First lunch on E class

odysee

We are sailing on Beyond in May.  First time for us in E class, we booked a Sunset Veranda as we wanted real balcony.

Any tips for first day ?  On S class we used to go to Bistro on 5 (afterwards Sushi place) to sit quietly and avoid crush at Buffet.

Is there something like that on the E class ?  And how does Eden function : is it open for lunch and fee pp ?

Any other suggestions on what not to miss on the new ship from those that sailed on Edge or Apex ?

I also love the Sunset Veranda...nothing like it!  I like Mast Grill on Edge the first day after dropping off hand luggage in my cabin.  It's not crowded and I'm able to eat outside and enjoy the beautiful day.

1 hour ago, odysee said:

We are sailing on Beyond in May.  First time for us in E class, we booked a Sunset Veranda as we wanted real balcony.

Any tips for first day ?  On S class we used to go to Bistro on 5 (afterwards Sushi place) to sit quietly and avoid crush at Buffet.

Is there something like that on the E class ?  And how does Eden function : is it open for lunch and fee pp ?

Any other suggestions on what not to miss on the new ship from those that sailed on Edge or Apex ?

Eden (on Apex) did lunch (sea days only, I think), no extra charge---but limited hours.

Thanks for that.

I am trying to understand newly downloaded X App, but I do not find where to reserve dining.  It shows the various restaurants with some info like opening times and ‘cover charge applies’ for some without giving price.

Where could I find list of cover charges? 
Can I only book meals, excursions etc via my computer, not with App ?

Odysee:  My understanding is that you can only reserve via the app when you are on board. Before your cruise, you can call or book via computer. The cover charge for the specialty restaurants are in the Description heading, a couple headings down from the Times.

1 hour ago, odysee said:

Thanks for that.

I am trying to understand newly downloaded X App, but I do not find where to reserve dining.  It shows the various restaurants with some info like opening times and ‘cover charge applies’ for some without giving price.

Where could I find list of cover charges? 
Can I only book meals, excursions etc via my computer, not with App ?

I believe you can only reserve using the app once on board the ship.  Prior to that go to cruise planner on the web and you will be able to book specialty dining, excursions etc.  there will usually be a discount prior to boarding.   You can use your Celebrity OBC for these charges.

There are 3 different areas in Eden.   The Eden lounge/bar.   The Eden Cafe and then the Eden Restaurant.  The restaurant has a fee and needs reservations.   There is also the balcony area that loops around the lounge and has nice views of the wake and offers a quiet place to relax, read play games and etc.  

The Eden Cafe may be open for lunch on Embarkation day.  It is normally often for lunch on sea days. It always has breakfast items in the morning.  The menu is very limited like the Spa Cafe. 

The Mast grill has burgers and fries,  Sushi restaurant has taken the place of 5 on 5 and is usually ala carte.  

You have to check the daily planner on the App to see what will be open.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 3/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, odysee said:

Eden is only a specialty ($$$) at dinner, we love both their breakfast and lunch, a tad limited, but have always found something to our liking, and IMO, it is the best specialty restaurant on the EDGE, when not in Luminae for dinner we were at EDEN.  I'm with you, we stay the heck away from the buffet, almost at all times, but especially on the first day, it is a circus.

With staggered boarding, reduced passenger counts  and the ability to drop off luggage at the cabin immediately upon boarding has made lunch at the Oceanview a much better experience.  We did it on our most recent Edge cruise rather than Luminae.  The OV wasn’t crowded and has many more food options than any of the other places for lunch.