first serve in Club class dining.  They should have enough space for all Club Class cruisers to sit and eat at the same time, ergo no need to reserve a a table via the app.

Someone can probably correct me on this, but I think you can only reserve in a table in the MDR, not Club area of MDR.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, ozziebound said:

thanks! 

Adam

I do not see a footnote next to complimentary mini-bar setup in the list of suite amenities.

The footnote for "Applicable on cruises six days or longer" applies to the complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation evening - not to the mini-bar.

3 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

I do not see a footnote next to complimentary mini-bar setup in the list of suite amenities.

The footnote for "Applicable on cruises six days or longer" applies to the complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation evening - not to the mini-bar.

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Unfortunately the official leaflet has that little footnote indicating for voyages of 6 days or longer. Hope its not so, we have 4 B2B, 2 x 3 days ones, 1 x 4 day and a 7 day. Would be nice to have the speciality dinners each embarkation night as well as the mini bar (which for us we will swap to other stuff as we dont drink alcohol but Ive heard they will happily swap to coffeess or juice etc. Same for the half bottles of wine.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:40 AM, ozziebound said:

thanks! 

Adam

I was quite excited myself til I saw the little footnote lol

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf 1.45 MB · 2 downloads

Unfortunately the official leaflet has that little footnote indicating for voyages of 6 days or longer. Hope its not so, we have 4 B2B, 2 x 3 days ones, 1 x 4 day and a 7 day. Would be nice to have the speciality dinners each embarkation night as well as the mini bar (which for us we will swap to other stuff as we dont drink alcohol but Ive heard they will happily swap to coffeess or juice etc. Same for the half bottles of wine.

This is a recent change to the suite flyer. They used to include a mini-bar on all cruises.

Princess is not consistent in their documentation (what a surprise🙂). Under the description of Stateroom Features for a Suite under Accommodations (you have to click on "Show Stateroom Features" to see the list), there is a footnote for complimentary specialty dinner but not for the complimentary mini-bar. That is the page I was looking at when I replied earlier. This is just as official as the PDF leaflet - you could try printing a copy and taking it with you.

I just double checked the Princess Captain's Circle Benefits for Elite. The Elite complimentary mini bar set-up has footnote 15 (For guests 21 and over. Complimentary mini-bar setup is one time only, per Elite stateroom.) Therefore the Elite mini-bar does not have the six days or longer restriction. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to continue to give the mini-bar on short cruises to hundreds of Elites but not to dozens of suites.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Like 2