Drinks Package with Every Bar (QM2)

kshannon5

We didn't get a print out of our bill on the last cruise, may have been a consequence of being quarantined for the last five days. Checking your statement via the MyVoyage app is handy though.

7 hours ago, Mudhen said:

We would check every other day for a print out from the front desk. Worked perfectly.

Unfortunately I was hacked using the Cunard wifi.....never again. On our next cruise, I'll ask to be connected only thru one of the library desk tops. Will never use their wifi again....probably my bad, somewhere along the line, but not taking any chances again....

If that's the case that means someone on board had the resources to intercept your transmission over the wifi and do something with it - presumably access your bank account details. it seems unlikely for such a small wifi network . However if you're concerned  buy and use a VPN -  I use them everytime I use public wifi for anything more important than  social media 

11 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

We had a rather large bar receipt assigned to our cabin on our last cruise. I was able to show we had signed for drinks in another bar and also the signature and name, wasn't ours.

Not quite so easy to do with no actual bar chitty.

Fair comment - if they are not giving details of what was bought and where on the online app - I'd  get into the habit of snapping a picture of what you did order.  Not exactly proof of what  you didn't drink but it  may prove you weren't in the place the drinks were charged.  

Never been on Cunard (or any other large ship, for that matter). I'm wondering how these mistakes arise. When you order a drink, are you asked for your stateroom number (which means someone else could be giving yours accidentally); or do you swipe your onboard id ... what's the process?

1 hour ago, LifeonMars said:

The "My Voyage" statement page,  on the Cunard wifi will show  the date and time of what was purchased and at which outlet on board I think also a reference to the server.   

Unless they've made a mistake and mixed up the cards or something. Hence my preference for my own records.

10 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Never been on Cunard (or any other large ship, for that matter). I'm wondering how these mistakes arise. When you order a drink, are you asked for your stateroom number (which means someone else could be giving yours accidentally); or do you swipe your onboard id ... what's the process?

At the moment you just had them your cruisecard and they take it away and that's it. You used to have to sign, but Covid stopped that for some reason. Usually in the restaurant, you don't need to give them your card after the first time. They know who you are.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

In the past, the cruise card was handed over and you signed for the drinks. How the mistake arose for us, I have no idea but it wasn't our name or signature on the chitty but it was our cabin number.

We will monitor our spends, closely, and get an update more regularly than previously.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

In the past, the cruise card was handed over and you signed for the drinks. How the mistake arose for us, I have no idea but it wasn't our name or signature on the chitty but it was our cabin number.

We will monitor our spends, closely, and get an update more regularly than previously.

Well at least you can now see your balance on the app - rather than having to ask at  reception-  so that's a big improvement 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 11:19 AM, TouchstoneFeste said:

On the 2 covid cruises we've now taken with Cunard, on all they touch card to their tablet to get your details (or ask you to do same) (it's a contactless card).       Some servers without the more modern tablets take room number  + name and ask if you have package.

However as others have commented once you have been to a bar once they usually remembered.     I think at midships on QE we only gave our details once, ditto in Queens Room, as our regular waiter knew us from moment we walked in, and asked us if we wanted our regular drinks within a moment of having sat down.    To be fair, the service quality on Cunard is leagues ahead of Princess with their medallions where you rarely got to know the server delivering drinks.

5 hours ago, starquake said:

On the 2 covid cruises we've now taken with Cunard, on all they touch card to their tablet to get your details (or ask you to do same) (it's a contactless card).       Some servers without the more modern tablets take room number  + name and ask if you have package.

However as others have commented once you have been to a bar once they usually remembered.     I think at midships on QE we only gave our details once, ditto in Queens Room, as our regular waiter knew us from moment we walked in, and asked us if we wanted our regular drinks within a moment of having sat down.    To be fair, the service quality on Cunard is leagues ahead of Princess with their medallions where you rarely got to know the server delivering drinks.

Thanks for this information.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the drink package and the $12 limit on what is included, does Cunard allow for you to purchase a more expensive drink and pay the difference between the package and drink price or are you on the hook for the entire drink price?   Holland makes you pay the entire amount so I am curious if their sister line is the same.  Thanks all! 

47 minutes ago, wowgirl/itguy said:

Regarding the drink package and the $12 limit on what is included, does Cunard allow for you to purchase a more expensive drink and pay the difference between the package and drink price or are you on the hook for the entire drink price?   Holland makes you pay the entire amount so I am curious if their sister line is the same.  Thanks all! 

We won't try it out until next week but the published T&Cs state you pay full price less a 20% discount on items over the $12 limit and on bottles of wine up to value of $150.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input.  We plan to call Cunard directly so I can order the package for my husband and the premium non-alcoholic package for me.

If you have the package, do you get a discount on a bottle of wine?

2 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Thanks for all the input.  We plan to call Cunard directly so I can order the package for my husband and the premium non-alcoholic package for me.

If you have the package, do you get a discount on a bottle of wine?

Yes. See my last reply above.

4 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I'm curious to see if Cunard will let you do that. I was under the impression that both people in the cabin had to order the higher priced package. Would appreciate if you would post what Cunard tells you.

Thanks

Jack

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No luck.  Said we both had to get drink package, not one premium alcohol and one premium non alcohol (Royal Caribbean allows us to do that).  They said try onboard on second day.  Maybe we could work something out with them. 

After our upcoming QM2 cruise,will probably sail Celebrity which offers the free drink package, free gratuities and free WiFi with their fares.  We do have 2 cruises scheduled with Celebrity in 2023.

You may want to check the Celebrity Board.   Passengers are not very pleased with the line.   Of course you don’t have to worry about dressing as casual dress is the norm.   You also won’t need to take any clothes for ballroom dancing as they don’t have a ballroom.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:05 PM, Luv2Crus40 said:

No luck.  Said we both had to get drink package, not one premium alcohol and one premium non alcohol (Royal Caribbean allows us to do that).  They said try onboard on second day.  Maybe we could work something out with them. 

After our upcoming QM2 cruise,will probably sail Celebrity which offers the free drink package, free gratuities and free WiFi with their fares.  We do have 2 cruises scheduled with Celebrity in 2023.

WHen we were on the crossing part of our 2019 Carribean cruise, two of our table mates who were on a back to back had a split package as she didn't drink. So it's definitely possible.

• Like 1