Navigator LIVE! March 20-April 1

Sunday, we board Navigator in Barbados for one of the Regent 30th Anniversary Cruises.  This will be my first time back on Navigator since fall of 2018.  I have been fortunate to cruise on her for about 200. nights.  So looking forward to getting back on and cruising the Caribbean.  I doubt I will be posting many photos.

If you have any questions regarding Navigator or the voyage, I will do my best to reply.  Others will be on the ship as well, so maybe they will reply here as well.

Beth

• Like 9

Glad  you are going to report on how things are going on the Navigator. We spent 137 wonderful days on her in 2018.  She is one of my all time favorite ships…. a perfect size!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

Thanks, Wes!!

Beth:

If your group is interested, let's try to meet in Galileo's Sunday evening around 6 pm for drinks. Look starboard side for old fat guy sitting with his beautiful trophy wife.  Kyle and Sherry Schultz- Fort Worth, TX   

2 hours ago, Desperate to Sail said:

Beth:

If your group is interested, let's try to meet in Galileo's Sunday evening around 6 pm for drinks. Look starboard side for old fat guy sitting with his beautiful trophy wife.  Kyle and Sherry Schultz- Fort Worth, TX   

Hi Kyle,

Sounds like fun.  Let’s say 6:00-6:30.  There are five of us, 4 females ranging in the 60s-70s age and one guy in his 50s.  See you there.

@Marc,  please post the Navigator questions you had for me.  I’ve forgotten then.

Thanks,

Beth

16 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

@Marc,  please post the Navigator questions you had for me.  I’ve forgotten then.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth, interested in names of GM, CD, ACD, and Social Hostess; and whether any of them will still be onboard for beginning of Grand Arctic.

thanks,

Marc

PS Given that Regent hasn't decided yet what to do with replacement for White/Barent Sea ports, those onboard might find out before we do; so if you hear anything. . . .

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, NCCruzQueen said:

Sunday, we board Navigator in Barbados for one of the Regent 30th Anniversary Cruises.  This will be my first time back on Navigator since fall of 2018.  I have been fortunate to cruise on her for about 200. nights.  So looking forward to getting back on and cruising the Caribbean.  I doubt I will be posting many photos.

If you have any questions regarding Navigator or the voyage, I will do my best to reply.  Others will be on the ship as well, so maybe they will reply here as well.

Beth

Have a great time!! Thank you for being so kind and trying to answer questions.

1.  We will be doing 95 day Grand Voyage in June. If you have time can you please find out how many people are on the GV.  I know the GV has segements but my husband and I really want to know how . are doing the entire 95 days.   I cant get an answer from Regent. 

2.  Any info on current Red wines woukd be greatly appreciated.

We completely understand if you dont have time to answer our question.  Have a super fun time!!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Beth, interested in names of GM, CD, ACD, and Social Hostess; and whether any of them will still be onboard for beginning of Grand Arctic.

thanks,

Marc

PS Given that Regent hasn't decided yet what to do with replacement for White/Barent Sea ports, those onboard might find out before we do; so if you hear anything. . . .

Hey Marc,

I will see what I can find out for you.

6 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Have a great time!! Thank you for being so kind and trying to answer questions.

1.  We will be doing 95 day Grand Voyage in June. If you have time can you please find out how many people are on the GV.  I know the GV has segements but my husband and I really want to know how . are doing the entire 95 days.   I cant get an answer from Regent. 

2.  Any info on current Red wines woukd be greatly appreciated.

We completely understand if you dont have time to answer our question.  Have a super fun time!!!!

@Travelingwithstyle,  I will see what I can find out for you.

I was on a similar Grand Voyage in 2018.  Great trip!

I am one of the others in this group getting on Navigator tomorrow. NCCruzQueen and I frequently share a cabin, but this time we’re each sharing with someone else in our group. Of the 5 of us, 4 of us met on Regent cruises.

We arrived today in Barbados, following an almost-dizzying array of on-line “paper” work. First was the Barbados customs form. Then, after we got our covid tests, came the BIMSafe app for admission to Barbados and the VeriFLY app for boarding American Airlines. Let’s just say that many of the requirements of the forms were ambiguous at best, resulting in multiple failed attempts before success.  Finally, there was the online check-in for American Airlines, which could not be completed until VeriFLY was completed.  And, it turns out, the whole thing crashed. I was the only one of the group of 3 of us flying from RDU who managed to get it done before the crash. But it didn’t matter—all of us had to wait in a lengthy checkin line anyway once we got to the airport. But it was all good, because both flight segments arrived early, and we’re now ensconced in our hotel and, best of all, are GETTING ON NAVIGATOR TOMORROW.

