Pinnacle Reservations Question

Dismomx5

Good morning! My sisters and I (and hubbies) booked a trip in May for Alaska late last week. I have the Have It All package and will get a free dinner. I've chosen the Pinnacle. I'd like to book us all, gifting them their dinner. When I go to book, I can click complimentary, but the price shows up at full price for the six of us. (My husband and I are 3* and should, I believe get 25% off off). Do I just prepay the entire bill and get reimbursed for the complimentary and mariner discount once we are onboard? I don't want to wait until I board because already the date/time I want is booked.

3 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

Good morning! My sisters and I (and hubbies) booked a trip in May for Alaska late last week. I have the Have It All package and will get a free dinner. I've chosen the Pinnacle. I'd like to book us all, gifting them their dinner. When I go to book, I can click complimentary, but the price shows up at full price for the six of us. (My husband and I are 3* and should, I believe get 25% off off). Do I just prepay the entire bill and get reimbursed for the complimentary and mariner discount once we are onboard? I don't want to wait until I board because already the date/time I want is booked.

Booking online results in you paying full fare.  Most times I have heard that you can get your 25% discount adjusted after you dine by going to the front desk.  In the past if you pay for everyone they MIGHT give you the 25% discount for the entire party, but post Covid I have heard that this is no longer true - all you can do is ask.

• Like 1

I pre-booked a Pinnacle dinner for a December Rotterdam cruise. I am 4 star. I thought they would credit back half the cost to my onboard account. When that did not happen, a trip to the front desk told me that if you prebook, as DaveOKC said above, you pay the full amount. But, they called the accounting department and did give me half price credit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarellen8385 said:

I pre-booked a Pinnacle dinner for a December Rotterdam cruise. I am 4 star. I thought they would credit back half the cost to my onboard account. When that did not happen, a trip to the front desk told me that if you prebook, as DaveOKC said above, you pay the full amount. But, they called the accounting department and did give me half price credit.

And that is the reason that I never book online again. Except for the dinners included in Have It All, because those complimentary dinners can be booked online without payment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarellen8385 said:

On only one occasion did I have to go to the Front Desk and ask why my Mariner discount was not applied.  Being in Juneau at the time of denial by the Front Desk, I placed a call to the Mariner Society and handed my phone to the Guest Relations Manager whose face slowly turned a bit crimson before she returned my phone.  Got my discount applied and some chocolate-covered strawberries.

I now carry a copy of the Mariner Society Benefits with me on each cruise to help train Front Desk personnel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

For our Rotterdam cruise 12/01/21, I booked dinners in specialty venues for my wife, me and my cousins. I used their booking number and ours BUT I DID NOT DO IT ONLINE. I called HAL on their local Seattle number (not the 800 number). It was painless and fast.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

For our Rotterdam cruise 12/01/21, I booked dinners in specialty venues for my wife, me and my cousins. I used their booking number and ours BUT I DID NOT DO IT ONLINE. I called HAL on their local Seattle number (not the 800 number). It was painless and fast.

Do you have a link to that number. The only thing I can come up with is an 800 number and I'd like to book a lunch at the Pinnacle as well as the dinner. Thanks

22 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Do you have a link to that number. The only thing I can come up with is an 800 number and I'd like to book a lunch at the Pinnacle as well as the dinner. Thanks

Lunch at the Pinnacle can only be booked once on the ship.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2