SL/CL Checking SeaPass ???

On Explorer now and SL (sign still says CL) concierge is scanning SeaPass every time you come in and every time you leave. Also scanning each time you order a drink in the lounge. Why ??

Also very small inside lounge on deck #9......DL on deck #14...sad this isn't the other way around but this tired old ship is due for drydock 2023 and does it need it.....So disappointed with this ship and lack of staff. 2800 hundred onboard and it feels like 4k.

• Thanks 1

maybe it really is still just a CL and in the CL your vouchers are used when you get a drink. It's only in the proper SL that some have said your drinks don't count against your vouchers. I'm not sure, just brainstorming a reason. But the easy question to answer about scanning your cards coming and going is this; capacity control. On Indy we had to scan our seapass cards entering and leaving WJ. As of March 15, Pinnacles are allowed back in the SL/CL if capacity limits have not been reached. So for the concierge to know, he/she has to scan cards.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:20 PM, wolfcathorse said:

maybe it really is still just a CL and in the CL your vouchers are used when you get a drink. It's only in the proper SL that some have said your drinks don't count against your vouchers. 

This is incorrect.  Concierge/Suite lounge drinks are unlimited during Happy Hour.  It's only in the DIAMOND lounge that vouchers are used.

I have heard of card-swiping being used for inventory checks, so maybe that's the reason.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

This is incorrect.  Concierge/Suite lounge drinks are unlimited during Happy Hour.  It's only in the DIAMOND lounge that vouchers are used.

I have heard of card-swiping being used for inventory checks, so maybe that's the reason.

Yes, remember they were doing that in past, think you're correct

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 8:10 PM, Ashland said:

Also very small inside lounge on deck #9......DL on deck #14...sad this isn't the other way around but this tired old ship is due for drydock 2023 and does it need it.

I've been trying to find information about this dry dock but other than its for 5 weeks in February 2023 and is in the US I can't find anything out.

My gut feeling is it will be more technical/maintenance rather than any amplification.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

This is incorrect.  On Harmony they are charging a voucher anytime in the SL, including happy hour, for all Pinnacles (not staying in a suite) and unlimited for suite quests.  Suite guests have beer and wine available at no charge from 11 to 11, Pinnacles will be charged a voucher.  Was told this is the procedure for all ship's Suite Lounges with a bar going forward.

Edited by Tagsalong

8 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

This is incorrect.  On Harmony they are charging a voucher anytime in the SL, including happy hour, for all Pinnacles (not staying in a suite) and unlimited for suite quests.  Suite guests have beer and wine available at no charge from 11 to 11, Pinnacles will be charged a voucher.  Was told this is the procedure for all ship's Suite Lounges with a bar going forward.

The OP is in a suite, not a Pinnacle accessing the lounge.  

So the OPs vouchers are NOT being used in the Suite Lounge. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

sorry, I was confused. They used our Pinnacle vouchers in Ovation's "Pinnacle" lounge in Alaska and Harmony's "Pinnacle Lounge" on the TA last October.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tin can said:

I've been trying to find information about this dry dock but other than its for 5 weeks in February 2023 and is in the US I can't find anything out.

My gut feeling is it will be more technical/maintenance rather than any amplification.

According to a senior staff member onboard Explorer now, it is due for amplification in 2023. It was delayed due to covid on last schedule. And does it need it. This tired ship is really showing her age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

We'll see if this "inventory" continues next week also.

• Like 1