Merchandise

duquephart

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

What sort of things are typically found in retail shops aboard Viking ocean ships? Sundries? Jewelry? Watches? Etc? Might have to burn through some OBC Viking is throwing around.

Sweaters, scarves, jackets, jewelry, books, games, really cool globes. Lots of stuff.  Don't forget about Spa treatments, massages and spa products too.  Don't think you will have any problem.

Duque, my DW never had a problem finding something.  Found a perfect pearl ring in the jewelers.  It actually matched a set she bought a few years earlier on Seabourn.  Makes me think the shop operators on cruise ships are all related....

• Like 1

We had a load of OBC from our cruise.  By the time things balanced out at the end of the cruise wrt excursions, our bar tab and tips, we had a little over $600 left.  I bought both DH and I a jacket, and ordered a private vehicle to take us from the ship in Valparaiso to our hotel in Santiago.  There was $12 left in the account when we walked off the Jupiter.  
Had we not spent it down, I’d have killed the balance (plus more) on the emerald earrings I was lusting after in the jewelry store.

• Like 2

OBC is of no use to us, the only thing we buy that is not included is the drinks package (and sometimes it is) as we're in the UK gratuities and flights are automatically included on the quoted price. 

We have several HH fleeces and shirts that have proven to be decent quality, also a model of a ship, a bottle of gin and a 'nordic gonk' which was appreciated by toddler grandson

Edited by KBs mum

26 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

Do they have a mens selection on board? I wanted to treat myself to one but thought I would have to find it in Oslo. 

Not sure, as I wasn’t looking for one, but they did have men’s clothing, so it would seem they would have a men’s version.

4 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

Do they have a mens selection on board? I wanted to treat myself to one but thought I would have to find it in Oslo. 

Yes, there are mens sweaters on board.  I have a few, but bought them in Bergen.

Wentworth wooden puzzles are in the gift shops.  The are not really available in the US (expensive to ship from the UK) and a real treat to puzzle aficionados.  There was one of a Viking ship in the Venice grand canal!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, CILCIANRQTS said:

My wife loves her Dale Norwegian sweater! 👍

Does Viking have specially commissioned sweaters from Dale of Norway? Or do they carry sweaters that you would be able to purchase direct from Dale of Norway?

Edited by schnauzerQ
clarity

2 minutes ago, schnauzerQ said:

Does Viking have specially commissioned sweaters from Dale of Norway? Or do they carry sweaters that you would be able to purchase direct from Dale of Norway?

It has a Viking emblem on it - small tasteful patch sewn on near the bottom.
It’s a double zippered sweater ( bottom and top) and split sides.

Looks very nice, and keeps her very warm.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, schnauzerQ said:

Some of the sweaters have a Viking tag on them, but I have seen the same sweaters in Bergen for the same price without the Viking tag on them.

• Thanks 1

They have a selection of Georg Jensen jewelry. I bought a bracelet and it was priced lower than I could buy in US.  

Also--the spa has really nice hair and skin products. You could stock up on that for gifts or personal use.

Alternatively, you can get Roederer Cristal for $175 bottle (with SSBP it is less than $150) served with gratuity. Costs $300+ retail around me.

• Like 2