Navigator LIVE! March 20-April 1

10 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

They have no preference per se, but as NCCruzQueen notes, you need the PCR test within 72 hours. You can have the antigen if done within 24 hours. Note that it’s measured by hours, not days. If your report does not state the time of the test, they assume that it was at 8:00 am. Our report did not state the time, but it was PCR and done 2 days ahead, so we were good. Since most flights from the U.S. arrive in the afternoon or evening, you’d have to have the test late in the day and make sure the time is recorded on the report.

Also, the report needs to contain every piece of information delineated in the instructions. As our latest-arriving group member learned, if it is missing any element, they will require you to take an antigen test upon arrival.

The test is scrutinized both by the airline before boarding and by Customs upon arrival. Because Barbados will give you a test on arrival, the key thing is to meet the requirements sufficiently that the airline won’t deny you boarding. In most countries, if an airline boards someone not qualified for entry into the country, it is the airline’s responsibility to take that person out of the country, and the airline is fined. So the airlines tend to be ultra-careful.

Yes, you upload your results whenever you get them. VeriFLY, if your airline uses that, has a waiting period for review once you upload the test results.  It can range from a few minutes to a couple of hours, but supposedly is generally 15 minutes.  Mine took just a few minutes. Others’ took longer.

Thanks again for this detailed info! So do you take another test upon arrival regardless, or only if they feel your test isn't up to snuff (via either missing information or bad timing)?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Waiting to hear what ports are being substituted for the three Russian ports now canceled. 

Me too.  Segment appears to be emptying out as result of cancellation of three Russian ports; doesn't justify the cost if only Norwegian cruise.  

We are on board and unpacked.

Boarding was a bit more of a process here, due pretty much entirely to things peculiar to Barbados and/or covid.  There was a long line of vehicles to get into the port area, due pretty much to people not know what they needed or how things worked. Fortunately, our taxi driver was well-versed in the process, so once it was out turn, we breezed through quickly. Essentially, everyone in the car must show their passport and boarding pass. So he made sure we had ours out and ready to go.

The taxi then pulled up to a building, where traffic patterns can best be described as chaotic. The luggage handler then ask what ship you are going to, and then pack up their cart and lead you to your ship’s area. There, someone asks your cabin number, and puts another tag on each bag (yes, even though we’d already tagged each bag with the tags Regent had sent us).  Regent reps then point you to a desk, where the health screening takes place. They ask for your vaccination card and covid test results. You then fill out a short health questionnaire, then are given a paper wristband to show you’ve been cleared. 

You are then asked to have a seat until someone comes by and leads you to the back of the building, where you board a bus (packed to the brim) to go to the ship.  The ship is actually a short walk away, but I guess they don’t want people walking around the port area. You then go right aboard and get handed your champagne. You do have to show your passport on boarding and get your hand luggage scanned.

They then direct you to the card room if you want to check any hand bags, as the cabins were not yet ready (this was around noon). Then off the theater for final check-in, which involved giving them your passport and boarding pass (and photos taken for those who didn’t do this at online checkin).

Then, as you leave the theater, two entertainers are waiting to have you check in for muster, where they give you a short spiel. And that’s it. Time for lunch.

Cabins were ready around 1:00, and luggage made its way there around 2:00.  

Everyone on the staff and crew could not have been more pleasant and welcoming. And lots of old familiar face (or half-faces, given the crew is still masked).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

We are on board and unpacked.

Boarding was a bit more of a process here, due pretty much entirely to things peculiar to Barbados and/or covid.  There was a long line of vehicles to get into the port area, due pretty much to people not know what they needed or how things worked. Fortunately, our taxi driver was well-versed in the process, so once it was out turn, we breezed through quickly. Essentially, everyone in the car must show their passport and boarding pass. So he made sure we had ours out and ready to go.

The taxi then pulled up to a building, where traffic patterns can best be described as chaotic. The luggage handler then ask what ship you are going to, and then pack up their cart and lead you to your ship’s area. There, someone asks your cabin number, and puts another tag on each bag (yes, even though we’d already tagged each bag with the tags Regent had sent us).  Regent reps then point you to a desk, where the health screening takes place. They ask for your vaccination card and covid test results. You then fill out a short health questionnaire, then are given a paper wristband to show you’ve been cleared. 

