Fav restaurants on the Escape ?

brockmom

Hands down I could eat at Pinchos and Food Republic the entire cruise and be happy.

Bayamo was delightful, but my experiences were pre-change to Ocean Blue menu.

Others were all fine, but those three were on a different level of creativity and quality.

• Like 2

We were on the Escape twice during the month of Feb, once pre-scheduled, and the second time, booked 4 days prior to sailing because we missed the Escape so much!

We thought ALL the food offerings were fantastic, including all 3 main dining rooms and O'Sheehans, and of the specialties,  over the two cruises, we ate at La Cucina 4 times.  The shrimp ravioli in lobster sauce is ... what food dreams are made of!  And we both had the best beef tenderloins there ... the most tender, cooked to perfection that we've had on a ship.

And, their tiramisu is terrific.  On top of that, we love the decor.  

Ate once at Le Bistro, which we normally really enjoy, and found it to be just OK.  

• Like 1

Forgot to mention what was a highlight for us:

think it was on the second "Chic" night in the MDR:  for us, the night when they had coconut shrimp and the lamb shank, this was also one of the best and one of our fave meals.

Given the quality of the meals we experienced, on two different sailings (which speaks to their consistency), we think you'll thoroughly enjoy whichever venue you chose, whether complimentary or one of the specialties.  

All this talk of amazing food on the Escape is making me want to get right back on!!!  😋

43 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Forgot to mention what was a highlight for us:

think it was on the second "Chic" night in the MDR:  for us, the night when they had coconut shrimp and the lamb shank, this was also one of the best and one of our fave meals.

Given the quality of the meals we experienced, on two different sailings (which speaks to their consistency), we think you'll thoroughly enjoy whichever venue you chose, whether complimentary or one of the specialties.  

All this talk of amazing food on the Escape is making me want to get right back on!!!  😋

Unfortunately, Escape won't be sailing for at least another week.

• 1 month later...

First time cruising NCL escape for 10 nights. Have x2 specialty dining nights and 8 complimentary. Recommendations please, particularly for the specialty as we only have 2 nights. Many thanks 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just off the Getaway, and because no one ever throws any love their way, I'll mention

La Cucina again.   

We ate there twice during the week and both meals were terrific.  We had our usual Shrimp Ravioli in Lobster Sauce and the beef tenderloin, and all I can say is "scrumptious"!  The food going out to other tables also looked tempting, but we love these choices.

Also, did Ocean Blue for the first time ... food excellent (tiger shrimp and scallop starters fantastic ), but found the venue itself a little cramped.  Will definitely return on our next cruise in November.

We were going to use one of our Platinum meal vouchers in Cagney's about midweek, but time availability left was not suitable for us.  We didn't mind too much as we find Cagney's can be a hit or a miss , but if you really want in, we def recommend either reserving in advance using the FAS dining, or if you choose to use a Platinum voucher, see them early on in the cruise to book. 

• Like 1

Just off the Escape yesterday.

Bayamos - Very good

La Cucina - We had a great meal there

Pinchos - Just had some apps there and wine - but it was great

Cagneys - such a disappointment - And we usually go there.   I'm not sure if the kitchen and service were having a bad day, but it was awful....   I went to client services the next day to just let them know

about the service (20 mins to get our appetizers), it was just really bad service....  Like I said, maybe it was a bad night...  We rec'd a call from the Asst Matrie'D Kurt, so nice and wanted to know more about our evening.   He rebooked us to Moderno - He even came by out table to make sure we were good.

Exceptional customer service.  Again, all we could think of was it was an off night...

We had great meals at Taste, Savor and Manhattan dining room.   Buffet was fine for lunch...

We are not breakfast folks - so we would just get the room service continental in the mornings....

I will say the crew are so friendly and the warm greetings and smiles!  (Yes, smiles, crew was able to take off their masks during our cruise!)   Some crew members still chose to wear them and that is their choice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 12:17 PM, JandC_Cruising said:

mentioned Pinchos is great!  Unlike the others, it is also open for lunch, so it is totally worth a nice lunch to change up from the typical lunchtime fare.

So is it a specialty lunch where you have to pay or part of the regular free dining?