Just so you’re aware if you’re also sailing out of Barbados, the only one of these form completions that is absolutely necessary is the Barbados customs form. VeriFLY makes checkin at AA a lot easier, but if you have paper or (for most items) digital copies of your Barbados customs acceptance, vaccination record, covid test results, and of course passport, you should still be OK.

Same with BIMSafe. BUT, if you have a BIMSafe acceptance, they let you jump to the front of the not-inconsiderable immigration line in Bridgetown.

However, baggage claim is slow, so you’ll wind up waiting somewhere in the airport…..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I am one of the others in this group getting on Navigator tomorrow. NCCruzQueen and I frequently share a cabin, but this time we’re each sharing with someone else in our group. Of the 5 of us, 4 of us met on Regent cruises.

We arrived today in Barbados, following an almost-dizzying array of on-line “paper” work. First was the Barbados customs form. Then, after we got our covid tests, came the BIMSafe app for admission to Barbados and the VeriFLY app for boarding American Airlines. Let’s just say that many of the requirements of the forms were ambiguous at best, resulting in multiple failed attempts before success.  Finally, there was the online check-in for American Airlines, which could not be completed until VeriFLY was completed.  And, it turns out, the whole thing crashed. I was the only one of the group of 3 of us flying from RDU who managed to get it done before the crash. But it didn’t matter—all of us had to wait in a lengthy checkin line anyway once we got to the airport. But it was all good, because both flight segments arrived early, and we’re now ensconced in our hotel and, best of all, are GETTING ON NAVIGATOR TOMORROW.

Just so you’re aware if you’re also sailing out of Barbados, the only one of these form completions that is absolutely necessary is the Barbados customs form. VeriFLY makes checkin at AA a lot easier, but if you have paper or (for most items) digital copies of your Barbados customs acceptance, vaccination record, covid test results, and of course passport, you should still be OK.

Same with BIMSafe. BUT, if you have a BIMSafe acceptance, they let you jump to the front of the not-inconsiderable immigration line in Bridgetown.

However, baggage claim is slow, so you’ll wind up waiting somewhere in the airport…..

This info is SUPER appreciated! I just downloaded the apps to be ready. What Covid test did you go with? I'm scheduled for an rt-pcr 2 days before leaving (and 3 days before cruise leaves) but wondering if I should switch to antigen the day before. Not sure if they prefer one over the other... also when do they scrutinize the test? Is it before the flight or in customs after you get off? I won't have my test results until the night before so I guess I upload my results then?  Thanks again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Granite543 said:

This info is SUPER appreciated! I just downloaded the apps to be ready. What Covid test did you go with? I'm scheduled for an rt-pcr 2 days before leaving (and 3 days before cruise leaves) but wondering if I should switch to antigen the day before. Not sure if they prefer one over the other... also when do they scrutinize the test? Is it before the flight or in customs after you get off? I won't have my test results until the night before so I guess I upload my results then?  Thanks again!

@Granite543,  at the moment, Barbados requires the RT-PRC test for entry if administered  up to three days prior to entry.  We took out tests on Thursday.  This also worked to satisfy Regent’s requirement of a test three days prior to boarding.  

Having completed the BIMSafe app helped get us through the lines a little quicker.  They still wanted to see the paper test results, too.

9 hours ago, Granite543 said:

They have no preference per se, but as NCCruzQueen notes, you need the PCR test within 72 hours. You can have the antigen if done within 24 hours. Note that it’s measured by hours, not days. If your report does not state the time of the test, they assume that it was at 8:00 am. Our report did not state the time, but it was PCR and done 2 days ahead, so we were good. Since most flights from the U.S. arrive in the afternoon or evening, you’d have to have the test late in the day and make sure the time is recorded on the report.

Also, the report needs to contain every piece of information delineated in the instructions. As our latest-arriving group member learned, if it is missing any element, they will require you to take an antigen test upon arrival.

The test is scrutinized both by the airline before boarding and by Customs upon arrival. Because Barbados will give you a test on arrival, the key thing is to meet the requirements sufficiently that the airline won’t deny you boarding. In most countries, if an airline boards someone not qualified for entry into the country, it is the airline’s responsibility to take that person out of the country, and the airline is fined. So the airlines tend to be ultra-careful.

Yes, you upload your results whenever you get them. VeriFLY, if your airline uses that, has a waiting period for review once you upload the test results.  It can range from a few minutes to a couple of hours, but supposedly is generally 15 minutes.  Mine took just a few minutes. Others’ took longer.