You are then asked to have a seat until someone comes by and leads you to the back of the building, where you board a bus (packed to the brim) to go to the ship.  The ship is actually a short walk away, but I guess they don’t want people walking around the port area. You then go right aboard and get handed your champagne. You do have to show your passport on boarding and get your hand luggage scanned.

They then direct you to the card room if you want to check any hand bags, as the cabins were not yet ready (this was around noon). Then off the theater for final check-in, which involved giving them your passport and boarding pass (and photos taken for those who didn’t do this at online checkin).

Then, as you leave the theater, two entertainers are waiting to have you check in for muster, where they give you a short spiel. And that’s it. Time for lunch.

Cabins were ready around 1:00, and luggage made its way there around 2:00.  

Everyone on the staff and crew could not have been more pleasant and welcoming. And lots of old familiar face (or half-faces, given the crew is still masked).

Actually that sounds pretty easy and well planned—have a great cruise - looking forward reading about your good times.

It's wonderful to read that you are onboard, and that you will be posting from the Navigator!  The only thing better would be if we were also onboard.

Wishing you, and your travel companions, a fabulous sailing.  Thanks for posting!

I’m on board too, and while I love Navigator, I’m a bit disappointed compared to my last cruise.  When we got to the ship finally (at 4:30), our suite did not have any toilet paper and when I called room service for a snack the person who answered the phone was obviously frustrated I could not understand him (there was a lot of background noise on his end) and he ended up basically yelling at me.  We also had an electrical problem in our suite this evening (the bathroom and closet lights weren’t working at all), although the electrician did get that fixed within the hour.  I know this is only their second cruise with passengers, but am hoping things go smoother tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, LovesPurple said:

I’m on board too, and while I love Navigator, I’m a bit disappointed compared to my last cruise.  When we got to the ship finally (at 4:30), our suite did not have any toilet paper and when I called room service for a snack the person who answered the phone was obviously frustrated I could not understand him (there was a lot of background noise on his end) and he ended up basically yelling at me.  We also had an electrical problem in our suite this evening (the bathroom and closet lights weren’t working at all), although the electrician did get that fixed within the hour.  I know this is only their second cruise with passengers, but am hoping things go smoother tomorrow.

Whoa.  This doesn't sound like Regent at all.  Sorry you are off to a rough start, but as you say, hopefully things will go smoother tomorrow.  Please continue to report.

Apparently, Navigator had a dry dock and a min-dry dock since we were last on her in 2018. Some of the changes we’ve noticed:

-There is now artwork in the cabin hallways. It’s pretty generic stuff (particularly compared to what’s in Explorer’s halls), but still it’s there.

-The bookshelf in the entry halls in the cabins is gone.

-The dressing table is smaller, the mirror now has LED lighting and no wood frame, and the wood of the table itself now matches the rest of the wood in the cabin.

-That mini-dresser they added to the closet after people complained when they removed the drawers in the sitting area is gone. Instead, the bottom three drawers of the dresser have been lengthened.

-The lighting in Compass Rose is vastly improved, and there is new wallpaper.

-There is new furniture and decor in Prime 7. It’s not to my taste, but others may love it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Apparently, Navigator had a dry dock and a min-dry dock since we were last on her in 2018. Some of the changes we’ve noticed:

-There is now artwork in the cabin hallways. It’s pretty generic stuff (particularly compared to what’s in Explorer’s halls), but still it’s there.

-The bookshelf in the entry halls in the cabins is gone.

-The dressing table is smaller, the mirror now has LED lighting and no wood frame, and the wood of the table itself now matches the rest of the wood in the cabin.

-That mini-dresser they added to the closet after people complained when they removed the drawers in the sitting area is gone. Instead, the bottom three drawers of the dresser have been lengthened.

-The lighting in Compass Rose is vastly improved, and there is new wallpaper.

-There is new furniture and decor in Prime 7. It’s not to my taste, but others may love it.

@wishIweretravelling  You obviously have a really sharp memory, to be able to compare and remember so many details after so many years!  I’m impressed!  Thanks for the report...I’m excited to read about Navigator.

Joanie

We were supposed to be on Navigator this past January - had received our bag tags etc and were ready to go until it was cancelled.   Something caught my eye in the "welcome aboard" brochure - that Coffee Connection now had an outdoor seating area?  Or might that have been an editing error....

3 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We were supposed to be on Navigator this past January - had received our bag tags etc and were ready to go until it was cancelled.   Something caught my eye in the "welcome aboard" brochure - that Coffee Connection now had an outdoor seating area?  Or might that have been an editing error....

We thought we’d seen that too. But, no. No outdoor CC seating.

18 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

@wishIweretravelling  You obviously have a really sharp memory, to be able to compare and remember so many details after so many years!  I’m impressed!  Thanks for the report...I’m excited to read about Navigator.

Joanie

By the end of this cruise, I’ll have spent more than 200 nights on Navigator, so I know her well. That being said, there are a number of things I’d forgotten about the ship. Some of those things are mentioned below.

In case anyone hasn’t figured this out yet, my postings are more about the processes and on-board experience than about what I did today, though that obviously will enter into it. I’m a researcher, and like reading up on whatever I can find before embarking a new adventure, so am more or less writing for those like me. And since I know there are friends and future friends on here who have never sailed Regent before, or sailed the newer, larger Regent ships but not Navigator, I’m writing to inform them (as well as those who have been on her before but not recently).

My most recent experience on Regent was Explorer back in November, so I have a recent memory of the newer ships for comparison.

As I’m sure most know, Navigator has a 490 pax max, as opposed to 700-750 on the others, and so has fewer venues and a scaled-down size of others. But it works for this passenger load. For meals, there’s no Pacific Rim or Chartreuse, though items from those menus do turn up in Compass Rose at times. Compass Rose is the sit-down venue for lunch. Prime 7 is next to La Veranda, and if La Veranda is too crowded they open the connecting door and let people sit there for lunch or dinner. Not the Prime7 menu, but from the buffet.

But otherwise, the restaurants here are pretty much the same, food and service - wise, as the other ships. The crew clearly has the same training and expectations across the ships—-what I’d describe as relaxed professionalism. They are friendly and welcoming, but take great pride in doing their jobs well. It’s been so nice to see some old familiar faces and to meet some new additions to the crew. Some of the latter are still on a bit of a learning curve, but quickly adjust and are utterly charming in doing so.

One thing that stands out as different from the Explorer class ships is the pool. I’d forgotten about this, but the pool is not walk-in. You can only exit the pool via fixed pool ladders or lifting yourself out (a thing I could do without second thought when I was younger, but now not so much). So if you have joint pain or flexibility issues, the pool may not be useable for you. As for the jacuzzis, they are plenty hot, but are not in the shade.

Last night’s show was Tuxedo. They did the Captain’s welcome aboard right before that. The show was good, but I’m afraid I, as well as some others, were fighting sleep. I’m going to say that it was people still recovering from the marathon flying it took for most of us to get to Barbados. Because, of course, it can’t be that I’m getting older……

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

By the end of this cruise, I’ll have spent more than 200 nights on Navigator, so I know her well. That being said, there are a number of things I’d forgotten about the ship. Some of those things are mentioned below.

In case anyone hasn’t figured this out yet, my postings are more about the processes and on-board experience than about what I did today, though that obviously will enter into it. I’m a researcher, and like reading up on whatever I can find before embarking a new adventure, so am more or less writing for those like me. And since I know there are friends and future friends on here who have never sailed Regent before, or sailed the newer, larger Regent ships but not Navigator, I’m writing to inform them (as well as those who have been on her before but not recently).

My most recent experience on Regent was Explorer back in November, so I have a recent memory of the newer ships for comparison.

As I’m sure most know, Navigator has a 490 pax max, as opposed to 700-750 on the others, and so has fewer venues and a scaled-down size of others. But it works for this passenger load. For meals, there’s no Pacific Rim or Chartreuse, though items from those menus do turn up in Compass Rose at times. Compass Rose is the sit-down venue for lunch. Prime 7 is next to La Veranda, and if La Veranda is too crowded they open the connecting door and let people sit there for lunch or dinner. Not the Prime7 menu, but from the buffet.

But otherwise, the restaurants here are pretty much the same, food and service - wise, as the other ships. The crew clearly has the same training and expectations across the ships—-what I’d describe as relaxed professionalism. They are friendly and welcoming, but take great pride in doing their jobs well. It’s been so nice to see some old familiar faces and to meet some new additions to the crew. Some of the latter are still on a bit of a learning curve, but quickly adjust and are utterly charming in doing so.

One thing that stands out as different from the Explorer class ships is the pool. I’d forgotten about this, but the pool is not walk-in. You can only exit the pool via fixed pool ladders or lifting yourself out (a thing I could do without second thought when I was younger, but now not so much). So if you have joint pain or flexibility issues, the pool may not be useable for you. As for the jacuzzis, they are plenty hot, but are not in the shade.

Last night’s show was Tuxedo. They did the Captain’s welcome aboard right before that. The show was good, but I’m afraid I, as well as some others, were fighting sleep. I’m going to say that it was people still recovering from the marathon flying it took for most of us to get to Barbados. Because, of course, it can’t be that I’m getting older……

This is really great info and I especially enjoy and benefit from your analytical point of view. Keep it coming! And thanks again!!

Hi all,

I have been busy and know how difficult it is to post from 7:00am - 6:00.  

Here is the wine list.  This is a new way of listing the wines.  Of course if you want a wine on the list and you are in another location,  you can only ask.  They will get it for you.

I will send photos of the outlets in the suites and current office list.  @marc, I will get the answers to your questions.

F5368F90-C741-455B-8DDB-B5B7AB125FF1.thumb.jpeg.12941658f6a5c6a352cfa7d394a0308a.jpegBA7E3918-8129-485C-A16E-0BF5B17C14F0.thumb.jpeg.09b8f6e9dcb6dee5d742bfe01cb0f8e8.jpeg

• Like 6

On 3/20/2022 at 6:39 PM, mariners said:

It's wonderful to read that you are onboard, and that you will be posting from the Navigator!  The only thing better would be if we were also onboard.

Wishing you, and your travel companions, a fabulous sailing.  Thanks for posting!

Thanks, @mariners We would love to cruise with you and “Mr. Mariners,” again.   .Hopefully so!

9 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

Hi all,

I have been busy and know how difficult it is to post from 7:00am - 6:00.  

Here is the wine list.  This is a new way of listing the wines.  Of course if you want a wine on the list and you are in another location,  you can only ask.  They will get it for you.

I will send photos of the outlets in the suites and current office list.  @marc, I will get the answers to your questions.

F5368F90-C741-455B-8DDB-B5B7AB125FF1.thumb.jpeg.12941658f6a5c6a352cfa7d394a0308a.jpegBA7E3918-8129-485C-A16E-0BF5B17C14F0.thumb.jpeg.09b8f6e9dcb6dee5d742bfe01cb0f8e8.jpeg

Thank you so much for posting the wine lists....greatly appreciated.   Have lots of fun!!!🤩

This list is not exhaustive, as I’ve had, for example, the Cashmere Black in Prime 7 and have seen others during Nobelo in several venues. I don’t see either on the list. I’m thinking that this may be the list of what’s being put forth on this cruise, but they have some others “in the back.” That being said, the Sauvignon Blanc selection this cruise has been disappointing.

Disappointing not to see a Gewurztraminer like the one we enjoyed all around the ship on Splendor earlier this month.  I'll try putting in a special request for our 7 June cruise on Navigator.

How about beers?  Specifically, any IPAs.  Like, preferably, Lagunitas which they had on Splendor along with Goose Island (not so good).  Sierra Nevada which they used to stock was MIA.  Worse yet, I made a special request for Guiness DRAFT which is available in bottles and the nitro cans and very definitely specified NOT the Special Export which is harsh and not smooth at all.  We got bottles of the Special Export in our suite.  I put this down to relearning pains.  Now in August when we'll be on Voyager going to Ireland, they better understand the difference!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Portolan said:

Disappointing not to see a Gewurztraminer like the one we enjoyed all around the ship on Splendor earlier this month.  I'll try putting in a special request for our 7 June cruise on Navigator.

How about beers?  Specifically, any IPAs.  Like, preferably, Lagunitas which they had on Splendor along with Goose Island (not so good).  Sierra Nevada which they used to stock was MIA.  Worse yet, I made a special request for Guiness DRAFT which is available in bottles and the nitro cans and very definitely specified NOT the Special Export which is harsh and not smooth at all.  We got bottles of the Special Export in our suite.  I put this down to relearning pains.  Now in August when we'll be on Voyager going to Ireland, they better understand the difference!

If you can request Red Blend Wine please for June 7th voyage ...greatly appreciated.  IPAs (I have no clue 😉).  If I drink beer it is Stella...I think they have that. My husband likes darker beer...hopefully you get Guiness Draft... Thank you